I was the given the opportunity to try HD Nitro Seal and review it. Nitro Seal is a revolutionary two part copolymer paint sealant that is suppose to look great and outlast most other LSPs. Protection is suppose to last up to 1 year based on typical car usage.

I use my personal vehicles for a test bed for most products so I figured I would use the hood of my 350z. It is a nice deep blue with lots of metallic so it showed the looks of the coating quite well.

This is how Nitro Seal arrived. Boxed very nicely

Contents of the package. Come with everything needed to apply and remove the sealant. Mf towel could be nicer but surprised it actually came with one. 2-part coating comes in metal cans that are filled with nitrogen. Gotta be careful as these are easy to spill after opening.

After washing, the hood was gone over with HD polish(Great finishing polish!!) via rupes 21 and lc black finishing pad. I then did a IPA wipe down just to

make sure the hood was completely clean for the coating to bond. Hood is almost 100% defect/swirl free other then a few chips and

deeper scratches not worth going after.

Kit even came with gloves

Part A of the two part coating. This part has a very oily liquid like consistency.

It was very easy to apply. Hard to capture but after applying you do see some high spots and streaks. Instructions say this is perfectly fine and will

go away with the additional steps.

Part B is much thicker and for me a little harder to apply. Both parts go along way so only a few drops on the applicators are needed for most panels.

Both part A and B on hood curing. Gave it 30 mins to cure per instructions.

Coating buffed off using supplied MF. Little harder to buff off then expected. Could be I used to much product along with heat.

They say that the looks get even better after some time curing. These pics are after a full 4 days and a wash. I agree with what they say, the looks got even better!

Close up

First off I would like to thank HD for letting me try this coating.

Thoughts:

Product

- Great packaging and great instructions.

- Seems to be good value as you can probably do at least 2 vehicles with the supplied contents.

- MF towel is not of high quality. It is an ok towel but I would have used something better if I had been working on softer

paint.

- While the containers of the coating are cool, you must be careful not to spill or overuse.

Application

-While this coating is a little more complicated(2-part) then the other coatings I have tried, it is still very easy to use.

I think anyone with a little detailing knowledge would be fine with the application.

-I think I put it on a little to thick and it might have been a little warm. The coating was a little harder removing then I am used to, to

to. Again, it was not terrible, just harder then the waxes and sealants I normally use.

Looks

- Great reflective deep gloss. Deeper shine then a normal sealant in my eyes. Very impressed with the look for a coating that should last a very long time.

I am going to leave this on the hood and see how long it lasts. This car is my every day driver and sits outside 24/7 so it will be interesting to see the longevity of the coating.

Overall I think this is a great product and will use it again in the future.