Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ww2717
    All that time and now its going to be 2014 before we actually get to use this product.

Why are you guys getting so bent out of shape over the release date? It is what it is. You don`t just willy nilly release a product and cross your fingers and hope it works. Much R&D is going into this, i`m sure. I`m also confident in 3D (judging from reviews on the rest of their products) that this hybrid polish/compound will certainly not disappoint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by solekeeper
    Why are you guys getting so bent out of shape over the release date? It is what it is. You don`t just willy nilly release a product and cross your fingers and hope it works. Much R&D is going into this, i`m sure. I`m also confident in 3D (judging from reviews on the rest of their products) that this hybrid polish/compound will certainly not disappoint.

I think the issue some people are having is that they announced the product, got everyone`s interest up, but now tell you that you won`t be able to buy it until half a year down the line. Worse, you see people who`ve been selected to received samples posting how great it is, increasing the frustration that you can`t try it yourself.

:noidea: I`m personally not a fan of this type of marketing - if the product is not ready for release and still in beta testing, why not keep it confidential, finish the R&D and testing, and THEN announce AND release it? That said, I`m not a marketing person, so I could be totally off-base in what`s the best way to get a new product into the market.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I have never suggested a date. It`s totally out of my hands/control and I realize that there is alot of stuff that has to go on behind the scenes before a product in listed officially for sale. Just look at HD TOTAL. That product has been ready for months, but minor issues keep pushing its release back. It`s the nature of the business. As far as ADAPT, I promise you that they are very close to finalizing it. I just don`t have an exact date right now, but I can assure you that it will be available way before SEMA. And that`s not just ADAPT. That`s the entire new HD product line.

I no longer feel assured. The marketing department needs to get their ducks in a row. Epic Fail! Guess we`ll need to wait a few more months to see if Adapt lives up to the hype. Meanwhile we can hopefully see the rest of the new HD Line up for sale soon.

Looking forward to the new products.
    :buffingolishing paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.:buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Mejia
    I no longer feel assured. The marketing department needs to get their ducks in a row. Epic Fail! Guess we`ll need to wait a few more months to see if Adapt lives up to the hype. Meanwhile we can hopefully see the rest of the new HD Line up for sale soon.

Looking forward to the new products.

I am a BETA tester and it works great especially the revised bottles that I received, I am out and of course want to purchase it as well but as it has been noted things take time and Tunch imo got this stuff out very fast but of course it has to packaged, sku numbers assigned etc.....

It`s worth the wait and guess what I have to wait like everyone else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very excited to get this product in my hands LOL

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    After reading all 6 pages, I want!

Post Thanks / Like
    So this is more like SPEED than UNO but for heavier defects from what I have gathered. Would this be a correct assumption?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beamerstrumpet
    So this is more like SPEED than UNO but for heavier defects from what I have gathered. Would this be a correct assumption?

Speed is an AIO--mild correction with some protection (POXY) Adapt is basically a compound that finishes down very well if I`m correct.

From David`s first post in the thread:

HD ADAPT with Adaptive Abrasive Technology

Multi-Surface Adaptive Compounding Polish

Introducing the industry’s 1st compounding polish with Adaptive Abrasive Technology (AAT). HD ADAPT uses specially engineered micro abrasives that effortlessly adapt to correct, polish and restore perfection to virtually any hard surface such as modern base-coat clear-coat paint systems, older single stage lacquer paint, non-plated metals, glass, Lexan, gelcoat & plastic. Designed to produce exceptional results when used with your choice of machine polisher such as rotary, dual action and/or forced rotation. Can be used with foam, wool or microfiber correction and polishing pads.

HD ADAPT uses a combination of unique abrasive technologies that increases the efficiency and effectiveness of the buffing cycle by using both chemical and mechanical compounds that allows the user to quickly level defects while at the same time producing excellent gloss & clarity to virtually any surface. This specialized lubricant and cutting system enables the user to adapt to any type of polishing machine or polishing pad to not only quickly level away defects, but also produce a fine polished result.

HD ADAPT’s unique abrasives are designed to quickly level away heavy defects while leaving little to no residual micro-marring in one easy step. Rest assured knowing that HD ADAPT (when used as directed) will not fill or conceal your true finish. Easily wipes from the surface while not creating any troublesome dust, buildup or oily mess behind. Perfect choice for mobile detailers, paint correction experts, body shops, precious metal workers, car washes, dealerships and/or enthusiast car care aficionados who prefer to keep their product choices simplified. Restore and polish automotive paint, boats, aircraft, RVs, aluminum, brass, gold, silver, headlights, cymbals and much more. VOC compliant formula will not produce any harmful airborne particles that will contaminate sensitive paint shops or the earth’s environment. Safe for fresh paint. Contains no wax, silicone or fillers.

Post Thanks / Like
    But it finishes down with a gloss and polish, So umm UNO with Polish?? no mattter I know its gonna be great!

CQuartZ Finest Installer
    Post Thanks / Like
    It`s UNO on steroids pretty much which to me is sounds like a winner. UNO was great but it needed a little bit more of a punch, now they are making sure that Adapt delivers on the promise. I can`t wait to try it out.
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing

-South Florida-

CQuartZ Finest Authorized Installer/Modesta Coating/Xpel/Suntek and Concours Level Expert Detailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    So now I have almost a whole bottle of UNO to use up b4 I buy adapt!

Post Thanks / Like

I would classify ADAPT as UNO on cutting & polishing steroids but with much different technology as it uses abrasives & special chemicals to level and polish.

UNO will still do its think on light swirls so you might not want to give up hope on it just yet. And just a little FYI....in Austrailia, HD offers Speed with UNO instead of HD Polish for greater cutting ability. They seem to like it alot.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool! You guys are certainly my goto products now, and I think I have sent you a coupple converts. As soon as I do the Audi Im getting lined up, I`ll submit pics. The plan is a good wash clay and speed with poxy over top. Its not really to old so Im hoping that will be all I need to do. Gotta buy the poxy though. and I now am interested in the new stuff for inside leather and trim. How do I get a nice banner from you guys? Going to try to keep to your line for my primary tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! You guys are certainly my goto products now, and I think I have sent you a coupple converts. As soon as I do the Audi Im getting lined up, I`ll submit pics. The plan is a good wash clay and speed with poxy over top. Its not really to old so Im hoping that will be all I need to do. Gotta buy the poxy though. and I now am interested in the new stuff for inside leather and trim. How do I get a nice banner from you guys? Going to try to keep to your line for my primary tools.

Great news! I would contact 3D direct by phone and ask them about banners. I`d like one myself!`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

David--I have two VW`s with hard clearcoat to maintain that are kept in very good shape, but do require polishing every`12-18 months.`` It`s usually just light marring and I`ve been using HD Polish (trying to stay away from compounding) with B&S orange pads on my GG DA`as I only want to do a single polishing step and not remove too much clear.` However, it always takes me`at least`six passes (3 up and down, 3 side to side--I think you consider this 3 passes) to remove the marring.` Would HD ADAPT perhaps allow me to do the same thing with fewer passes`with the same finish as HD Polish`without`removing too much`clear??
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information