Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, the machine I have is a forced rotation and it was one of the first original machines I was testing for 3D way before they launched them to the open public when they first came over from Germany. Not sure what they actually launched or are selling in the box 6 months later but, I assure you the one I use is a forced rotation.

And about the mention of Meguiars, I truly meant no disrespect at all... I`m very stoked about the HD Polisher and use it exclusively on just about all my work. Im having great success with my chemical choice with the HD Polisher. Im not all that happy with the performance of HD Uno Cut but the polish is great and my guys are having great success with it. The HD SPEED is an awesome product as well I just did a clinic this past weekend and used both the HD Polish and the HD Speed in my teaching. I use HD Poxy as my number one paint seal and, other then HD Uno, I have nothing bad to say about the HD Product line at all. The 3D waterless is what I train with and is the only waterless I use, and the only one I recommend to anyone using waterless. 3D has some great products and Im still supporting them in my purchases and my training programs and will continue to do so....
    When you hear, do you listen?

When you see, is there vision?

When you speak, is there wisdom?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Total Pro
    Hey guys, the machine I have is a forced rotation and it was one of the first original machines I was testing for 3D way before they launched them to the open public (when they first came over from Germany).

Not sure what they actually launched or are selling in the box 6 months later but, I assure you the one I use is a forced rotation.

And about the mention of Meguiars, I truly meant no disrespect at all... I`m very stoked about the HD Polisher and use it exclusively on just about all my work. Im having great success with my chemical choice with the HD Polisher. Im not all that happy with the performance of HD Uno Cut but the polish is great and my guys are having great success with it. The HD SPEED is an awesome product as well I just did a clinic this past weekend and used both the HD Polish and the HD Speed in my teaching. I use HD Poxy as my number one paint seal and, other then HD Uno, I have nothing bad to say about the HD Product line at all. The 3D waterless is what I train with and is the only waterless I use, and the only one I recommend to anyone using waterless. 3D has some great products and Im still supporting them in my purchases and my training programs and will continue to do so....

Knowing that your machine is a completely different German-made machine clears things up a bit. Wow- I was at a loss as to how you thought the machine everyone was talking about was forced rotation. I`d like to see a shot of that machine you`ve got, especially what`s behind the backing plate!

Since you do not have the production model, it`ll be interesting to know how you think it performs.

And... I personally don`t think you were intentionally trying to dis` on HD by bringing up Meguiar`s, but I could see how some folks could read it that way the way it was tied together.

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    From an earlier thread by David F:

Here are the specs on the HD Dual Action Polisher:

•2500-6800 OPM

•710 Watt Motor

•5/16 inch stroke

•Soft Start – (ensures safer machine start ups)

•Easy adjustable speed dial with 6 speeds

•On/Off switch located on side for easier access

•Ergonomic front hand mount produces better machine balance

5" Backing Plate included
    Great, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Charles Hahn
    Damn it Garry, you`re not supposed to be making me want to buy yet another DA....
    Yeah right Charlie. I couldn`t help myself. When Barry said they had one left in stock, I told him to put my name on it and bring it when they come into my neck of the woods next Tuesday. I wonder if Barry saying there was only 1 left was his way of setting the hook? I look forward to trying HD UNO with this polisher.
    http://tdmad.com Tuscarora Dave`s Mobile Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave
    Great, thanks for the info.

Yeah right Charlie. I couldn`t help myself. When Barry said they had one left in stock, I told him to put my name on it and bring it when they come into my neck of the woods next Tuesday. I wonder if Barry saying there was only 1 left was his way of setting the hook? I look forward to trying HD UNO with this polisher.

No, he was serious... You got the last one he had...
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown
    Knowing that your machine is a completely different German-made machine clears things up a bit. Wow- I was at a loss as to how you thought the machine everyone was talking about was forced rotation. I`d like to see a shot of that machine you`ve got, especially what`s behind the backing plate!

Since you do not have the production model, it`ll be interesting to know how you think it performs.

And... I personally don`t think you were intentionally trying to dis` on HD by bringing up Meguiar`s, but I could see how some folks could read it that way the way it was tied together.
    Hey buddy, what`s going on in your neck of the woods? :yawn:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kevin, And your right, Im not about to dis anyone on a forum at all... Thats just not me but after reading my post I guess I can see where that would happen. But these forums sure can be crazy!

Of course you can use my polisher, but if you drill friggin holes in my backing plate you have to give me a new one... LOL.... Gosh I crack myself up....

Hope all is well with you my friend and lets get together soon and get you this polisher. I know you will love it.... One of the coolest things I found with it is that on soft clear coats when some chemicals have a tendency to leave a marring or hazing effect this machine seems to leave almost a non marred finish next to several other DA`s...
    When you hear, do you listen?

When you see, is there vision?

When you speak, is there wisdom?

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean
    No, he was serious... You got the last one he had...
    That was just a joke actually. Thanks for the reply last night too buddy.:smile:
    http://tdmad.com Tuscarora Dave`s Mobile Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    good stuff!

chris<pixelmonkey>

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one of the HD da units. Very nice unit. I am having some serious issues though with mine. The bell housing where the spindel assembly is at has some jagged pieces of metal around the edges on it. I have cut my hands on those several times. When the da is on speed position 1 I actually have a hard time keeping it from not rotating. When the da is set to speed 6 I can put a small amount of pressure on it and it will stop rotating. When the da is running there is a constant burning smell coming from it too.There a problem with the switch in that when I put pressure on the da it won`t stay in the on position. Looks like I got the one were the quality control guy fell a sleep and let them pack this one up with out testing it before it left the factory,. 3D (Tunch , Ben, Mr. Dekany, Dave) need some help with this one here. I love ergonomic shape of the da. If would keep rotating a pad like Garry`s does in the video it be getting a 10 from me instead of a -10 for all of these issues. I really don`t won`t a refund I just want a new not refurbished da that works like everyone else got. I don`t won`t the one that missed the QC pallet and was placed on the reject pallet but still got shipped any way. 3D still does make great products so this shouldn`t be thought of my criticizing 3D for all of their product line. Just some bad apples slipped through. Can someone please help me with this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ww2717
    I bought one of the HD da units. Very nice unit. I am having some serious issues though with mine. The bell housing where the spindel assembly is at has some jagged pieces of metal around the edges on it. I have cut my hands on those several times. When the da is on speed position 1 I actually have a hard time keeping it from not rotating. When the da is set to speed 6 I can put a small amount of pressure on it and it will stop rotating. When the da is running there is a constant burning smell coming from it too. Looks like I got the one were the quality control guy fell a sleep and let them pack this one up with out testing it before it left the factory,. Can I get someone from 3D help me resolve these issues.
    Uh-oh! You`re not alone, pal! The first unit that I was sent ran like a bat outta hell! I couldn`t stop the pad from rotating, even on speed 4!! It had a minor switch problem, so I casually sent it back for a replacement. The replacement acted just like yours, speed 5 and 6, very little pressure, and the pad stopped rotating! NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE from the first one!!

So, they sent out a guy from 3D who brought ANOTHER polisher. Guess what, same thing! The guy who came out with the SECOND replacement tried to tell me that the polisher is forced rotation. Give me a f***ing break!!! I told him it`s NOT forced rotation. Then, I showed him that that pad will stop rotating with very little pressure. He saw with his own eyes, on speed 5, that the black mark on the backing plate was not rotating with very little pressure! Remember, this happened with the replacement I had and the other polisher he brought with him. He then tried to tell me as long as it vibrates, it`s fine, and that the pad doesn`t need to spin. NO JOKE!! I told him there might be SLIGHT correction if the pad is just vibrating, but the pad NEEDS to spin! He musta thought thought I was some fool! That pissed me off, but I played it cool.

Anyhow, IT LOOKS LIKE THERE`S MAJOR QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES WITH THIS POLISHER!!!! I sent Thomas a PM regarding my concerns about NOT reselling the two units that were weak and it possibly could be a QC issue, but never heard back. Kinda like "WHATEVER"! That really bothered me! I was trying to help 3D. I still decided not to post anything. However, when I saw this post, I had to let it be known. FWIW, Thomas responded to all my PM`s prior to the last one. Hmmmm....

I told 3D I wanted the first one back and I`ll deal with the switch problem, so that`s the one I have now. It`s a beast!!!

3D, keep the replacement that I just sent back to the side. I live 40 minutes away. I`ll come show you what I`m talking about. If this QC problem isn`t addressed, there`s gonna a lot of unhappy people out there. There IS MAJOR potential with the polisher, it just needs to be consistent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Total Pro
    Hey guys, the machine I have is a forced rotation and it was one of the first original machines I was testing for 3D way before they launched them to the open public when they first came over from Germany. Not sure what they actually launched or are selling in the box 6 months later but, I assure you the one I use is a forced rotation.

I`m partial to German made products. Is there a manufacturers name on your unit? I`d like to have one of those units.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think it is fare of you to assume that I wouldn`t care or "what ever". I have done everything that I could and so did 3D for you.

I am in Portland Oregon. There is only so much I can do from here. Believe me, I am trying. As far as your last email, yes I haven`t replied back to you, but that doesn`t mean I haven`t done anything about it.

Enjoy your weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SSizzlin` View Post
    Uh-oh! You`re not alone, pal! The first unit that I was sent ran like a bat outta hell! I couldn`t stop the pad from rotating, even on speed 4!! It had a minor switch problem, so I casually sent it back for a replacement. The replacement acted just like yours, speed 5 and 6, very little pressure, and the pad stopped rotating! NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE from the first one!!

So, they sent out a guy from 3D who brought ANOTHER polisher. Guess what, same thing! The guy who came out with the SECOND replacement tried to tell me that the polisher is forced rotation. Give me a f***ing break!!! I told him it`s NOT forced rotation. Then, I showed him that that pad will stop rotating with very little pressure. He saw with his own eyes, on speed 5, that the black mark on the backing plate was not rotating with very little pressure! Remember, this happened with the replacement I had and the other polisher he brought with him. He then tried to tell me as long as it vibrates, it`s fine, and that the pad doesn`t need to spin. NO JOKE!! I told him there might be SLIGHT correction if the pad is just vibrating, but the pad NEEDS to spin! He musta thought thought I was some fool! That pissed me off, but I played it cool.

Anyhow, IT LOOKS LIKE THERE`S MAJOR QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES WITH THIS POLISHER!!!! I sent Thomas a PM regarding my concerns about NOT reselling the two units that were weak and it possibly could be a QC issue, but never heard back. Kinda like "WHATEVER"! That really bothered me! I was trying to help 3D. I still decided not to post anything. However, when I saw this post, I had to let it be known. FWIW, Thomas responded to all my PM`s prior to the last one. Hmmmm....

I told 3D I wanted the first one back and I`ll deal with the switch problem, so that`s the one I have now. It`s a beast!!!

3D, keep the replacement that I just sent back to the side. I live 40 minutes away. I`ll come show you what I`m talking about. If this QC problem isn`t addressed, there`s gonna a lot of unhappy people out there. There IS MAJOR potential with the polisher, it just needs to be consistent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    I don`t think it is fare of you to assume that I wouldn`t care or "what ever". I have done everything that I could and so did 3D for you.

I am in Portland Oregon. There is only so much I can do from here. Believe me, I am trying. As far as your last email, yes I haven`t replied back to you, but that doesn`t mean I haven`t done anything about it.

Enjoy your weekend.
    Thomas, I understand you`re in OR. Still, it would have been nice to get a response from you(like all my other PM`s). How am I supposed to know you haven`t done anything about it? Also, I REALLY didn`t appreciate how Francisco tried to bull***t me, like I`m a fool, when he came to my job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so it sounds like that the issue is simply, that I didn`t get back to right away. I am sorry I didn`t reply back to you. Please forgive me. I thought it would have been ok if I replied when I had some time because I have been slammed with chats the last few days. I take my laptop to the bathroom when I have to go. It is that busy.

Btw, the units were never going to be sold to others. They are being looked at.

Later.

PS: next time I am in LA, you better come by for a chit chat.

Quote Originally Posted by SSizzlin` View Post
    Thomas, I understand you`re in OR. Still, it would have been nice to get a response from you(like all my other PM`s). How am I supposed to know you haven`t done anything about it? Also, I REALLY didn`t appreciate how Francisco tried to bull***t me, like I`m a fool, when he came to my job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the video review made the 3D polisher look like a real champ, just hope the issues are resolved soon. I had plans to buy it very soon but think I`ll hold off a little just to be safe.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information