Post Thanks / Like

Went to grab my bottle of Poxy and noticed a different consistency. `It`s almost a liquid. `Is this normal? `Can i still use it? `Thanks!

`

`

`

Post Thanks / Like

Well, since you mention it, I have seen 2 different bottles of Poxy turn into something like cottage cheese. HD sent me an 8oz. sample for my troubles and then I purchased another 320z.(?) bottle and the same thing seems to be happening. My take is that you have to shake Poxy almost every day to keep it from settling. And of course, not let it freeze.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I think my bottle is a goner!!I`ve shaken it and nothing. Same consistency. I have a small poxy sample that saved me on a job today. And that sample had the creamy consistency. Might just have to go buy another bottle. Sucks. The bottle was half full.

Post Thanks / Like

Jose--I`d either let Ben know or contact HD Customer Service.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks pwaug I`ll shoot them an email and phone call.

Post Thanks / Like

Talked to Fermani when my Poxy separated. It would be very clumpy and have a large amount of liquid solvent surrounding it. You can either try to shake the bottle like mad on a DA or by hand. It should be almost a pasty/cream texture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvaBimma

Talked to Fermani when my Poxy separated. It would be very clumpy and have a large amount of liquid solvent surrounding it. You can either try to shake the bottle like mad on a DA or by hand. It should be almost a pasty/cream texture.

Thanks for the heads up. `Ive been shaking it just about every day and it seems like it formed back up, but not to the cream texture yet

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name="Jose Huerta" post="1436502" timestamp="1398555944"]
    Thanks for the heads up. Ive been shaking it just about every day and it seems like it formed back up, but not to the cream texture yet[/quote]
    I finally got around to using HD Adapt and orange pads with my PC this weekend. Good news is the finish looks great bad news is I went to apply Poxy and it was like the consistency of runny oatmeal. I went ahead and used it because thats all I had. But going to call the Miami store Monday and get another bottle. My bottle was almost two years old and I kept it in the house. I used about 75% of it so it was about done anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky2

I finally got around to using HD Adapt and orange pads with my PC this weekend. Good news is the finish looks great bad news is I went to apply Poxy and it was like the consistency of runny oatmeal. I went ahead and used it because thats all I had. But going to call the Miami store Monday and get another bottle. My bottle was almost two years old and I kept it in the house. I used about 75% of it so it was about done anyway.

Nice how was Adapt? `I haven`t tried it yet. `Need to order a bottle asap! `My poxy was exactly the same way, but mine was a little over a year old. `I`ll probably head down to my local 3D store and purchase some more. `

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Huerta

Nice how was Adapt? I haven`t tried it yet. Need to order a bottle asap! My poxy was exactly the same way, but mine was a little over a year old. I`ll probably head down to my local 3D store and purchase some more.

I liked adapt it seemed to correct faster than HD Polish and didnt dust. Seems like with the PC it does not do much correction until I used orange pads and Adapt. I tried HD Polish with green pads and it didnt do much. I have a feeling if I had a Flex or better polisher I could use less aggressive pads and products and get similar results.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked adapt it seemed to correct faster than HD Polish and didnt dust. Seems like with the PC it does not do much correction until I used orange pads and Adapt. I tried HD Polish with green pads and it didnt do much. I have a feeling if I had a Flex or better polisher I could use less aggressive pads and products and get similar results.

Which polisher do you have? `Have you tried adapt with a microfiber cutting pad? `I heard it works wonders!! `I`ve always wanted to try a flex!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Huerta

Which polisher do you have? Have you tried adapt with a microfiber cutting pad? I heard it works wonders!! I`ve always wanted to try a flex!

I have a Porter Cable polisher. I have never tried the microfiber pads. It does seem like if you really wanted to do some heavy correction that would be the way to go. But you still would probably need to polish with a foam pad after. The swirls that where on my car would have been considered moderate. And the paint on my Mustang seems fairly hard. Just from watching videos online I have seen a lot worse paint corrected faster and using less aggressive products with better polishers.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3

Post Thanks / Like

Stronger polisher will definitely help. Shake your poxy like crazy and you should hear it form like a big solid.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Porter Cable polisher. I have never tried the microfiber pads. It does seem like if you really wanted to do some heavy correction that would be the way to go. But you still would probably need to polish with a foam pad after. The swirls that where on my car would have been considered moderate. And the paint on my Mustang seems fairly hard. Just from watching videos online I have seen a lot worse paint corrected faster and using less aggressive products with better polishers.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3

Right on. `I have the griots. `The rupes looks promising but too expensive for me! `i see. `Do you have any pics of adapt in use? `

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvaBimma

Stronger polisher will definitely help. Shake your poxy like crazy and you should hear it form like a big solid.

Thanks for the reply. `I am definitely doing that haha thanks. `I have been wanting to try HD Express as well.

Thread Information