Post Thanks / Like

Hey all-

`

So I`ve used HD Cut, Polish and Poxy on three different cars, the first three corrections I`ve performed. `From what I`ve seen, I`ve been very happy with the results! `However, I have noticed some dusting, especially with polish. `From what I`ve read, I`m prob using too much product or not cleaning my foam pads frequently enough, or both. `

`

I only have two of each density pads at this point. `I`ve been priming pads with 6-7 pea sized drops, then 4-5 pea sized drops per 2 x 4 section. `After every other 2 x 4 section I`ve been using a foam pad brush on the pads. `Eventually the pad looks caked. `At that point I clean it with dawn power wash and water, spin dry and then air dry while using the other foam pad of equal density.

`

What do you guys think? `Do I need more pads, or using too much product? `Not changing pads frequently enough?

Thanks In Advance,

`

TD

Post Thanks / Like

Way too much product. Also, when it is humid, it can act up as well.

Post Thanks / Like

First off welcome to Autopia!!

`

I haven`t experienced dusting with HD Polish by following Thomas` guidelines.` Only using 4 pea sized drops to prime`and 2-3 pea sized drops for each section after that, but I keep my sections small at 2`X2` or less and clean the pads with a denture brush (from the dollar store) and a MF towel.`` I`ve also found I need at least 4 pads per step--alternating between 2 pads (to allow for cooling) for half the car then 2 pads for the remainder of the car.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like
    Waaaaaay too much polish. Halve the amount and just wipe your pad clean with a MF after every panel. I`ve *never* had dusting and that`s without being careful. Polish is very forgiving.

Post Thanks / Like

HD Polish will definitely cake up your pads much faster than say M205.

`

My experience is that you will need more pads and work in smaller area. 2x2 is normal.

`

Also, you only need to do 2-4 section passes depending upon the correction and paint system your working on. I start with 4 quarter size drops work my area then 3 pea size drops after that.

`

The key is to keep the product wet, so not working it too long and switching pads once the pad become too caked up.

Thread Information