Post Thanks / Like
    This was in participation of 3D`s review program ongoing.

Setup and Step-by-Step

Began by just a quick waterless wash with UWW and claying with Nanoskin fine grade towel

Here is an example of some of the scratches found on this vehicle

And the products (Optimum Hyper Polish and HD Polish both on Optimum MF Pads)

Cars all taped up!

Not much of a gloss difference

After using both here is my consensus

They have both have a similar level of cut but their application and dusting is what differed. In my opinion Optimum Hyper Polish is fantastic regarding dusting as there is absolutely none but to me I am not a fan of spray application after using it. I find that when spraying it it either sprays everywhere beyond the pad or comes out in a stream and doesn`t evenly coat the pad. I`ve tried adjusting the spray nozzle but I can`t seem to find that sweet spot, so right now when I spray the pad I do it over an empty box or in a garbage can. Now as for HD Polish it`s just the same as any other polish, easy to figure out how much, priming the pad, etc... As for dusting there was minor dusting, nothing absolutely crazy but as compared to Optimum Hyper Polish this was a negative. One thing I did like quite a bit about HD Polish is that wipe-off is extremely easy it`s nowhere near as oily as other polishes and just a simple wipe and buff leaves the surface clean and bare.

See:

Overall I do like having HD Polish in the arsenal and it has it`s pros and cons as compared to Optimum Hyper Polish but as for now until I try it on foam pads it sits slightly below it due to the dusting.

Thanks for reading post up any questions or tips!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review, thanks for posting. I have been wanting to try the Hyer Polish, but was able to get hold of HD Polish first. This was a timely comparison. I tried HD Polish for the first time this weekend and really liked it. Great results, easy to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually i was just going to post something like this. Today I did a dark blue Silverado but I used the Optimum Polish11 not the spray.

Outside of the spray bottle issues you had ( I have used the spray you used and stopped due to the splatter issues ) I found the Optimum better in the heat and superior in the direct sun . Both produced equal gloss and correction for the effort.

Where the 3D polish fell behind was in the dusting which I think might have been dried product in the pad. The dust added another step to the cleanup.

I`ll use it up but it wouldn`t be my "go to". I think it would be excellent if it wasn`t for that .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Likecars
    Nice review, thanks for posting. I have been wanting to try the Hyer Polish, but was able to get hold of HD Polish first. This was a timely comparison. I tried HD Polish for the first time this weekend and really liked it. Great results, easy to work with.

Thanks! I do like Hyper Polish but I have heard replacing the sprayer helps, unfortunately for 3" pads the spray is very difficult to get right without having to rub it in by hand. Right now I just don`t feel comfortable spraying directly on the panel even though it says it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesstzn
    Actually i was just going to post something like this. Today I did a dark blue Silverado but I used the Optimum Polish11 not the spray.

Outside of the spray bottle issues you had ( I have used the spray you used and stopped due to the splatter issues ) I found the Optimum better in the heat and superior in the direct sun . Both produced equal gloss and correction for the effort.

Where the 3D polish fell behind was in the dusting which I think might have been dried product in the pad. The dust added another step to the cleanup.

I`ll use it up but it wouldn`t be my "go to". I think it would be excellent if it wasn`t for that .
    I did like it and found it much less oily than Menzerna products, specifically for wipe-off. The splatter issues now that I use an empty box is now an annoyance and i don`t think I`ll be repurchasing it, I do like it but it doesn`t blow me away like my experience with FG400 and CarPro Eraser has so far to make the spray worth it. The dusting was similar to the dusting I get from SF4000 (I may need to check my technique but this always dusts for me) except more.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you get dusting from HD Polish then it`s user error...sorry. You`re using way too much. HD Polish will NEVER dust if used correctly. Use much less, same results, no dusting, and even easier wipe-off.

Thread Information