Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,

I have been using adapt with my Megs MF cutting pads and am running into a strange issue.` As I buff the surface and complete maybe 2-3 section passes the remaining product on the surface will NOT wipe off with my MF towels.` It I use a finger I can smear it, but to remove it with the towel I have to spray it with my HD Total APC.` I also have a fair amount of dusting.` Can anybody give me some ideas about what I am doing wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

What machine?

What speed?

What is your ambient temp/ humidity?

How much product are you using per pass?

`

The first time I used Adapt, I experienced a similar issue.

`

Working with the product more... I have found 5- 6 pea sized drops on a Meg`s MF per section in 70- 80 degree weather with low humidity, to wipe off nicely with little-to-zero dust.

`

Without knowing more... keep the passes to 1 (2 tops) with slow, slow arm speed and work a smaller section. ` Keep the MF pad clean!
    Former Pro, Now Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like

PC 7424XP on speed 5.` That seems`to keep the dusting down, while`speed 6 really dusts a lot.` It is probably the upper 60s to mid 70s and low humidity.` I have done 6-7 drops to prime, then 3-4 drops for each section.` I`m wondering if I am just working it too long then it dries to the surface.` Let me try a bit more product, with a single really slow pass.` Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Not a problem. `Let us know how it goes.

`

-Gabe
    Former Pro, Now Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like

Work in small sections with HD Adapt & clean surface with either water or glass cleaner. Don`t leave it on the car for too long or it can get sticky to remove. If it gets sticky & glass cleaner is giving you trouble for removal, go right to mineral spirits. Since Adapt has NO FILLERS, you can do mineral spirit wipedown as you polish the car.`

Another thing you can do is fill a 5 gal bucket with some ONR & use that to clean the surface right away after polishing.`

`

I polished this E30 M3 single stage paint with HD Adapt & a bunch of different polishers!`

`

`

Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    A-style executed flawlessly.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the product is drying out. Could be either from not enough product and/or too long of buffing sections.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried some more this weekend, and doing the single section pass helped somewhat, but wow....it seems to dry out REALLY fast.` I have not had this issue on three other vehicles that I have polished (2 Honda, 1 Buick).` This round I am doing a brown `12 Nissan Murano that has never had a correction done.` The paint does seem kind of "sticky" so I`m wondering if that is compounding the issue?` How small of`a section should I be doing?` I tried doing the hood in quarters, maybe I should do eighths?` I was trying to do the front quarter panel in one shot, maybe that`s too big.` I am VERY happy with the finish when complete however!

I switched to doing IPA to wipe down the panel instead of the APC, but I get streaking (maybe a little less than with APC) and am wondering what the best approach is to get a really perfectly clean surface before applying the Poxy.` I have ONR, HD Touch, HD Express, but won`t those affect the bonding ability of Poxy?` Thank you ALL for your expertise and help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBigA

Work in small sections with HD Adapt & clean surface with either water or glass cleaner. Don`t leave it on the car for too long or it can get sticky to remove. If it gets sticky & glass cleaner is giving you trouble for removal, go right to mineral spirits. Since Adapt has NO FILLERS, you can do mineral spirit wipedown as you polish the car.

Another thing you can do is fill a 5 gal bucket with some ONR & use that to clean the surface right away after polishing.

I polished this E30 M3 single stage paint with HD Adapt & a bunch of different polishers!

My Dream car :0

Nice pics andrew

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuxton5200

I tried some more this weekend, and doing the single section pass helped somewhat, but wow....it seems to dry out REALLY fast.` I have not had this issue on three other vehicles that I have polished (2 Honda, 1 Buick).` This round I am doing a brown `12 Nissan Murano that has never had a correction done.` The paint does seem kind of "sticky" so I`m wondering if that is compounding the issue?` How small of`a section should I be doing?` I tried doing the hood in quarters, maybe I should do eighths?` I was trying to do the front quarter panel in one shot, maybe that`s too big.` I am VERY happy with the finish when complete however!

I switched to doing IPA to wipe down the panel instead of the APC, but I get streaking (maybe a little less than with APC) and am wondering what the best approach is to get a really perfectly clean surface before applying the Poxy.` I have ONR, HD Touch, HD Express, but won`t those affect the bonding ability of Poxy?` Thank you ALL for your expertise and help!

`

I`d suggest using more product, work smaller sections and try shortening up your work cycles.`

`

Express won`t effect bonding, but isn`t strong enough to get the residue off most likely.`If you want to wipe any residual polish, any (besides Express) of the above products will work and not affect bonding. Alcohol probably being the strongest and *cleanest* one.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information