Post Thanks / Like

So I have had my HD poxy 32oz for a lil bit and after a couple of cars, I am noticing it is almost useless. It is not holding up. The oils are just constantly coming out after vigorously shaking it to try and mix it before applying.

`

I have been a 3d buyer for quite sometime for a lot of the products; The 16oz bottles were not like this at all- Can anyone tell me if I might have a bad batch??`
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Affordable/Mobile

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you store your Poxy?`` I`ve found that it seems to be affected by heat.` Since I`ve been keeping it in the house at 65-75 degrees year round it has been just fine.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

I`m starting to have the same issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine did the same thing.` I had it stored in my garage..`

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting this up and sorry you`re having issues with HD.`

`

pwaug is correct - heat or temp change will break down/separate many detailing product, but usually not to the point that they can`t be reconstituted. I`ve seen this happen with Poxy a few times and here`s what I have instructed people to do with success:

`

Unless you don`t mind shaking the heck out of your bottle for a long while (hard because Poxy is thick), secure your bottle to your Dual Action polisher. Tape it, bungee cord or whatever is needed to keep it stationary. Crank up the speed (low to half way) and let it mix around for a few minutes. This should remix everything back to normal.`

`

Try this and please get back with us with your results.

`

Keep in mind that it might not mix back to a thick consistency, but don`t worry. As long as the oils are united back with everything it should work just like it needs to.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

David, I did not try what you are talking about, but I will give it a GO... hopefully tomorrow. I am a little unhopeful on how it will come out>

`

Only because I nearly did the "shake weight 5 minute`meltdown"`with my arms wailing like an inflatable tube man!

And even during that it came out a little better for the first 2 minutes, then another couple minutes later- Oil continues to soak entire foam pad and I`m yelling the F-word in public.

It was hopeless, and the BMW detailed did not hold up after a couple of days either.

`

FYI; As I stated earlier- I live in gulf breeze with our 100 index, and I used the 16oz before the new black logo appeared. It worked great with no problems...

`

If I get to it tomorrow, I will try and Iphone a quick upload if it is another failure.

Post Thanks / Like

Bump for an update?`

`

Can you elaborate on what didn`t hold up on the BMW?`

Post Thanks / Like

after 3 days on the BMW water beading deteriorated to a defined mottling.` Light to medium rain`on first day.`Then a heavier downpour the third day which`began to be noticeable.

`

Sorry for not getting back.`I`m going to do`what u mentioned above in a lil while after the heat dissipates a little. Been pretty busy with several things,

`

Another update shortly, possibly photo or video too

Post Thanks / Like

Well I got a bit of a clip to show. What a difference it makes for the mixture in a cool environment.

`

It might be safe to say that the Poxy is still good...? Further product testing will be done on the beamer with the HD Poxy stored in 70-75 (degrees) to be sure of it.

Either way, Lol If I do get more I`m sure I will get the 16oz, The amount I got is simply`overkill for me since I am somewhat mobile and progressively moving into welding

`

`

https://vimeo.com/99579684

`

`

`

`

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine did the same thing. I shook it up then put it in freezer for about 15 minutes shook it again and it was good to go

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing the fix to this issue. I`m really glad it worked out.`

Thread Information