Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    The video says it all!

This polisher is as loud as a freight train, but it is really a solid offering.

Thanks for watching!
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    great review

this is what you need for your ears when using that da. Tactical Sports Earmuff-97451-00000 at The Home Depot

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice and honest review. A little troubling that it`s THAT loud though, it would have to be far and away better than other DA`s for most to make that purchase and deal with the noise.

Post Thanks / Like
    How is it that you are once again speaking for others without any data?

This 3D polisher is actually a pretty great pc. First, I don`t think that it is that much louder, I mean they all are loud. Second, this 3D pc to me, feels the closest to something like the Flex. Ergonomically, the 3D pc feels the best as well. You try it and tell me I am wrong.

Do you actually have any interest in trying it out? I can help you, just PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    Nice and honest review. A little troubling that it`s THAT loud though, it would have to be far and away better than other DA`s for most to make that purchase and deal with the noise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for going to trouble of testing the new DA Garry. Do you think the excessive noise could be addressed by a gear modifacation or heavier lube ? Has the noise reduced as more time is put on the machine ?
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the candid review Garry. Been waiting to hear people`s thoughts on the machine, seems like a good option for some people especially with all the extras.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany

This 3D polisher is actually a pretty great pc. First, I don`t think that it is that much louder, I mean they all are loud. Second, this 3D pc to me, feels the closest to something like the Flex. Ergonomically, the 3D pc feels the best as well. You try it and tell me I am wrong.

It`s common sense thing to me, especially after watching the video, that if it`s THAT loud, that will by itself deter others from purchasing unless everything else is that much better than the competition. I`ll send you a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ww2717
    great review

this is what you need for your ears when using that da. Tactical Sports Earmuff-97451-00000 at The Home Depot

Thanks, Brian.

I was stating my opinion in the video. It may be fine for you. You should pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany

Thomas,

This da is definitely NOT even close to the Flex 3401 in any way shape or form. It is much louder than all of my other polishers and produces a nasty whine sound. I compared it to the Meguiars G110v2, Griots Pro, Shurhold, and the PCXP.

The whine and noise is the only real issue I have with it. Otherwise the power is nice and the torque is really nice as well. I like how it feels in the hands. I moved the switch to the top, but I am finding that I am tampering with the speed dial while I work so I may swap it back and see if thats better.

Please dont take this the wrong way. It seems that you get crazy defensive when someone has any kind of issue with a 3d/HD product. This has only been my observation since you took the new position. We all know you and have respect for you as well as the 3D/HD brand, but there is no need for you to "Hound" the products. It seems like repetitious advertising that just gets old after a while.

In no way shape or form am I trying to bash or say anything negative about the polisher, in fact, I think it is a quality machine, as I stated in the video. I just think that the decibal level is too much more my ears to handle. This is also something Ive heard from other people with the polisher.

Thank you for your service, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod66paul
    Thanks for going to trouble of testing the new DA Garry. Do you think the excessive noise could be addressed by a gear modifacation or heavier lube ? Has the noise reduced as more time is put on the machine ?

Thanks, Paul. I have no clue what it is. It seems to be common among others who have this machine as well. No, the level is the same. I downloaded a db meter to my phone and it read 90db... Im sure its not accurat, but thats what it said.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean

Thomas,

Please dont take this the wrong way. It seems that you get crazy defensive when someone has any kind of issue with a 3d/HD product. This has only been my observation since you took the new position. We all know you and have respect for you as well as the 3D/HD brand, but there is no need for you to "Hound" the products. It seems like repetitious advertising that just gets old after a while.

Thank you for your service, Sir.

I couldn`t have said it better myself. I have said the same, as others have, since I began using 3D products and reviewing them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review Gary! After spending a few hours with it, I definitely agree with the noise, she`s louder then all get out but it`s usually a moot point for me as I`m 95% of the time jamming to music via earphones while detailing. Also being a little heard of hearing after 14 yrs of military and EMS, the issue isn`t a deal breaker for me.

Now being a g110v1 user, I often crank up that polisher to 6 to diminish any rather nasty defects and more often then not will end up on 6 for the majority of the correcting process, that being said it has turned into a bad habit for me as Barry pointed out. When I first started correcting with the HD polisher I went on ahead to 6 and I`d say within a half hour or so of constant 6 she was kicking some heat, not burn your hands hot but enough to know that it`s pretty warm. I deformed 2 of Barry`s orange pads as maybe a result of this and using excessive pressure? (g110v1 is all I knew until I tried the HD polisher). Once Barry squared me away on these two points, the heat issue pretty much resolved itself (less pressure and slowing down to 4-5 w/6 on more problematic areas).

I do love the ergonomics of the head....actually I love it a lot, very natural feel to it. I didn`t notice the on/off switch issue but a couple of times with my hand placement, I did unintentionally cut the polisher off when switching hands.

This polisher definitely runs circles around my current polisher, I can probably cut down correction time in half on most of my details with this beast. I really can`t wait to get my hands on it again!

Thanks again for posting/recording your input! Awesomeness as always. :clap1:
    My pride is in the details!

736 GunTrucks -Bakersfield to Bagdad-...and everywhere in between. OIF II `04-`05

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn`t have said it better myself. I have said the same, as others have, since I began using 3D products and reviewing them.

This is NOT a bash Thomas thread! Lets keep it nice.

I also want to reiterate that I think this polisher is a solid performer with some real muscle behind it.

I only stated the noise because it really stands out to me. Yes, they are all loud and we should all be wearing ear protection while polishing anyways. Not a big deal.

Thanks for watching the video, and I appreciate the comments.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean
    This is NOT a bash Thomas thread! Lets keep it nice.

I also want to reiterate that I think this polisher is a solid performer with some real muscle behind it.

I only stated the noise because it really stands out to me. Yes, they are all loud and we should all be wearing ear protection while polishing anyways. Not a big deal.

Thanks for watching the video, and I appreciate the comments.

I completely agree, no bash intended, just that I`ve said the same things.

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Gary for the review. I`ve been curious about this one.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey asss wipe ears! lmao sorry I had to say it :whoo: Great reveiw! Glad you like the performance of the machine.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Hey asss wipe ears! lmao sorry I had to say it :whoo: Great reveiw! Glad you like the performance of the machine.

I love you Barry Theal... no ````... I just wanted to express my man love for PA`s bestest detailer....

It is a nice machine!
    Premium Custom Detailing

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information