Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys/girls,

`

I own a small detailing business in Melbourne, Australia and in the last few months I`ve really gotten into the HD range. I used to mostly use Scholl and Rupes and before that Menzerna, Meguiar`s and Poorboy`s. All I can say is that the HD range is now on the top shelf and they are my go-to products.

`

Here are a few results that I`ve been able to achieve with HD Cut with the HD black lambswool pad on my Bigfoot. The level of correction is fantastic and the results afterwards are superb for such a heavy correction. Keep up the great work guys!!!

`

`

`

`

`

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is some amazing cut. Looks ALMOST LSP ready. A quick finishing polish would clean the rest up.`
    Xclusive Autoworks Inc.
    Long Island`s Paint Correction Detailing
    Opti-Coat Pro Certified & Cquartz Finest Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Great results... But my real question is how did they let the paint get that bad :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WillWashesCars

Wow that is some amazing cut. Looks ALMOST LSP ready. A quick finishing polish would clean the rest up.`

`

Thanks Will, the car in the top picture was refined with some Meg`s UC on a finishing pad and then hit with HD Poxy.

`

It went from this;

`

`

`

To this;

`

`

`
    Quote Originally Posted by brownbob06

Great results... But my real question is how did they let the paint get that bad :/

`

Thanks Bob. Neither car belonged to car lovers, they were just seen as transport from A to B.

The car in the bottom two photos came to me as a pre-sale detail. The owners thought they would get around $6K for it. The car had major hail damage, massive clear coat failure on the rear tailgate, hits and either scratches or clear coat failure on every other panel and the front and rear bars both needed respraying. I told them to forget selling it, the car was maybe worth $1k if they were lucky so in the end they had the car assessed by their insurance company for the hail damage and it was written off. They had this car since new and basically it was worth more as parts after they had finished with it.

`

Certainly not car people..

Post Thanks / Like
    San,

Great work. Those before/after shots are awesome. Shame those poor cars were in the condition they were in but what satisfaction you must feel.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Heavens that`s impressive!` Guess`I need to try a more aggressive pad next time I use Cut.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4

San,

Great work. Those before/after shots are awesome. Shame those poor cars were in the condition they were in but what satisfaction you must feel.

`

`
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

Good Heavens that`s impressive!` Guess`I need to try a more aggressive pad next time I use Cut.

`

`

Thank you for the comments guys. Without using the HD Cut both of those jobs would have taken me much longer to complete and the results probably wouldn`t have been as good. The HD Cut is a really impressive compound.

`

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

HD CUT + Turkish Lambswool + Rupes = Killer Combo that slays defects!!!!

`

Great work!!!!!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

HD CUT + Turkish Lambswool + Rupes = Killer Combo that slays defects!!!!

`

Great work!!!!!

`

`

David, I tried this combo... but with a traditional D/A. `I couldn`t get it to work for me.`

`

Dust was going everywhere... where as Cut, for me, on MF/ foam dusts very, very little.

`

Right now I`m using a lot of M100 with wool (and like it) but I`m not giving up on Cut since you mentioned the combo specifically.
    Former Pro, Now Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger

David, I tried this combo... but with a traditional D/A. I couldn`t get it to work for me.

Dust was going everywhere... where as Cut, for me, on MF/ foam dusts very, very little.

Right now I`m using a lot of M100 with wool (and like it) but I`m not giving up on Cut since you mentioned the combo specifically.

All of the work from above was done with two small pea sized drops of HD Cut on the wool pad and my Bigfoot was on speed 3. I use the abrasive isolation method and had very little dust at all.

All I did was one vertical pass and then a horizontal pass and wiped off any remaining residue.

Job done.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Dellinger- Refresh my memory if you will....what model DA are you using?` IF it`s the original PC then that`s the problem unless you`re using 3-4" pads, and even then it`s sure not optimal (to put it mildly).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanmer Detailing

All of the work from above was done with two small pea sized drops of HD Cut on the wool pad and my Bigfoot was on speed 3. I use the abrasive isolation method and had very little dust at all.

All I did was one vertical pass and then a horizontal pass and wiped off any remaining residue.

Job done.

`

Steve, thanks for the info! `

`
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

Dellinger- Refresh my memory if you will....what model DA are you using?` IF it`s the original PC then that`s the problem unless you`re using 3-4" pads, and even then it`s sure not optimal (to put it mildly).

`

Accumulator- my D/A is an HD unit.

`

I`think`my problem stems from the initial pass with the wool and Cut... initial as in- raw pad with product just added, the combo not yet employed on a panel.

`

For comparison sake... M100 and wool, for me, on the initial raw pass doesn`t dust at all. `The dusting will start eventually but as long as I don`t overwork it, it`s nomial.

`

Wool & Cut, for me, would dust right out of the gate, I`m talking after moving the machine 6". `Now this could be due to environmental factors or I`m using too much product (was priming with 5 pea sized dots... the same I would with MF or foam.) `Steve`s experiences show me the latter could be the big culprit.

`

I`ll just have to play with it more.

`

-Gabe
    Former Pro, Now Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are some great results Sanmer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger

Steve, thanks for the info!

Accumulator- my D/A is an HD unit.

I <em class=`bbc`>think [/i]my problem stems from the initial pass with the wool and Cut... initial as in- raw pad with product just added, the combo not yet employed on a panel.

For comparison sake... M100 and wool, for me, on the initial raw pass doesn`t dust at all. The dusting will start eventually but as long as I don`t overwork it, it`s nomial.

Wool & Cut, for me, would dust right out of the gate, I`m talking after moving the machine 6". Now this could be due to environmental factors or I`m using too much product (was priming with 5 pea sized dots... the same I would with MF or foam.) Steve`s experiences show me the latter could be the big culprit.

I`ll just have to play with it more.

-Gabe

Yeah, that sounds like too much product and possibly a dry pad. Do you spritz the pad with water before you start? I always do and that probably helps a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Catch-22

Those are some great results Sanmer.

Thanks mate, really appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information