Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Well thanks to an amazing Thanksgiving sale I`m sitting on the whole new HD Lineup, minus Metal(already had a whole bottle of Optimum Metal Polish).

`

Some of the bottles were almost frozen due to the ice storm but from what I can tell so far, the products smell and look amazing.

`

Going to post some reviews once I get a chance to dry them out, which might be a bit since I`m still mostly frozen indoors.

`

`

Anyone else tried anything from the new HD lineup yet? What are your thoughts?

`

`
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice purchase Mark! I`m excited to get your and everyone else`s feedback with the new HD line. If there is anything you have questions or comments on, please do not hesitate to reach out.`

`

`

Try this: Take some (a couple drops) of HD Protect and and apply it to your hands like you would a hand lotion/cream. Rub it in and you`ll notice that there is barely any residue left on your skin. This product is actually cosmetic grade and I`ve actually been using it almost daily on my hands. It really works great on leather as well.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice purchase.

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, is there a concentrate for Total? I would like to switch to it but if there is no concentrate I could see it getting expensive.

`

Secondly, HD needs to produce a Rinse less wash. It`s time!

`

Is Wash going to be released in gallons? And Protect? Gallons are the only way to go for a pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Instructions from HD`s website...

`

"<span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Follow dilution ratio recommendations as follows: **Heavy Cleaning (engines/wheels): 2 parts water to 1 part HD TOTAL **General Cleaning (interior vinyl/ plastic/fabric/bugs): 5 parts water to 1 part HD TOTAL **Delicate Cleaning (leather): Dilute 10 parts water to 1 part HD TOTAL On heavier tasks such as wheels, tires & engine compartments, allow HD TOTAL to dwell for 1-2 minutes, lightly agitate with your choice of brush, towel or sponge and easily rinse clean. Test color fastness on an inconspicuous area prior to use. Do not use on Aniline leather or suede. Avoid spraying product directly onto delicate surfaces. Spray onto towel or cleaning instrument then work the surface."
    Former Pro, Now Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger

Instructions from HD`s website...

`

"<span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Follow dilution ratio recommendations as follows: **Heavy Cleaning (engines/wheels): 2 parts water to 1 part HD TOTAL **General Cleaning (interior vinyl/ plastic/fabric/bugs): 5 parts water to 1 part HD TOTAL **Delicate Cleaning (leather): Dilute 10 parts water to 1 part HD TOTAL On heavier tasks such as wheels, tires & engine compartments, allow HD TOTAL to dwell for 1-2 minutes, lightly agitate with your choice of brush, towel or sponge and easily rinse clean. Test color fastness on an inconspicuous area prior to use. Do not use on Aniline leather or suede. Avoid spraying product directly onto delicate surfaces. Spray onto towel or cleaning instrument then work the surface."

`

`

My mistake!! I meant to ask about Touch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IHA Mark

`

Secondly, HD needs to produce a Rinse less wash. It`s time!

`

Is Wash going to be released in gallons? And Protect? Gallons are the only way to go for a pro.

`

Mark - HD Touch can be used as a Rinseless wash. Just play with the dilution a little to find your sweet spot. I have been using it 2-3 oz per gallon of water (or more depending). I still like doing a hybrid wash where I pre-soak the panel 1st, but that is up to you.`

`

Gallons of other products are on the horizon, but not sure when. I think they are gauging demand to see how it will pan out. Remember, this is a retail/high end line which is totally different then the 3D line. The intended customer base is quite different and not usually the gallon buying crowd. But, we will play things by ear and I will report this request back to them.`

Post Thanks / Like

David,`

`

Your note regarding HD Touch is interesting and informative. `I`really liked the product when I was using the sample I received in a large purchase earlier in the year from 3D. `Since there were no indications of dilution on the bottle, nor on HD`s website, I simply passed it over when looking for a product in bulk of Touch`s type. `

`

I`ll have to reconsider it since it is seemingly working for you at the 2-3 ounce recommendation for a rinseless/ waterless wash.

`

And I hate to take the discussion `off-track` but "how different" are the HD products when compared to the 3D line (redundant products that is...APC/ Total, `Trim Care Protectant/ HD Dress, etc...) `Broad question, I know, but if you have any insights... thanks! `(I`m assuming lack of VOC, certain polymers, etc...)

`

-Gabe

Post Thanks / Like

How about as a waterless, can TOUCH be diluted, or is it meant to be used as-is for waterless wash?

`

Im currently on the UWW, but want to switch to TOUCH as soon as I am out, but the economics of as-is is pretty terrible. Since I am now absolutely ADDICTED to EXPRESS, I would like to just use one brand for all my paint needs(poly-express-touch).

`

Seriously, topping poly or nitro with express is just liquid gold. I have never seen anything like it!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick update, did an interior on a Corolla today and got to use a couple of the new products.

`

Dress went on very smoothly following steam cleaning and after drying gave a beautiful satin look that was just dark enough to not look "slick" while still adding richness. Was completely dry to the touch upon drying. I kind of wish the product was a little bit thinner in consistency but other than that I was really impressed.

`

Glass... wow. Just when I thought good glass cleaner was good glass cleaner, I used Glass. I used the two towel method per instructions on windows with a heavy layer of film covering them. I got 90% of everything with the first towel and the second towel easily cleaned up everything else. Usually with glass this dirty I would have had to do these windows twice with the two towel method. Very impressive product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, would you compare the look of HD Dress to anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkeroo26

Mark, would you compare the look of HD Dress to anything?

`

I guess the closest look would have to be 303, but without the "slick" look, if that makes sense. Satin is the word` that most describes it.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, thanks for updating your post.

`

How are Total and Express? `(Express vs. Touch as a final wipe?)

`

Interesting on the Glass... can you compare it to Megs. Glass Cleaner (Detailer Line)

`

Thanks!

-Gabe

Post Thanks / Like

`

And I hate to take the discussion `off-track` but "how different" are the HD products when compared to the 3D line (redundant products that is...APC/ Total, `Trim Care Protectant/ HD Dress, etc...) `Broad question, I know, but if you have any insights... thanks! `(I`m assuming lack of VOC, certain polymers, etc...)

`

`

Great question! There really isn`t a product in the HD line that has an equal partner in the 3D line up in many ways. HD is a line of products that were designed by high end detailers for high end detailers. I personally gave Tunch a set of recommendations/characteristics and he went to great lengths to fill them. It`s really also like a continuation of the 3D line to higher parameters. We did our best to reduce redundancy with this line and follow the Detailing Made Simple`methodology.`

`

`
    Quote Originally Posted by faceglide

How about as a waterless, can TOUCH be diluted, or is it meant to be used as-is for waterless wash?

`

Im currently on the UWW, but want to switch to TOUCH as soon as I am out, but the economics of as-is is pretty terrible. Since I am now absolutely ADDICTED to EXPRESS, I would like to just use one brand for all my paint needs(poly-express-touch).

`

Seriously, topping poly or nitro with express is just liquid gold. I have never seen anything like it!

`

That really depends in a Waterless scenario, but I personally wouldn`t. I do feel it can be diluted when being used as a QD or Clay Lube though.

`

Express is a really nice product and was actually designed to be topped over Poxy/Nitro Seal and has compatible components to do so as well.`

`

`

`

`

How are Total and Express? `(Express vs. Touch as a final wipe?)

`

`

`

Keep in mind that Touch is a QD/Waterless wash and Express is thicker and is a spray wax/gloss booster.`

Post Thanks / Like

David, many thanks for your comments! `Very good insights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information