Post Thanks / Like
    I`m finally getting ready to try this stuff, had it on the shelf since forever...plan to use it at ~30:1 as per [somebody]`s advice.

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered, but is this product OK for aftermarket tint films?

Post Thanks / Like
    It should be relatively safe as its alcohol based instead of ammonia.

Never tested it as 30 to 1 though.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Works great at 50:1 mixed with distilled water. First wipe/towel creates a haze that is removed with the second wipe/towel so it`s easy to see where you have and have not removed everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of container are you planning on storing it in?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Ben.

pwaug- Yeah, I planned to use distilled water. That "created haze" *does* just wipe/buff off, right? I`m after "as easy as it gets" here..

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    What kind of container are you planning on storing it in?

Uh-oh :nervous: I hadn`t given it much thought...figured I`d just use some spraybottle that`s held up OK to my other Glass Cleaners.

Do I need further schooling here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    pwaug- Yeah, I planned to use distilled water. That "created haze" *does* just wipe/buff off, right? I`m after "as easy as it gets" here..

Yes, the haze just wipes right off with the second towel-you can feel the difference as it is removed. I use the surgical huck towels if that makes a difference. I hate to do the windows!!! So it`s a pain after you clean them and there are smears so I always pulled the car outside to do the windows for better light, but it`s not necessary with the 3D Glass cleaner, bkz you can feel when the haze is gone. BTW I just have mine mixed in a bottle that was previously another brand of glass cleaner--put in 25 oz of water and a table spoon (.5oz) of the cleaner. No problems.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s very easy to use, although I`ve only tried it at 50:1. At that dilution it wipes off easier than any glass cleaner I`ve tried, and leaves no residue at all.

My only complaint is that for pro use, it`s too gentle in *some* cases. For very heavily hazed/oily windscreens it doesn`t seem to cut through the film. I need to add IPA to the bottle to boost it`s cleaning power. Maybe I should try it 30:1? :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    It`s very easy to use, although I`ve only tried it at 50:1. At that dilution it wipes off easier than any glass cleaner I`ve tried, and leaves no residue at all.

My only complaint is that for pro use, it`s too gentle in *some* cases. For very heavily hazed/oily windscreens it doesn`t seem to cut through the film. I need to add IPA to the bottle to boost it`s cleaning power. Maybe I should try it 30:1? :think:

You could try adding a litle IPA--worked well on a really dirty windshield after a long trip--allot of road oil etc on the windshield--just added 1 oz to a 25 oz mix.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    You could try adding a litle IPA--worked well on a really dirty windshield after a long trip--allot of road oil etc on the windshield--just added 1 oz to a 25 oz mix.

I thought I already said that...

Post Thanks / Like
    OOPS! Old eyes--read APC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, thanks for the additional info.

Dunno how potent I`m gonna need it...I have other stuff I could use for bug-splattered windshields and I want to say I don`t need anything extra-strong because I`m cleaning some of the glass in question almost every time I drive the vehicle, but OTOH dog-slobber can be tough to get off once it dries :think:

We`ll see if I end up adding the IPA.

But anyhooo...at least I shouldn`t have to worry about the aftermarket tint on the Crown Vics and it does sound user-friendly.

Post Thanks / Like

Uh-oh :nervous: I hadn`t given it much thought...figured I`d just use some spraybottle that`s held up OK to my other Glass Cleaners.

Do I need further schooling here?

My all time favorite container for glass cleaner is a big glass jug. Back in the day I went to a beer making store and found the perfect one and used it in my shop. I always took the road of avoiding opaque containers as I had a few bad experiences with another (non-3D) concentrated glass cleaner product several years ago. The cleaner ended up eating into the plastic causing a pretty disgusting milky residue to collect at the bottom. My product distributor collected a sample of this and sent it in the lab. I guess there was some ingredient in the concentrate that caused this reaction to occur. It didn`t really effect the performance of the glass cleaner, but wasn`t the greatest thing to stare at when you were thinking about cleaning your windows to perfection...
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information