Post Thanks / Like
    I call this "just a quick reminder" because it`s not a full review, just a nice picture showing what HD Speed can do. This is a 98 or 99 I believ Bonneville I did today. The owner wanted "just a buff." So I hit it with HD Speed on a Meg`s MF cutting pad with my GG 6" on speed 5.

Im mainly putting it up because I know there are some people out there wondering what kind of correction they can expect from an AIO like Speed.

Not a 100% correction, but it wasnt meant to be. This car will be going to my cousin in about a week when she gets her license. 100% correction for a 16 year olds first car with around 200k on the clock probably wouldnt be worth the time or money lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    thats great!how is it on an orange pad? or black? seeing how soemthing pretty tore up needs MF or which foam? Very nice to see it though!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a 2000+ Bonneville SE... Yea... I am a nut for these cars LOL I have two of them with 250,000 miles on them and I would drive them anywhere right now!

The work looks great, I actually just had my first experience with HD Speed myself on my `03 Bonneville SSEi with, as stated, 250,000 miles and I was very impressed. My paint wasn`t nearly as bad as that started off though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beamerstrumpet
    thats great!how is it on an orange pad? or black? seeing how soemthing pretty tore up needs MF or which foam? Very nice to see it though!

For really heavy jobs I tend to use UNO on a yellow pad followed by Speed on an orange pad, it comes out great and you can tell quite a difference even with an orange pad. I can`t really attest to how they work on a black pad. I would imagine you`re not going to get much correction out of it since the black pad is so soft and is a pad meant for waxes.

That being said, I would have used MF on this regardless of the condition. I found out soon after I bought my MF pads that the people who said "You won`t go back to using your foam pads after you get MF pads" were 100% right. I rarely, if ever, reach for my MF pads. I get more correction, cooler paint and a better finish with a MF cutting disc than I do with a yellow foam pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RToth
    That is a 2000+ Bonneville SE... Yea... I am a nut for these cars LOL I have two of them with 250,000 miles on them and I would drive them anywhere right now!

The work looks great, I actually just had my first experience with HD Speed myself on my `03 Bonneville SSEi with, as stated, 250,000 miles and I was very impressed. My paint wasn`t nearly as bad as that started off though!

You`re right. I was wondering about that myself. I was told it was 98-99 but I could have sworn they didn`t switch to that body style until 2000 then had another slight variation a little bit later.

I also love these cars, particularly these engines. I miss my GTP! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    The SE remained basically unchanged through the end of the Bonneville in `05, the biggest change was the `04 / `05 GXP getting the Northstar V8 and carbon fiber look interior bits as well as a smoother sportier looking exterior but still the same as all the others except bumper covers and the side cladding being smoothed o7t.

I need to get some pics up of mine I just did last weekend, still looks great just too bad GM did a crap paint job right from the factory.... paint so thin you can see the primer underneath, and it is not a repaint

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RToth
    The SE remained basically unchanged through the end of the Bonneville in `05, the biggest change was the `04 / `05 GXP getting the Northstar V8 and carbon fiber look interior bits as well as a smoother sportier looking exterior but still the same as all the others except bumper covers and the side cladding being smoothed o7t.

I need to get some pics up of mine I just did last weekend, still looks great just too bad GM did a crap paint job right from the factory.... paint so thin you can see the primer underneath, and it is not a repaint

iirc the SSEi and/or GXP also got sportier headlights correct? I remember those headlights distinctly for some reason, gave it a much sportier look along with the rest of the minor changes they made.

edit: after looking at some pics online it appears the headlights changed very little actually. Must just be the smoothed out bumper and body that gives it a more aggressive look lol. Still love the look of the GXP Bonnies though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea the 04 and 05 GXP as well as 05 SLE got headlights with a tinted appearance to them as well as nicer looking tail lights, they are all swappable though. Be prepared for a ton of random problems these cars are plagued with, since it will be staying in the family, take a look at this link, will save a lot of troubles with the car - 2000+ Common Problems & Solutions (updated 5.11.11) : 2000-2005 (other than GXP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Meh, dad`s a mechanic and this is his brother that has the car. the 3800 is insanely reliable that`s why a lot of my family sticks with it. He is going to change the wheel bearrings and a motor mount yet and then he should be good to go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! That`s some impressive results for a 1 step with protection.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information