Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s keep_it_clean`s HD CUT review: http://www.autopia.org/forum/3d-high...ml#post1526667
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the reviews/feedback everyone, keep them coming...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is a pain to ask but could reviewers PLEASE give competitors ratings in their review?

If you give a 3/5 for HD CUT is may sound negative/positive depending on the competition.

For example, if you give 3/5 for "ease of use" it may sound a bit disappointing. But if you also benchmark it to M105 and give M105 a 1/5, then we know Cut is far superior.

Even if it means going in and editing your threads, please do this. Or I`ll come over and slash your tyres! :bat :laugh: :laugh:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    I know this is a pain to ask but could reviewers PLEASE give competitors ratings in their review?

If you give a 3/5 for HD CUT is may sound negative/positive depending on the competition.

For example, if you give 3/5 for "ease of use" it may sound a bit disappointing. But if you also benchmark it to M105 and give M105 a 1/5, then we know Cut is far superior.

Even if it means going in and editing your threads, please do this. Or I`ll come over and slash your tyres! :bat :laugh: :laugh:

Done. My tires are safe!

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re lucky mate! :yo:

Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize for not posting my thoughts a while back, I honestly forgot until I was cleaning up today and moved my Cut bottle. This is not a comprehensive review because I haven`t had the ability to do full testing like I did with HD Polish before posting a review. Due to the cold weather here in WV I haven`t attempted detailing much. Regarding the list:

Cut 4.5 - Cut is close to M105 using a Meguiar`s mf cutting disc on speed 4 using a GG 6". The working time is longer, similar to M101. No problems removing 2000 or 3000 grit sanding marks.

Ease of use 5 - This stuff is super simple just like HD Polish

Dusting 5 - Assuming 5 means no dusting

Work time 5 - This stuff has a long working time but doesn`t leave the surface saturated in oils like Menzerna does.

Removal from surface 5 - I haven`t experienced the sticky removal yet, plus it doesn`t leave the surface like Menzerna as noted above

Finish after use 4 - I will revisit this once I dial in this product. It left the paint needing slight refinement but could be due to technique

Flexibility with various machines - N/A for me, I only have D/A`s at this time due to selling my rotary. Will revisit.

Price 4 - Slightly more than M105 but less than M101, all based on retail pricing.

Smell 5 - Even though it lacks any fruity fragrance, it doesn`t smell like pure chemicals or have a foul odor. Easy to work with.

Labeling 5 - Very clean and make good use of the label space.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to use this product Tunch and David. I will continue to use this with different paints, pads, and working conditions to provide a better review at a later date.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did us Richards get the updated version that solved the difficulty to remove problem? It seems we are the only reviewers that didn`t see the problem with removing the product.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I am curious as well when was the birth of his bottle, how long between recieving the product and testing/review?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don`t always drink car care products... but when I do I prefer ONR

Post Thanks / Like
    Richard please share with us exactely how you used cut. I tried it again today and had to use Opti-clean to remove it. I have tried alot of product a little product and the recommended amount. Also changed pressure work time pad and machine and it is still a pain to remove

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keep_it_clean
    Richard please share with us exactely how you used cut. I tried it again today and had to use Opti-clean to remove it. I have tried alot of product a little product and the recommended amount. Also changed pressure work time pad and machine and it is still a pain to remove

Which Richard? If me, I lightly prime the pad and then put a few more drops of product on it, start on low speed to spread on the surface, then work for a few horizontal/vertical passes with about a medium pressure, like I would for most any other compound and then wipe it off. I usually work about a 1.5` x 1.5` area or thereabout. I have no issues wiping it off like many have had. The formula was changed to fix the problem and I wonder if some reviewers got the old formula and some like me and the other Richard (Wright) got the improved formula. The old formula, from what people are saying, no matter how you work it, it doesn`t wipe off. But the new formula, no problems.
    Rich Grasa

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Grasa
    Which Richard? If me, I lightly prime the pad and then put a few more drops of product on it, start on low speed to spread on the surface, then work for a few horizontal/vertical passes with about a medium pressure, like I would for most any other compound and then wipe it off. I usually work about a 1.5` x 1.5` area or thereabout. I have no issues wiping it off like many have had. The formula was changed to fix the problem and I wonder if some reviewers got the old formula and some like me and the other Richard (Wright) got the improved formula. The old formula, from what people are saying, no matter how you work it, it doesn`t wipe off. But the new formula, no problems.

When did you order it? or was it a sample?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don`t always drink car care products... but when I do I prefer ONR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NotQuiteAPro
    When did you order it? or was it a sample?

I was one of the reviewers David picked (I`m listed as ExplicitDetails in the list of reviewers in this thread, was my old forum name). So I received mine the same time the reviewers that were having the sticking problems did.
    Rich Grasa

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Update - hey guys, this update has been long overdue, but with traveling, my day job & having the flu I have been challenged to give you this report.

With the initial batch of HD CUT, some people reported removal issues. This was immediately diagnosed and corrected. Very few bottles made it out to the retail market. Tunch is very adamant about insuring that all of his products work to the best of their abilities. HD CUT should remove from the finish with little to no effort. Similar to HD UNO, Speed, Polish, POXY & NITRO SEAL.

*EVERYONE who was given HD CUT to test will be sent a new bottle.

*ANYONE who has purchased a bottle of HD CUT and has been experiencing removal issues will be given a new bottle. (please PM me)

Please forgive them for any inconvenience this might have caused. As a temporary work around, you can try initially removing the residue with a dampened towel as this should be all that is needed. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information