Post Thanks / Like
    I notice the directions say once you open the bottle you need to use all of the product in the next 6 months. What happens after 6 months? Is it really bad to use it?

Post Thanks / Like
    It would help to know what product you are referring to.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it would, sorry. I was referring to HD Nitro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I can tell you from experience. I tossed mine in a zip lock bag and put it in the closet in my house three months ago. I recently detailed my wife`s car and topped it off with some HD Nitro. The product seemed a lot harder to remove this time and was streaky. I only let it set for a hour before buffing it off. I then put the car in the garage for about three days and washed it. And it removed most of streaky-ness, but it was not looking right until the second wash. I should have also put my Nitro Seal in the refrigerator, but I thought a zip lock in a climate controlled house would be good enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    HD officially isn`t going to instruct anyone to put NS in your refrigerator to avoid legal issues in case someone ingests it, but as long as you make sure the caps are tight (put some tape around them too), put them in an air tight baggie and in a cool place out of the sun you should be fine using it even a year later. I brought home a bunch of opened up containers of NS from last year`s SEMA and they are still performing just like when they were fresh. I can`t stress to people enough that you need to apply the product super thin to avoid any trouble with removal. Too think and it affects the bonding/linking of the product to each other while it`s on the surface. Usually, the only thing that is needed is a damp towel to remove the streaks. Others have had great luck applying a super thin layer of POXY over it to remove it. In extreme cases, a simple wash is all that is needed.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information