Thread: HD Metal Review

Post Thanks / Like

Test subject: Brand new Ford Racing Touring Axle Backs for 2010 GT500

`

Machine: PC

Pads: LC CCS White Polish 4 inch

Towels: Costco Yellow

`

Impressions of HD Metal: The consistency was very liquidy, not like your typical metal paste polish and I did shake the bottle very well. Very little goes a long way, felt more like a chemical polish cleaner then an abrasive metal polish. Now I must note when my HD products were delivered they froze outside on my door step, so I am not sure if this had any affect on the products performance. I did however immediately bring them inside and warm them up and shake very well.

`

As they arrived:

`

50/50

`

`

All done:

`

`

On a whim I tried HD Adapt on the with a LC Hydro Tech Blue Cutting pad, look at the difference!

`

`

Now I did not try the HD Metal with a cutting pad, only a polishing pad. Overall I thought HD Metal did a great job, but Adapt took it to another level.

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for adding your thoughts on this and taking the time to document with the pictures!

`

Very curious about this new product and wanting to see if Mr. Fermani or other`s who have used the product can add some comments regarding the viscosity of the product since yours unfortunately froze.

`

Looks like it cleaned very well... but your method with Adapt is pretty darn appreciable also, if not more so.

`

BTW- Nice mufflers, complete with hangers nonetheless! `Do you know who the contractee is that produces these for ford?
    Former Pro, Now Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger

Thank you for adding your thoughts on this and taking the time to document with the pictures!

`

Very curious about this new product and wanting to see if Mr. Fermani or other`s who have used the product can add some comments regarding the viscosity of the product since yours unfortunately froze.

`

Looks like it cleaned very well... but your method with Adapt is pretty darn appreciable also, if not more so.

`

BTW- Nice mufflers, complete with hangers nonetheless! `Do you know who the contractee is that produces these for ford?

`

Borla makes them for Ford Racing.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks incredible! Great job! You`re gonna have the shiniest exhaust on the road come spring time. HD Metal has a very thin consistency. Almost water like, but has a pretty long work time. From these results it doesn`t look like the low temps affected anything.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Adapt looks like it did a great job and I`m not surprised. I use regular car polishes for all of my metal polishing and they do a great job.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to revisit this project and wet sand the SS mufflers and pipes with 500,1000,1500 and 2000 paper ande then hit them with Adapt and Metal.

Post Thanks / Like

Polishing exhaust tips are a pain! I have them on the wife`s car, daughters` and mine and I have tried a bunch of polishes in the past. But, I was really impressed with the HD Metal; I agree that it`s like more of a chemical cleaner - kinda like KAIO - and it sure works. I`m using up my old products like White Diamond, Mother`s, and whatever else is on the shelf. It`s good to have 1 product that works great. I guess I`m the opposite of accumulating, I am always looking to keep products limited to 1-2 per specific use.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Thread Information