Post Thanks / Like

I am from India and currently use compound/polishes/sealants from Meguiar`s, Optimum, Menzerna and Scholl. As part of my journey to explore various products, I want to try the HD line of products. I have a friend travelling from the states to India in a week so he will carry 2-3 products for me.

`

I would like to know a few things and get recommendations on what to try from the HD line. I work with a Dewalt Rotary and LC HT pads on all sorts of paints.
    <ul>[*]`Are HD compounds/polishes Diminishing abrasives or SMAT (Like Meg`s and OPT)[*]How are these different from Meg`s/OPT/Menzerna/Scholl? For example, I know Menzerna polishes have a much longer working time compared to Scholl and I like that.[*]What is HD equivalent of M105/M205- HD Cut and HD Polish? Where does HD Uno and HD Adapt fit in?[*]Is HD Poxy the only sealant or are there are other waxes/sealants in the range? My favorite LSP is Duragloss 105 after trying a lot of brands and I am hoping something from HD can come close in terms of looks.[*]Any other HD product recommendations, suggestions would be highly appreciated[/list]

Post Thanks / Like
    Hang in there, once David or some of the others log on they will respond to you.

Great wealth of information here.

Post Thanks / Like
    For your 5 questions, quick answers are:

1. SMAT

2. Much longer work time and less dust

3. Cut and Polish

4. Poxy and Nitro Seal. NS can last up to 2 yrs and is the glossiest LSP I`ve ever used.

5. There are several new products that I`ve not tried but have been getting great reviews.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti

For your 5 questions, quick answers are:

1. SMAT

2. Much longer work time and less dust

3. Cut and Polish

4. Poxy and Nitro Seal. NS can last up to 2 yrs and is the glossiest LSP I`ve ever used.

5. There are several new products that I`ve not tried but have been getting great reviews.

`

`

I agree with what Alfisti has mentioned.

`

In addition, Nitro Seal is an incredible sealant. Long lasting gloss. Here`s a thread I did where all the cars were treated with Nitro Seal:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/topic/1...b/?hl=favorite

`

Adapt is also a great polish to add. It`s designed for a 1 step application and produces excellent gloss with very nice correction abilities.`

`

Other honorable mentions would be HD Total, HD Touch & HD Protect. Oh, and depending on how much metal work you do.......HD Metal is fabulous.`

`

If there`s a specific *type* of product you`re after let us/me know and I`ll give you more feedback.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information