Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave:
    Is Adapt going to replace Uno. I didn`t see Uno listed in the 2014 product catalog.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

i cant wait to be reunited with HD Adapt again! patiently waiting for my next bottle to arrive from the post man!`
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast908Z View Post
    A-style executed flawlessly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ww2717

Dave:

Is Adapt going to replace Uno. I didn`t see Uno listed in the 2014 product catalog.

`

Yes. UNO is no longer available.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

David--it seems that Adapt has more initial cut than UNO---How would you compare the two??
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ww2717

Dave:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If you want some I have a 32 oz bottle that I am now trying to figure out what to do with.` wish I had boughtteh 16 oz instead.` I guess ill see how it works on chrome and bumpers or some less scratched stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

So does Adapt finish down even if you have to step up to a light cutting pad or would you still have to follow up with a polishing pad?` Or is this setup as a one step completely?`

`

For instance if I had to step up to an orange pad would a white pad be necessary?

`

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Well I picked up some Adapt.` It`s way too cold to try it out right now.` I`ll post back when I get the chance to try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

It was correction time for my car so I got some Adapt and gave it a try on the roof of my car.` I used 7 drops to prime a white pad then 3-4 drops thereafter.` I made 4-5 passes, medium pressure, slow arm speed and the swirls were still there but they were lighter.` Hit it again and no difference. The paint on my car (dark green metallic) is especially problematic in respect to clearing up swirls and I`m kind of disappointed.` I think I may have expected too much.` Plus, I`m a relative novice so I must be doing something wrong.`

`

Also, I had a heck of a time getting off the excess off so maybe I`m re-introducing marring with the MF towel and IPA/water?

Post Thanks / Like

Any vids of the process you are taking?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug

David--it seems that Adapt has more initial cut than UNO---How would you compare the two??

`

That`s a great comparison. You`ll find that Adapt will finish much better and has somewhat unique cutting characteristics. I like using it on lower speeds making slow passes. Seems like the slower you go the more it cuts and creates great gloss.`

`
    Quote Originally Posted by beamerstrumpet

If you want some I have a 32 oz bottle that I am now trying to figure out what to do with.` wish I had boughtteh 16 oz instead.` I guess ill see how it works on chrome and bumpers or some less scratched stuff.

`

Don`t give up on UNO all together. It`s still a great mid level polish. `

`
    Quote Originally Posted by kantonburg

So does Adapt finish down even if you have to step up to a light cutting pad or would you still have to follow up with a polishing pad?` Or is this setup as a one step completely?`

`

For instance if I had to step up to an orange pad would a white pad be necessary?

`

thanks

`

Most of the time, on most paints I would say this is a 1 step product. Instead of stepping up to a full blown cutting pad that could affect the gloss, I would try working it longer or making a couple passes with a less aggressive pad. Works great with microfiber pads too.`

`
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill220

It was correction time for my car so I got some Adapt and gave it a try on the roof of my car.` I used 7 drops to prime a white pad then 3-4 drops thereafter.` I made 4-5 passes, medium pressure, slow arm speed and the swirls were still there but they were lighter.` Hit it again and no difference. The paint on my car (dark green metallic) is especially problematic in respect to clearing up swirls and I`m kind of disappointed.` I think I may have expected too much.` Plus, I`m a relative novice so I must be doing something wrong.`

`

Also, I had a heck of a time getting off the excess off so maybe I`m re-introducing marring with the MF towel and IPA/water?

`

Which white pad were you using? What machine? What speed? I take it your paint is pretty hard?`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

That`s a great comparison. You`ll find that Adapt will finish much better and has somewhat unique cutting characteristics. I like using it on lower speeds making slow passes. Seems like the slower you go the more it cuts and creates great gloss.`

`

`

Don`t give up on UNO all together. It`s still a great mid level polish.

`

`

Most of the time, on most paints I would say this is a 1 step product. Instead of stepping up to a full blown cutting pad that could affect the gloss, I would try working it longer or making a couple passes with a less aggressive pad. Works great with microfiber pads too.`

`

`

Which white pad were you using? What machine? What speed? I take it your paint is pretty hard?`

`

I ended up finding that I was using the product incorrectly.` I called the vendor that I purchased it from and he told me to try 1-2 passes on speed 5 and that worked perfectly.` So I did that and I was amazed at the result.`` The paint looks like glass.`

Lake Country White Pad

PC 7424XP

My car has the paint from hell.` Dark green metallic and it`s soft as butter.` I can mar it easily with a finger on clean paint.`

Also, I`m a relative novice to the detailing world.` Been at it a year and have only done a couple of full corrections on my own car so yeah, I`m inexperienced.`

`

Post Thanks / Like

I`m in love.

Post Thanks / Like

So does this work better with foam or MF?` I do have it on the list of things I need.` OH and Dave, I did decide to give UNO a new chance.` Working on a white Chevy silverado fleet truck, I just used UNO as a quick paint cleaner on orange Buff and Shine pad.` As I dont have any CUTT or ADAPT at this time. `I did use some Megs UC with a yellow B&S for the really bad areas. Then I went over the whole thing with POXY! LOVE IT ALSO!!` I was afraid to put speed over poxy since it has cleaners in it, was not sure if it would remove the poxy. Or should I just use the red applicator pads (B&S) since they have no cut?

Post Thanks / Like

beamer, i pref to work with foam over mf but if you need the extra agressiveness of mf then go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Big A, check your mailbox.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information