Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I`ll apologize for the lateness to those who were nice enough to provide this to me for a review. With the extremely hot weather this summer and also some other issues this Summer, this review is overdue. This isn`t meant to be an excuse but reasons why. I`ve only written a couple of reviews so this won`t be a long or detailed one. It was done a short while back but no time to do the write-up.

The subject is a 2011 Infiniti G37xS Sport sedan, Moonlight White. The paint has reddish and greenish flecks in it and is very pretty in the sunlight when clean.

I first pressure-washed the car with the MTM Hydro foamer with Megs Gold Class on the max-suds setting, using a MF wash mitt. Then I used Megs white consumer grade clay, along with 3D`s Final Touch detailer to decon the surface. I also used the clay on the glass as well.

Then I taped off the 3M clear bra edges (I learned ONCE what happens when you don`t do that LOL).

I have the Griot`s Garage buffer with the Lake Country white pad (hydro-tech) with the HD Speed @ speed 4 on the GG. Moved over the car with a nice slow arm speed, using a `checkerboard` pattern I think you would call it so no areas were missed. Removed with several MF bonnets @ Speed 3.

My daughter and I went over the car with several MF towels and a very light touch to remove any remaining dust, then I used pressurized air on the cracks and crevices to remove any possible dusting from the SPEED but I didn`t notice very much at all. I just like to do that, and also on the interior prior to a interior detail.

I did the windows with 3D aerosol glass cleaner and several MF towels, tires with some 3D Magic Blue that I had. It didn`t seem to last the drive to St. Louis for a dinner in downtown.

I do apologize for the lack of before pics but I had about 10 minutes to get the car wash going due to garage space. It wasn`t very dirty at all since it is garaged most of the time. Moonlight white is very hard to show defects but it was pretty clean swirl-wise (not perfect mind you) but pretty good.

On to the pics:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank for the review very much! So what did you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    Thank for the review very much! So what did you think?

Yea I guess I forgot that line eh? Well, very smooth and slick, I`m about 2 weeks out and after 2 rinseless washes it still feels pretty much the same. It is garaged so it does not get subjected to the elements except for very short periods of time. There was a little bit of light swirling but not a lot and it seems to be pretty much non-findable at this point with a nice bright LED flashlight. I`m guessing using the white pad helped with that. I have a 1997 Nissan Maxima that is pretty swirled up and I`m going to try the polish on it sometime in the next couple of weeks. Overall I like the HD Speed quite a bit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear it! Don`t forget to post your findings once you do the Maxima.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review. Glad you`re happy with HD Speed! the paint is popping!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thread Information