Post Thanks / Like

I had some scratches in the paint from rinseless washes and tried to remove them with HD Polish. When I didn`t make much progress I wanted to try something a little more aggressive, but before moving up to HD Cut, I thought I`d test HD Adapt on a white foam pad. Not only did it remove the scratches, it was just as easy to use and wipe off as the Polish.`
    `
    I did a test spot with Adapt next to an area where I had used Polish, and if there`s any difference in the shine or clarity in the black paint between the two sections, it`s so minimal that I can`t see it. My plan is to go over the whole car using Adapt, and then when I`m finished, decide if Polish will add anything extra or not.`
    `
    When I ordered Adapt I also received Poxy. Had I thought about it at the time, I would have ordered pads for applying Poxy, but I had Opti Seal on my car and didn`t think about trying something new. Now that I have the bottle of Poxy and read some good reviews, I`m tempted to see how it looks.
    `
    Can I use a red Hydro-Tech pad, which is the softest pad I have, and for the smaller areas, a yellow foam pad like those used for hand applying Opti Seal? Otherwise, I`ll have to order addtional pads.
    `
    I`m a little concerned about scratching the paint when buffing off Poxy after it cures, since everything scratches this car, but since I didn`t create any scratches when wiping off the Adapt or Polish, I`m hoping buffing off the wax won`t be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m glad Adapt is working for you! And heck yeah, follow up with Poxy and you`ll be golden. It`s super easy to use actually and works great with the Red HT pads. Here`s what you want to do. Like most sealants, make sure to not use too much or it could cause removal issues.`

`

Apply 4-5 drops on the pad and smear it around. This should be enough to cover your hood, fenders and front bumper. It might take a few passes back and forth for it to work itself into the pad. You`ll know it once it does because the face of the pad will be saturated and spreading will be much easier.`

`

Then, apply 3 more drops and do 2-3 more panels. Remember, a thin film is perfect so if it starts to look like its not as much is being applied to the surface....don`t worry. You just need a thin film.`

`

Repeat until you`re done. Typically about 15 drops will do a complete averaged sized car. Let it dry for about 30 minutes (low humidity) and remove starting where you 1st applied it. If you see streaking or cloudiness, you either applied it too heavy or it needs to dry a little more.`

`

Let me know if you run into any issues.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info.

I watched two videos and saw how little Poxy is needed. I can do most of the car with my DA and the red Hydro-Tech pad, but will a small yellow foam pad be okay for the smaller areas, or is it best to get a smaller Hydro-Tech pad and machine wax everything?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Just remove the pad from your DA and use it. It`s already primed `
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information