Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    If the label claims little to no dusting, and that is what most experience (minus the few new users who for some weird reason prime the pads) what else could be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by primo spaghetti
    just because someone has a different experience with a product doesnt mean they dont know what they are doing...i love when that is the simple answer.

it is only my experience, but i had dusting. ive been in the game over 20 years fwiw, so i have a little experience under my belt.

I am sorry if you took offense to my post as none was intended. I didn`t mean to imply you didn`t know what you were doing only that most others are not seeing dusting so that maybe you were doing something different. While I`ve been detailing for years I don`t have the experience with machine polishing that most of you do and perhaps that`s a blessing in disguise. When I try an HD product I don`t have other methodologies to change or overcome so I simply follow the suggestions from people like Thomas, David and others as to the best ways to use HD polishes--as a result my experiences have been excellent with the long working times, no dusting etc etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s all in the game of learning guys, everyone is different.

Can you guys suggest some pads to use with these polishes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    If the label claims little to no dusting, and that is what most experience (minus the few new users who for some weird reason prime the pads) what else could be?
    In these guy`s defense, HD Speed also claims long lasting paint protection on the label and we all know that isn`t the case. And I do really like HD Speed so I`m not just hating on the product.

I too get dusting from Cut and also it sticks to softer paints like the fiance`s old Altima. I haven`t tried it on her new Honda yet since it didn`t need anything more aggressive than Speed.

Post Thanks / Like

buying into labels claims? wow..im surprised by someone beleiving the label :deadhorse:

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    I am sorry if you took offense to my post as none was intended. I didn`t mean to imply you didn`t know what you were doing only that most others are not seeing dusting so that maybe you were doing something different. While I`ve been detailing for years I don`t have the experience with machine polishing that most of you do and perhaps that`s a blessing in disguise. When I try an HD product I don`t have other methodologies to change or overcome so I simply follow the suggestions from people like Thomas, David and others as to the best ways to use HD polishes--as a result my experiences have been excellent with the long working times, no dusting etc etc.

no offence taken, but i cant stand when someone shares a different experience they must not know what there doing...its tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisguga
    In these guy`s defense, HD Speed also claims long lasting paint protection on the label and we all know that isn`t the case. And I do really like HD Speed so I`m not just hating on the product.

I too get dusting from Cut and also it sticks to softer paints like the fiance`s old Altima. I haven`t tried it on her new Honda yet since it didn`t need anything more aggressive than Speed.

the label says its true...read it again then use it again, and maybe your experience will be different....:boink:

on a side note chrisguga, it is nice to see im not the only one who OBVIOUSLY doesnt know what there doing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you are willing to reword your reply, there is a huge difference between getting some dusting AND dusts quite a bit.

If the product is dusting A LOT it is not normal. CUT was designed to have no dust to very little dust. Having 20 years of experience doesn`t help your case either, since that may mean 20 years of bad habits. You need to use little of HD CUT, unlike the products of yesteryears. I also "helped" formulating HD CUT while working for 3D. I know the product a little.

We are all here to learn, leave the EGO at the front door. None of us are right all the time and that includes you too. 105 dusts a lot, 101 dusts a lot. HD CUT doesn`t. It can dust a little, if you prime your pads or if you use too much. Adjust your amount and you will see what the label means.

i find cut still dusts quite a bit....

Post Thanks / Like

I also "helped" formulating HD CUT while working for 3D. I know the product a little.

this is exactly why your opinion is biased and unreliable. its not about EGO as you so eloquently put it. its about honesty and that is why is it so hard for someone to post their true experience with a product and call it out on vendor/manufacturer supported detailing forum.

I retail 3d products and find them to be good, and work as described, but i have no problem being honest about a products performance in my experience.

i dont know how that means the EGO needs to be checked. experience was called out and responded to. thats all.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you talking about? My opinion is biased? Where do you get that from? You make money off it and you are calling me dishonest?

Sounds like your ego got hurt, even though I didn`t directly address you, simply replied to the OP. YOU didn`t like that maybe you were the reason. Is that not ego?

I have been using HD stuff since 2009, I think I have a little more experience than most with their polishes. Sorry if I call it the way I see it.

This is the forum where you can speak your mind. The only one. However, if it is the user, and not the product, and if I happen to see it, I will let the person know. That is all.

Now, if you are having issues with the product like dusting, and you have people purchasing it from you, how can you sell it as a no dust polish/compound and feel good about that?

And you are calling me dishonest? You better look in the mirror my friend. You should also ask 3D for help if you can`t make any of their products work instead of posting it on the forum. Because you are shooting yourself in the foot. Do you not see that? Talk with Francisco at 3D. He is a true master with the rotary, or DA. He can help you fine tune and eliminate most dusting issues.

this is exactly why your opinion is biased and unreliable. its not about EGO as you so eloquently put it. its about honesty and that is why is it so hard for someone to post their true experience with a product and call it out on vendor/manufacturer supported detailing forum.

I retail 3d products and find them to be good, and work as described, but i have no problem being honest about a products performance in my experience.

i dont know how that means the EGO needs to be checked. experience was called out and responded to. thats all.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you talking about? My opinion is biased? Where do you get that from? You make money off it and you are calling me dishonest?

Sounds like your ego got hurt, even though I didn`t directly address you, simply replied to the OP. YOU didn`t like that maybe you were the reason. Is that not ego?

I have been using HD stuff since 2009, I think I have a little more experience than most with their polishes. Sorry if I call it the way I see it.

This is the forum where you can speak your mind. The only one. However, if it is the user, and not the product, and if I happen to see it, I will let the person know. That is all.

Now, if you are having issues with the product like dusting, and you have people purchasing it from you, how can you sell it as a no dust polish/compound and feel good about that?

And you are calling me dishonest? You better look in the mirror my friend. You should also ask 3D for help if you can`t make any of their products work instead of posting it on the forum. Because you are shooting yourself in the foot. Do you not see that? Talk with Francisco at 3D. He is a true master with the rotary, or DA. He can help you fine tune and eliminate most dusting issues.

no ego hurt here my friend. and for the record, i never called you dishonest...just un biased..big difference like you pointed out between dusts quite a bit and a little dusting. lets not forget you are the one that called me out in post 10...then told someone that dusting is not an issue at all in post 12...it seems that you cant quite make up your mind whether the product dusts, whether the user doesnt know what they are doing, or whether some dusting is acceptable. the question by the OP in post 6 as to whether dusting is compared to m105 (which in my experience dusts alot [not quite a bit]) and you repsonded not at all...seriously..what is it..not at all or sometimes...make up your mind.

anyhow, this is my last post on the topic. my business plan does not include blowing smoke up a customers ***...i could care less if i sell 3d, meguiars, optimum, whatever..it doesnt matter to me. what matters to me is honesty, integrity, and customer service. the last thing i want is to deal with a customer who read on a label that doenst was not an issue at all as you siad, and they call and complain that it does dust...im about providing opinions, based on experience, and when a customer has a reasonbale expectation, they are reqrded with extreme satisfaction.

ive got no problem calling a spade a spade, and i really dont care about your opinion one way or the other, but it is really sad that you cant comprehend that the product has dusted for others (and of course NOT AT ALL in your experience) and that any variation to what you have experienced is always and foremost user error. im sure you know many things contribute to dusting including humidity, techinique, ionic charge etc....

it sounds more like your ego was brusied since you "helped" develop the product and told a consumer to "read the label" because whats on the label is true. this is by far the most ridiculous thing ive ever read. lol you must like wipe new! because of the infomercial!

its very sad...ive read many other of your posts, and you seem experienced and knowledgeable, but obviously i caught you at a bad time, insulted your "work to HELP manufacture the product" and obviously my my honest and unbiased un- "i invented this stuff" perception/experience with a product has offended you...and that was not my intention. i merely wanted to share my experience with the product, which did not co-incide with yours...no harm no foul in my book, but obviously thats not the case with you.

everyone listen to thomas dekany...he wrote the label, he invented the product and he has had experience since 1999 with the product..so therefore its true. i must be wrong and havent been able to hone my incorrect skills over the last 20 plus years... so for that i apologize.lol

piss off..honestly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok boys, chill out! It`s just auto polish, no need to get riled up.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    All you would need to do is to be open to the idea that it may be you. Seems like that is not an idea you are playing with. Obviously, if the product dusted for everyone or most, you would be hearing about it left and right. That is not the case.

I called you out because I know how the product works, under dry, humid, rain and everything in between types of conditions. Cut was, as all 3D products are designed to be dust free. Btw, I am sure you could also make even a wax to dust. I know I can.

FYI, I had nothing to do with whether the product was dusting or not. I am not a chemist, but worked with many versions to get the most cut while finishing down nice.

And for the last time, you should learn to use the product inside and out if you are selling it. After all, not using any product the right way and providing miss information is a disservice to your potential customers.

my honest and unbiased
    right - so now you are selling a line of products, where the company is dishonest about the claims they make????

You provided your experience, but that doesn`t mean that you are right (dusts a lot - your words). In this case, I guarantee you it is user error. If I over apply HD CUT, or HD POLISH, (even though 3D has done everything to spread "less is more" ) I will get dusting - if you happen to apply too much use less and the dusting will go away.

I guess you are not willing to learn. Your loss.

piss off..honestly
    - and you try using less and learn about the products you use.

no ego hurt here my friend. and for the record, i never called you dishonest...just un biased..big difference like you pointed out between dusts quite a bit and a little dusting. lets not forget you are the one that called me out in post 10...then told someone that dusting is not an issue at all in post 12...it seems that you cant quite make up your mind whether the product dusts, whether the user doesnt know what they are doing, or whether some dusting is acceptable. the question by the OP in post 6 as to whether dusting is compared to m105 (which in my experience dusts alot [not quite a bit]) and you repsonded not at all...seriously..what is it..not at all or sometimes...make up your mind.

anyhow, this is my last post on the topic. my business plan does not include blowing smoke up a customers ***...i could care less if i sell 3d, meguiars, optimum, whatever..it doesnt matter to me. what matters to me is honesty, integrity, and customer service. the last thing i want is to deal with a customer who read on a label that doenst was not an issue at all as you siad, and they call and complain that it does dust...im about providing opinions, based on experience, and when a customer has a reasonbale expectation, they are reqrded with extreme satisfaction.

ive got no problem calling a spade a spade, and i really dont care about your opinion one way or the other, but it is really sad that you cant comprehend that the product has dusted for others (and of course NOT AT ALL in your experience) and that any variation to what you have experienced is always and foremost user error. im sure you know many things contribute to dusting including humidity, techinique, ionic charge etc....

it sounds more like your ego was brusied since you "helped" develop the product and told a consumer to "read the label" because whats on the label is true. this is by far the most ridiculous thing ive ever read. lol you must like wipe new! because of the infomercial!

its very sad...ive read many other of your posts, and you seem experienced and knowledgeable, but obviously i caught you at a bad time, insulted your "work to HELP manufacture the product" and obviously my my honest and unbiased un- "i invented this stuff" perception/experience with a product has offended you...and that was not my intention. i merely wanted to share my experience with the product, which did not co-incide with yours...no harm no foul in my book, but obviously thats not the case with you.

everyone listen to thomas dekany...he wrote the label, he invented the product and he has had experience since 1999 with the product..so therefore its true. i must be wrong and havent been able to hone my incorrect skills over the last 20 plus years... so for that i apologize.lol

piss off..honestly...

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW. Somethings never change.

Sorry Thomas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, someone Thomas dislikes more than me. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Well well well wasnt that interesting? {in my best church chat lady voice}

and here it all started out as a guy who was interested in becoming a authorized dealer and what pads to use. Which, BTW never got asnwered. THis I would like to know myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.. We are way off topic gentlemen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information