Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hd polish

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">Could be that the polish is weather sensitive? I know that it`s the polish because m205 and the rupes fine polish both worked with no dust

`
    </blockquote>

Yes. `What was your ambient temp/ humidity?
    Former Pro, Now Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s odd. I`ve never had dusting issues with HD polish. Just used it this past weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger

Yes. What was your ambient temp/ humidity?

At noon when I started. Actual temp-69.08 Humidity-26.35

Post Thanks / Like

hmm... I was thinking it would have been the `opposite` (lower temp, higher humidity) causing the dusting. `

`

I`ve had it happen before with temps in the lower 50`s and humidity in the 70-80% range. `But that was the ONLY time I`ve had dusting issues with Polish.

`

I follow the same method as pwaug... on a polishing pad: 4-5 drops of product to prime, 3 very small ones for every section after. `Cleaned with towel and compressed air.

`

On a cutting pad, used as a light one-step, I will use 5- 6 drops of product to prime, 3 medium sized for every section after. `Cleaned with towel and compressed air.

`

Have you tried slowing your arm speed down or reducing section size? `Sometimes I`ll get light dusting with HD Speed if I`m moving the machine too fast or working too large of an area... but that`s strictly my fault.

`

Probably not the answers you were looking for... but for what it is worth.

`

-Gabe

`

EDIT: Just noticed you were using a green pad... have you used any other pad color with Polish yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips. I have tried them all which is why I`m a lil bummed. I have heard really great things of this polish which is why I picked it up and have looked up every vid I could find to learn what it is I`m doing wrong. I won`t give it up though, but it has made me look like a newbie and I have been doing this 7 years off and on LOL!

My go to polishing pad is the B&S green and it`s the only one I tried with this polish. I also stock LC HT tangerine and other black pads that I will try this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I use B&S pads also, but usually use the white or orange which are the firmer euro foam, but that shouldn`t make that much difference.`` I clean with a stiff denture brush (from the $ store) and a MF towel.`` Like Gabe I`ll use a little more Polish with the orange pad than the white.

`

Here`s David Fermani`s pointers for using HD Polish from a post a few months back:

`
    `
    **Take a fresh, clean pad of your choice. Again, if this pad hasn`t been completely cleaned prior to use, old product residue could still be in the pad and cause dust to fly everywhere. Very important to get this off on the right foot.

**(initial application/prime)Apply 4-5 small drops of product throughout the outer edges of the pad. This doesn`t mean the center and this doesn`t mean to use water, QD or anything else.

**On medium speed (speed 4 or 5 on a GG for example) work the product in a 2 by 2 foot area using slow arm speed and moderate downward pressure.

**Make 2 to 4 passes. A pass is considered 1 back and forth and 1 up and down movement.

**Wipe & inspect

**Clean pad with either a firm pad brush, compressed air and/or towel.

**For reapplication, apply 3-4 more drop on outer edge of pad.

**Swap to fresh pad after 2-3 full sized panels or when pad begins to be over-saturated with product.

NOTE:
    *This product does not break down. You don`t need to work this product very long due to the non-diminishing abrasive technology. If you make too many passes, the oils will dry up and dust could result. If you don`t clean your pads after each pass session, dust could result.

*There isn`t a need, nor was this product designed to be used with water, QD or any other liquid to assist with this products performance.
    `
    The only thing I would add is that the different density of the pads require different amounts. Stiffer the pad, more product it needs.

*Keep your bottle closed after use. Store in a cool, dry environment.

*****IMPORTANT*****

*DO NOT overly prime pad.

When using HD Polishing compounds in sunny, outdoor or hot environments/surfaces:

1-Use a little more product

2-Work smaller sections/areas

3-Clean pads well/frequently

4-Be mindful of long work times
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaTech

Thanks for the tips. I have tried them all which is why I`m a lil bummed. I have heard really great things of this polish which is why I picked it up and have looked up every vid I could find to learn what it is I`m doing wrong. I won`t give it up though, but it has made me look like a newbie and I have been doing this 7 years off and on LOL!

My go to polishing pad is the B&S green and it`s the only one I tried with this polish. I also stock LC HT tangerine and other black pads that I will try this weekend.

`

Its odd that you are having this problem. There should be little to no dust. If you want, I can get you in touch with someone that can work this out with you(pm me your phone number) or if you are ever in the San Jose area, you can stop by our distributor there.

`

<span>3D of San Jose
    <span>1847 Little Orchard Street
    <span>San Jose, <span>CA <span>95125
    <span>Directions <span>
    <span><span>Phone: 408-885-9061

`
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name="pwaug" post="1436399" timestamp="1398200544"]I use B&S pads also, but usually use the white or orange which are the firmer euro foam, but that shouldn`t make that much difference.

I carry those aswell and will be giving all a try until I can get it just right.

[quote name="Ben@Autopia" post="1436401" timestamp="1398201493"]Its odd that you are having this problem. There should be little to no dust. If you want, I can get you in touch with someone that can work this out with you(pm me your phone number) or if you are ever in the San Jose area, you can stop by our distributor there.

<strong class=`bbc`>3D of San Jose[/b]

1847 Little Orchard Street

San Jose, CA 95125

Directions

Phone: 408-885-9061

[/quote]

Thank you very much and all that have stepped in to help. I will pm you my # and it`s in my plans after this weekend to visit the San Jose store which is only 50 min away.

I will be trying again tomorrow on a black hood I picked up. Hopefully tomorrow I can update with good news, even though the weather I had Friday and Saturday is normal for this time of year and will be the same tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

You`ll get it. ``Not every product works for everyone the same at the same time... just the nature of the beast. `Keep us posted.

`

-Gabe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information