Thread: Polisher

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know if there is a warranty attached to the HD polisher? What are the specs of the polisher? I cant seem to find this info anywhere. Do they have good customer service?

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY-1 YEAR FREE SERVICE: 3D will maintain or replace your polisher free of charge for the first year. Excludes damage resulting from irregular use.

3D Car Care; Car Wash, Car Wax, Auto Detailing supplies, Car Polishers, Car Buffers & accessories store
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT
    ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY-1 YEAR FREE SERVICE: 3D will maintain or replace your polisher free of charge for the first year. Excludes damage resulting from irregular use.

3D Car Care; Car Wash, Car Wax, Auto Detailing supplies, Car Polishers, Car Buffers & accessories store

The warranty was initially 1 year, but changed it to 3 months when we did the price drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why does it say "Excludes damage resulting from irregular use"? What damage?

Post Thanks / Like
    You would be surprised what someone would try to do with a polisher. We have had polishers come back in pieces since it was used as a science project or something.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, gotcha...I thought it meant "irregular" as in "infrequent".

Post Thanks / Like
    I need a good polisher for my new Audi car, Can any one tell me the details of some polishers...

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Harris
    I need a good polisher for my new Audi car, Can any one tell me the details of some polishers...

Thanks in advance

If you want to keep it inexpensive you can pick up the Harbor Freight polisher for $50 then add a 5" backing plate for $15--it has a little more power than the Porter Cable-here`s a thread about this polisher http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...ight-6-da.html. The HD Polisher is very similar to the HF, but a little more refind and I believe it has slightly more power--the kit offered by HD is very nice--includes the 5" backing plate, pads, couple of towels, a carrying case and a bottle of Speed which is HD`s AIO polish (which is a great product to use for your first polishing attempt). IMO the best bet for weekend detailers like us is the Griots Garage polisher--it has the most power of all the standard dual action machines (which you`ll appreciate with that hard Audi paint) and it has a lifetime warranty. Detailers Domain has some nice kits that include a 5" vented backing plate and 5 or 10 Uber flat foam pads which are essentially Buff & Shine pads and also sold by HD. Great pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine blew out after a couple of weeks, and after some correspondence set up to send it back(after I might add several weeks of no correspondence after my initial contact, had to contact Ben on the forum to get a response), but didn`t get to it for several weeks because my business has been swamped. Received a call from 3D today stating that since I waited they would no longer service my polisher. I told them to keep it, it is no good to me now. I also informed the nice lady that they now have the worst warranty in the industry on their polisher, for which she responded "but we don`t manufacture it".

3D bought the HD Polisher, found out they were crappy quality, dropped the price and reduced the warranty. I didn`t know it only had 3 months when I purchased it, I thought I had plenty of time to send it back.

3D, I like your products, but my experience with this has left a bad taste in my mouth. If you don`t want to support a product, don`t sell it.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IHA Mark
    Mine blew out after a couple of weeks, and after some correspondence set up to send it back(after I might add several weeks of no correspondence after my initial contact, had to contact Ben on the forum to get a response), but didn`t get to it for several weeks because my business has been swamped. Received a call from 3D today stating that since I waited they would no longer service my polisher. I told them to keep it, it is no good to me now. I also informed the nice lady that they now have the worst warranty in the industry on their polisher, for which she responded "but we don`t manufacture it".

3D bought the HD Polisher, found out they were crappy quality, dropped the price and reduced the warranty. I didn`t know it only had 3 months when I purchased it, I thought I had plenty of time to send it back.

3D, I like your products, but my experience with this has left a bad taste in my mouth. If you don`t want to support a product, don`t sell it.

Mark - I totally understand your issue with this and don`t blame you for reacting this way one bit. I will see to it that this is 100% rectified so that you will continue being a satisfied customer. You have been a very loyal supporter of both Autopia & 3D/HD and this is the last thing that I want happening to steer things in the other direction. I am sending you a Private Message with my resolution to this matter.

FYI: If anyone has any issues with Autopia, 3D/HD, I would urge that you contact me 1st. It is both Tunch`s and my main priority to insure that everyone is satisfied and things are running smoothly.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Detail Impressions Detail Impressions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice way of doing business... Old school way of treating customers! I like it!

Thread Information