Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D Pink Soap??

Post Thanks / Like
    How many ounces should be added to 32 ounces of water in a foam gun for pre-soaking?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t know about foam gun solution, but I put 2-3 oz. in 4 gallons of water when doing a 2 bucket wash. Sorry I couldn`t be more help. Maybe one of the 3D guys can chime in.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    at least 3 ounces works for me (shake up the canister well before using). also, 3D pink soap is every bit as good as cg`s maxi suds II if not even better, it`s also a great maintenance soap as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a really great soap! I rank it right up there with Duragloss and Griots. I just eye ball it whenever I have to add it to the 32 ox foam gun canister but I usually have a gallon`s worth premixed already. I`s say 4-5 ounces maybe, I just eyeball it really.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    It`s a really great soap! I rank it right up there with Duragloss and Griots..

Every time you post that I wonder if I oughta save myself a bundle of money by using it instead of the Griot`s :think: With all the foamgun output I have flooding the surface, I can almost convince myself that any minor diffs wouldn`t have any functional effect.

Let me put you right on the spot here Bill- do you think the lubricity and ecapsulation of the Pink is sufficiently good as to be a viable substitute for the Griot`s? As in, can you imagine that a change from GG to Pink might be the least bit risky with regard to wash-induced marring? Just how far will you go in advocating this stuff? [insert explicit disclaimer that I understand that this is merely your opinion, all final decisions and their ramifications are on me, etc. etc. ]

Post Thanks / Like
    The Pink Car soap is really concentrated stuff. Car Washes use it diluted 200 to 1 or more. For a foam gun, I would add a couple of ounces and fill the rest with water. Depends how much foam you want. Comes out like shaving cream if you use alot.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    It`s a really great soap! I rank it right up there with Duragloss and Griots.

Now that`s one heck of an endorsement! Believe it or not, but I have yet to try 3D Pink Soap. I have been using their Wash & Wax as well as their new HD Wash which is a must try for everyone when it comes out. Extremely concentrated.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Every time you post that I wonder if I oughta save myself a bundle of money by using it instead of the Griot`s :think: With all the foamgun output I have flooding the surface, I can almost convince myself that any minor diffs wouldn`t have any functional effect.

Let me put you right on the spot here Bill- do you think the lubricity and ecapsulation of the Pink is sufficiently good as to be a viable substitute for the Griot`s? As in, can you imagine that a change from GG to Pink might be the least bit risky with regard to wash-induced marring? Just how far will you go in advocating this stuff? [insert explicit disclaimer that I understand that this is merely your opinion, all final decisions and their ramifications are on me, etc. etc. ]

I like to alternate between Duragloss, Griots, and the Pink Soap. The Pink Soap, due to is concentration, seems to foam the most for me. You have to remember I wash before the car it gets barely noticeably dirty so I often get away with touchless washes as long as my finish is freshly waxed and slick. When I use the Pink Soap in the foam gun touchlessly, I can just rinse, and whatever dirt that is on the finish from driving is gone. Griots and Duragloss perform similarly. If I were forced to rank the three, it would be splitting hairs between the Pink Soap and Griots bearing in mind my specific level of dirtiness of my car and my wash technique. I really can’t comment with accuracy about someone’s car that was left dirty for a week, during the winter up North as an example. Duragloss still is respectable in its performance and it’s what I have loaded in the foam gun right now.

Now, when it come washing with a mitt, and the conditions possibly threatening the induction of marring, I’m confident with either.or Griot’s or the Pink Soap. Neither will let you down and not be slick enough at least when it comes to the level of dirt of the paint that I will tolerate LOL. I really don’t think any Autopian can go wrong with either. My basic advise is to use which ever soap is easier for you to buy. And yes, Accumulator, this is all just my opinion and what results I got under my own specific conditions. A lot of people out there have very different washing conditions when it comes to the the degree of dirtiness of the car, what kind of dirtiness, etc—all factors that could threaten the induction of wash-induced marring.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Now that`s one heck of an endorsement!
    Again, I’m very pleased with all three : Griot’s Duragloss, and Pink Soap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill D- Thanks for the good, clear response! And yeah, there`s a world of difference between the levels of cleaning that you and I require (nice way of saying that you don`t neglect your vehicles the way I do :chuckle: ).

That better foaming with the Pink might be counter to what I`m after, guess I`ll just keep on thinking...

But for those "touchless" washes, which I do sometimes do, it might be a good choice, so maybe I`ll use that as an excuse to try it out some time

Post Thanks / Like
    My pleasure ! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I`m gonna buy a gallon. I like the fact it has no gloss enhancers and leaves nothing behind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SSizzlin` View Post
    Thanks guys. I`m gonna buy a gallon. I like the fact it has no gloss enhancers and leaves nothing behind.

And that`s the reason I purchased the product - - it`s supposed to be "body shop safe" and that appears to be what`s recommended for the newer coatings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    And that`s the reason I purchased the product - - it`s supposed to be "body shop safe" and that appears to be what`s recommended for the newer coatings.

I thought body-shop-safe was basically irrelevant for most detailing-centric purposes (all about not having stuff floating around the shop that might contaminate body/paint work) and aren`t virtually all the popular shampoos (such as those discussed in this thread) body-shop-safe anyhow?

If the GG is leaving anything behind, it`s not causing any issues for me, and it might be something I actually value :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I`m just making mention of what the Cquartz creator has said about his product. He says that the Cquartz is at its best when a very neutral product is used for weekly washing. He also makes mention against using ONR. (i`m only making mention of this and how it affects the coating products, not traditional sealants/waxes.)

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, Mile Phillips posted a very extensive list (on the "other" forum) of the Meg`s products...what is "body shop safe" and what is not including all their wash products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information