Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    nice,what machine did you use

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfections
    This isn`t my review, but I`m excited so I wanted to share. I`m doing a solid blk f250 right now, did a test spot with cut, 1 pass till it was broken down, 100% removal and finished well, I`ll let the pics talk..

Double jealous....you got yours AND its warm enough to be wearing shorts....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN BAKER
    nice,what machine did you use

Flex 3401 lc cyan hydro pads

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine just came in. I may play a little with it tomorrow if I have time but I have a friends black car next weekend to do with as I please so I can really experiment without worrying about time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my samples may end up playing this weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine came in as well, will be putting it to work the week of Dec. 17th-20th. I ordered extra pads and picked up a bottle of HD Uno. Sadly I will not be working on a black vehicle but a dark blue Silverado.

Post Thanks / Like
    It came in, I should be testing it tomorrow if not Monday. Full review to come

Post Thanks / Like
    Besides a few exceptions, I think pretty much every tester listed in this thread has received their HD CUT by now. I updated the title of this thread as well as the testing prameters below that I would like to have people follow when doing their test comparisons.

(UPDATE) Please give each parameter below a # value based on a 5 point scale (1-5 w/5 being the best)

• Cut 1-5
    • Ease of use 1-5
    • Dusting 1-5
    • Work time 1-5
    • Removal from surface 1-5
    • Finish after use 1-5
    • Flexibility with various machines 1-5
    • Price (tbd) 1-5
    • Smell (or lack of) 1-5
    • Labeling 1-5

I would also like you to update this thread by putting a link to your review thread in your new post here. This will allow this thread to serve as a master catalog for people to reference for this review.

Also, (unless you object), I would like to add your review to the 3D Blog: 3D Car Care; Car Wash, Car Wax, Auto Detailing supplies, Car Polishers, Car Buffers & accessories store AND the multiple other car forums that we currently sponsor as well as our 3D & Autopia Facebook pages. This will include your contact info (web-site link) so this may hopefully give you additional exposure for your hard work that you`ve demonstrated with your testing.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Aut...424515?fref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/#!/3dproducts?fref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/#!/3dOfMiami?fref=ts
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a link to my review and feel free to use it in your blog.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=143287

I`d also like to rate the product on various testing perimeters.

Cut: 4.9

Ease of use: 4

Dusting: 4

Working time: per recommended amount as per label 3, with 1 added drop, 4

Removal from surface: if polished long enough 3.5

Finish after use: with new pad 5, used pad 4

Flexibility with machines: 5

Price: 4

Smell: 4

Labeling: 4.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, used it on 3 vehicles so far, all of them black (all three in the click and brag I just posted), a 335, GL550 and a Town Car with a repaint.

Cut 1-5: Based on Meguiars #105 being a 5, HD Cut seems to be right around a 4, using the same pads (MF cutting pads). Haven`t yet tried it with a foam pad.

Ease of use 1-5: Good buffing feel, very smooth. Not that easy to dispense, prefer ketchup dispenser type tops to flip tops in that regard. 4 for ease of use

Dusting 1-5: Got some very minimal dusting working in the sun on the jet black BMW, I`d say a 4.5

Work time 1-5: Seems to be close to forever... 5

Removal from surface 1-5: I have had some issues where it doesn`t want to wipe off after buffing (HD Polish and Speed wipe off easily), maybe using too much? I`d rate it as 3

Finish after use 1-5: Excellent finish on a jet black BMW, very minimal marring. 4.5

Flexibility with various machines 1-5: So far I`ve just used it with my PC so right now I can`t rate this

Price (tbd) 1-5: I got it for free to test, so 5 on price! :lol

Smell (or lack of) 1-5: Don`t really notice a scent, so 5

Labeling 1-5: Like other HD products, the labeling is really nice. 5
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Besides a few exceptions, I think pretty much every tester listed in this thread has received their HD CUT by now. I updated the title of this thread as well as the testing prameters below that I would like to have people follow when doing their test comparisons.

(UPDATE) Please give each parameter below a # value based on a 5 point scale (1-5 w/5 being the best)

• Cut 1-5
    • Ease of use 1-5
    • Dusting 1-5
    • Work time 1-5
    • Removal from surface 1-5
    • Finish after use 1-5
    • Flexibility with various machines 1-5
    • Price (tbd) 1-5
    • Smell (or lack of) 1-5
    • Labeling 1-5

It might be useful if testers also give a 1-5 score for M105 (as scottwax started to do) since that seems to be the unofficial benchmark we all know.

That way we can see how better/worse HD CUT is in all areas tested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great information guys. It looks like many people seem to like the new HD Cut. Im glad to hear this. One thing I have noticed from other comments across not only Autopia, but other forums and facebook is on the Cut Level. Some say it doesn`t quite cut as hard as M105. From my findings it will. I tested this product pretty hard on various paints from many manufactuers. The thing I have found about its cut is that it will cut just as hard as M105 if not more, but it doesn`t cut as quick. M105 is a very quick cut. HD Cut will cut just as much just not quite as quick. The nice thing about this is that your not remving paint as fast. The longer work time will allow you to massage the compound vs. just going right at it. Some may like this and some may not. Just remember as a pro you will always need various compounds and polishes to get the job done on all the different paint out there. I personally feel that once the end user begins to reach for HD Cut they will find themselves reaching for it more and more. As far as the removal of it. I found that using a little more then normal will make it come off easier. Again these are my observations. Thanks for the honest feedback. Without honest feedback from the end user no company will advance its abilities to make our jobs easier.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just posted my review. I`m definitely a believer now!

http://www.autopia.org/forum/3d-high...t-wetsand.html
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Review completed! The thread can be found here:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/3d-high...detailing.html

Cut 1-5

4.5, I had fantastic results with just using a yellow cut pad on my PC, used a 5 inch wool pad with my Dewalt and had comparable results.

Ease of use 1-5

5, very smooth use. Reminded me very much of HD Polish in the way it glided across the paint. One thing I noticed with rotary use that if using foam, the pad needs to be completely primed or it will be “grabby”.

Dusting 1-5

4, and the reason for this is because the product cuts so well. I cleaned my pad every single panel because of product and paint build up. I can`t really blame the product because it cuts too good, but it did create some dust.

Work time 1-5

5, did not have a problem at all with it drying out, but have been using it in sub 50 degree weather, so I will not have a definitive answer on this until the weather warms up.

Removal from surface 1-5

2, can be a bit of a pain at times, but this might be because of too much product use. When used with a rotary, it seems like the longer I worked the product, the harder it was to remove. Maybe I am spoiled by using UNO, but this did seem rather laborsome to remove.

Finish after use 1-5

4.5, for a heavy leveler, very good finish. NOT like UNO however, that can be finished perfectly with the right pad/polisher. When used with a rotary, it seems like the product finished even better than with a DA. I assume this is because of difference in paint however, because the rotary use vehicle was a Chrysler product with fairly soft paint.

Flexibility with various machines 1-5

5, used with both PCXP DA and Dewalt rotary. I personally like the PC better, just because the difference in cut between the two machines seems minimal unless you switch the rotary to wool.

Price (tbd) 1-5

5, seems on pace or below comparative products.

Smell (or lack of) 1-5

4, smells like compound. I was kind of disappointed that it did not have the pleasant smell of Speed or Polish, but how much does that really matter as long as it cuts?

Labeling 1-5

5, labeling looks great, no complaints here.

Comparison to other products:

UNO:

This product destroys UNO in terms of cut, there is really no comparison. You would have to use a rotary with a wool pad to get even near the cut you would get with a DA and a orange foam pad using CUT.

Optimum Hyper Compound:

I really like this compound, but would say that is has about 30% less leveling ability than CUT. Would say that OHC finishes a little better and is easier to remove, however.

M105:

I would say that so far this is the most "similiar" to CUT in regards to the way it rates. Will have to come back to this after a rotary is used with CUT.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    my review here

HD Cut review

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information