Post Thanks / Like

Adapt and speed changing the 2 and 3 step definition?

Hey gang,
    A detailing buddy of mine and I were having a discussion on 2 and 3 step correction. He is pretty much a Megs man, and goes with the long time adage of 2 steps = polish and lsp. And 3 steps = compound, polish and lsp.

I contended that with Adapt and Speed you get your 2 step better and faster, as Adapt has polish and is multi level, and speed will finish off the job. As for a 3rd step, I would just layer Poxy on over the speed.

I was able to ask Dave on FB and he replied that “[it] sounds about right”

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adapt and speed changing the 2 and 3 step definition?

With ADAPT, I was able to get correction completed in one step. In spots, I did have to use the Polish but was impressed with ADAPT.
    I still think ADAPT is underrated IMO.
    Both mentioned products have become my go to ` s.

Steve

azdetailer
    Post Thanks / Like

3D products are changing the industry. I attended one of the Demos in Phoenix. And the HD speed is really effective in paint correction. Most of my customers cars are on a Weekly maintanance plan so there cars are gently wash where micro-scratching is not an issue. My customers generally drive newer cars too. So I have not really used it on a completely hammered car. But so far for light to moderate micro-scratching and swirl removal it is really impressive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by envious2015 View Post
    3D products are changing the industry.
    Or at least making them follow what we`re doing.....

3D/HD had made great strides with their polishing compound technology over the last few years. The company`s owner (Tunch Goren) is committed to making detailing as easy as possible. In fact, he`s trademarked the term Detailing Made Simple. People remembering HD UNO would be aware that this product was Tunch`s initial offering to make cutting & polishing paint less complicated by using 1 and altering pads to get the desired results. After several reformulations trying to move the product further, Tunch discovered an entirely new kind of technology that uses Chemical & Mechanical abrasives to level and polish paint. He then coined the term Adaptive Abrasive Technology (also trademarked) and introduced HD Adapt. This product has greatly advanced people`s ability to tackle most paint correction jobs by using this 1 product to quickly and easily level defects while producing excellent clarity & gloss at the same time. With using this product there was no longer a need to use multiple compounds and multiple polishes to produce the desired results . Adapt`s whole premise and largest factor for obtaining an optimal outcome was selection of the proper pad that would produce just enough cut without hindering the final finish. I can`t help to notice that more and more companies are now trying to come out with similar types of technology, yet the results are not quite as consistent and simple as with Adapt. This product is certainly a must have for both an enthusiast and professional detailer wanting quick, simple and effective results.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

I am still trying to get the hang of adapt. When it does work for me well it is pretty dang awsome

Post Thanks / Like

Where can I find more information on this combination of "chemical & mechanical abrasives"?

"...entirely new kind of technology that uses Chemical & Mechanical abrasives to level and polish paint."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Where can I find more information on this combination of "chemical & mechanical abrasives"?
    Ask Meg`s about #2?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Feel free to let me know what you`d like to further info on. Different forms of Chemical-Mechanical-Polishing (CMP) have been around for many years and in several different industries actually. I`d have to say that to system 3D created is quite different than any other on the market. Especially the detailing industry. Without disclosing confidential proprietary information, I can say that the highlight of their system relies not just on specialized non-diminishing abrasives, but a special chemical additive that accelerates the product`s cutting and polishing abilities.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information