Post Thanks / Like

Recently I have been advised by several people to try out some HD products. `Given that I already have an ample supply of compounding and polishing products, I was not too interested in purchasing more for the time being... at least that is what I thought.

`

I was kindly offered a few small samples of Cut, Polish, and Adapt from a fellow detailer, so I was interested to see what these products were all about. `After messing around with them on a few panels, I was ready to purchase some more to give them a go on a full project.

`

`

First up was this Lingenfelter SSR. `I had already decided I was going to need some serious cut to revive this hard paint, so I slapped a MF cutting pad on my LHR21 and applied some HD cut. `The vehicle was in rough shape as you can see...

`

`

`

I made 6 passes (3 horizontal, 3 vertical) and then pulled the car back out into the sun to snap another picture and inspect the results.

`

Needless to say, I was quite pleased. `This paint was`hard, and I had no intentions of producing a flawless finish with me 2 step process, but this was a good amount of correction and a very nice finish for the compounding phase. `You will notice there are a couple of random deep defects remaining, but the majority of the finish is very clear and quite glossy.`

`

`

`I will also say that I experienced very little dusting throughout this entire vehicle with this product. `It was considerably less than the Meguiar`s M105 or M101 products, and possibly even less than FG400. `The most noticeable trait to me was how easily it wiped away from the surface. `I was very pleased with my first full detail with HD Cut.

`

`

`

My assistant was following behind me refining the surface with HD Polish. `I did a few sections with this product to get some experience with it, and I was very happy with this one as well. `Polish was used on a white LC Polishing Pad and produced absolutely no dust and wiped away extremely easily from the surface. `It easily removed any haze or marring that was left from the compounding process and produced an incredible finish. `Very happy with my purchase at this point!

`

`

`

`

`

`

`

Most recently I was able to use Adapt as a one-step correction product on this 2013 Mazda MX-5. `Adapt was used on a white LC polishing pad on my Rupes LHR21. `This product also produced no dust, and was pretty easy to remove (comparable to M205), but not quite as buttery smooth to wipe away as HD polish. `

`

This product easily removed moderate defects and left a brilliant finish on this metallic black paint.

`

`

`

`

Overall I was quite pleased with all 3 of these products and am somewhat upset that I waited so long to try them out. `These have all earned a place on my shelf and I look forward to using them more in the future.

`

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

`zach, glad you got to experience these excellent products first hand! thanks for your thoughts and honest feedback...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Zach. I tried both also and I too was pleased. Thanks for the documentation.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

A very well written detailed review. Thanks for sharing.

`

They indeed look like "must have" products. Unfortunately in my country I can only get HD Polish and even that is very expensive.

Thread Information