Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Murphy
    No I don`t but I have a lot of experience with one steppers and know what they do.

I love a lot of things about Speed. Easy to use. Cleans and cuts really well. It`s just that the slickness is gone fast as well as any sheeting.

How does the PB cut?

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    How does the PB cut?
    It`s pad dependent and since it has no abrasives, the pad is doing the custting. PBs PwS has some of the best paint cleaners I`ve ever used. This may be why the sealant portion lasts so long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    Thank you!

Maybe using a finishing pad - blue or red, speed 1 or 2 on the pc. If you could, maybe one car if possible, you`d leave speed on over night and another one maybe 30 minutes before wiping it off. See if there is a difference.

On the red Camaro, I left HD POXY on overnight and didn`t wipe it off until about 5pm the following day.

So it`s not so Speedy if you have to leave it on forever just to get a little protection out of it. This goes along with what other people have posted, a person might as well just use a true polish and dedicated sealant since you have to invest an equal amount of time. I very well could be wrong but it sounds like the hype bubble is about to burst.

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate your concern Richard. Fortunately or unfortunately, people don`t always have the same results. A perfect example is Dan, who after applying HD SPEED 4 weeks ago, and just posted updates, has a very different result. SPEED is still going strong. Could go another week or 2. That would make it 6 weeks. That is pretty good in my book. What do you think?

As far suggesting letting SPEED sit and see if that effects durability, well, we suppose to be detail fanatics, right? (I know I am) There is nothing wrong with some experimentation.

To have SPEED not last more than a week is very unusual as it contains HD POXY. But what can you do?

Here is Dan`s thread - keep an eye on it. http://www.autopia.org/forum/product...-new-post.html

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wright
    So it`s not so Speedy if you have to leave it on forever just to get a little protection out of it. This goes along with what other people have posted, a person might as well just use a true polish and dedicated sealant since you have to invest an equal amount of time. I very well could be wrong but it sounds like the hype bubble is about to burst.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I have to say I`m pretty happy with Speed so far, short of ZAIO there are no other products that cut as well as Speed and have any sort of durability. And I`ve tried just about every true AIO there is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fair enough! I have a small sample that I hope to try soon. I will just be going for cleaning and gloss, I assume a black finishing pad will suffice? What speed would you suggest Thomas? Our car sits outside during the day and in the garage at night.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d use the green polishing pad from 3D or a white polishing pad. Not sure what you have. But even the black pad will be fine. I use speed 5/6 to clean, speed 4 if I am finishing after HD POLISH

Post Thanks / Like
    I did another panel of SPEED, applied by hand like a sealant, allowed to haze, and removed. Looking forward to seeing how well it performs this go-around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    I`d use the green polishing pad from 3D or a white polishing pad. Not sure what you have. But even the black pad will be fine. I use speed 5/6 to clean, speed 4 if I am finishing after HD POLISH

Thank you for the info. I tossed all of my white polish pads in favor of hydro-tech pads. I was using the white polish pads with DG 501 but like the tangerine or crimson pads better. Hopefully I can score a 2-3oz sample of Poxy to go along with Speed.

Post Thanks / Like
    PM me your info, I`ll send you some

Thank you for the info. I tossed all of my white polish pads in favor of hydro-tech pads. I was using the white polish pads with DG 501 but like the tangerine or crimson pads better. Hopefully I can score a 2-3oz sample of Poxy to go along with Speed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fair enough! I have a small sample that I hope to try soon. I will just be going for cleaning and gloss, I assume a black finishing pad will suffice? What speed would you suggest Thomas? Our car sits outside during the day and in the garage at night.

Hey Richard, check out my initial review of HD Speed. This was from my first uses of it, back in May and the before and afters from the black GMC truck were taken after using a black LC pad. I can`t comment much on Speed`s durability which so far sounds like its biggest drawback, but the cut, finish and ease of use are great for an AIO. Also, I wish it didn`t clump up after the first few uses as it makes it harder to get out of the bottle, but I transferred it to a yorker bottle and snipped a little off the applicator tip so it`s not a problem anymore.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/3d-high...-hd-speed.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review Mike!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke
    I did another panel of SPEED, applied by hand like a sealant, allowed to haze, and removed. Looking forward to seeing how well it performs this go-around.

And it`s dead. After 1 wash a week ago it looked like it was holding on for dear life and after another wash [last night] there was not 1 bead. It looked like I took an APC to the paint. I prepped the surface with the SSPT and IPA and then applied SPEED by hand and allowed it to pass the swipe test before removing it. I washed with Optimum Car Wash and Megs Gold class.

*Edit*

Here are some pictures, SPEED was applied to the roof.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m curious of I get results like Dan did in this thread so I did 2 adjacent panels with SPEED, but topped one with BFWD to see if that panel is more durable with SPEED as the base.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke
    I`m curious of I get results like Dan did in this thread so I did 2 adjacent panels with SPEED, but topped one with BFWD to see if that panel is more durable with SPEED as the base.

My money is on the BFWD side! Would have been interesting if you did three sections:

Speed

Speed+BFWD

Polish+BFWD

I`m curious if Speed is going to affect the bonding of BFWD since its an oil in water sealant and has no solvents to help it bond.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information