Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanmer Detailing

Yeah, that sounds like too much product and possibly a dry pad. Do you spritz the pad with water before you start? I always do and that probably helps a bit.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

`

Steve, no, I haven`t been spritzing the pad... have you tried a detail spray instead of water? `Next time, I`ll try your technique and less product.

`

Thank you,

-Gabe
    Former Pro, Now Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger

David, I tried this combo... but with a traditional D/A. `I couldn`t get it to work for me.`

`

Dust was going everywhere... where as Cut, for me, on MF/ foam dusts very, very little.

`

Right now I`m using a lot of M100 with wool (and like it) but I`m not giving up on Cut since you mentioned the combo specifically.

`

If it dusted, you were using too much "CUT". Remember the cooler the pad runs, the less polish you need. On the other hand, wool will dust in general. That is the penalty for fast correction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger

Steve, no, I haven`t been spritzing the pad... have you tried a detail spray instead of water? Next time, I`ll try your technique and less product.

Thank you,

-Gabe

I used to spritz with quick detailer but Daniel from Woody Wax (Detail Central) told me that water would be better. In fact he told me when a few of us got together for a catch up at my workshop on the same day that the car in my first picture arrived.

Daniel has awesome product knowledge and he is an expert with the HD range so from that moment on I`ve only spritzed with water.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">If it dusted, you were using too much "CUT". Remember the cooler the pad runs, the less polish you need. On the other hand, wool will dust in general. That is the penalty for fast correction.

`
    </blockquote>

`

Thomas, your explanation makes perfect sense... sometimes "I can`t see the forest for the trees...."

`
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">I used to spritz with quick detailer but Daniel from Woody Wax (Detail Central) told me that water would be better. In fact he told me when a few of us got together for a catch up at my workshop on the same day that the car in my first picture arrived.

`
    </blockquote>

`

Thanks again Steve for your insights!
    Former Pro, Now Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    I would never had chosen water over QD.

Great info. Curious why water works better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWallacesWashAndWax

I would never had chosen water over QD.

Great info. Curious why water works better.

No clue to be honest mate, I always used QD as well until Daniel (Woody Wax) told me to spritz the pad with water.

Daniel has over 20 years of detailing experience so if he offers me tips like that then I will treat them like gold nuggets.

Who knows, I might even have a go at detailing on my head one day if Daniel tells me that its better.... lol

That`s the level of trust that I have in him.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used water with various compounds, never tried it with HD Cut though.` And we oughta add a "don`t try this at home, kids!" disclaimer as somebody always reads this stuff and [messes] up their paint trying to, uhm...operate above their pay grade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

And we oughta add a "don`t try this at home, kids!" disclaimer as somebody always reads this stuff and [messes] up their paint trying to, uhm...operate above their pay grade.

`

Hahahaha, so we shouldn`t say "You can trust me, I`m from the internet"?

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly!` I`ve lost count of the folks who thought wetsanding looked so easy in those online videos....

Post Thanks / Like

Right about that. So many people take what is written in forums to heart and feel that they`re a pro in the making thinking they can do this stuff because so many make it look easy.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

There are lots of people who, being experts in their field, think that automatically makes them an expert in *any* field, especially something as "simple" as detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Liked^^^ Ain`t that the truth!`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information