Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Just so you guys understand what is going on with AIO products.

You can have great cutting and polishing ability, or longer durability. You can`t have both. SPEED cuts well.

I agree, that 2 weeks is pretty short in the OP`s case, but as I have said from the very beginning: top HD SPEED with HD POXY. The time you save by applying SPEED gives you the chance to pot Poxy on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    Just so you guys understand what is going on with AIO products.

You can have great cutting and polishing ability, or longer durability. You can`t have both. SPEED cuts well.

I agree, that 2 weeks is pretty short in the OP`s case, but as I have said from the very beginning: top HD SPEED with HD POXY. The time you save by applying SPEED gives you the chance to pot Poxy on.

I understand there is a trade off...

But to me if I am using Speed or any other AIO as a true "one step" I don`t want to and shouldn`t have to top it.

If I have to top it anyway I would just use HD Polish of M205 and the use a sealant as usuall. This way I would get even better cut and the same basic durability as topping Speed w/ Poxy. I guess this is why I personally really don`t care for AIO`s...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer

If I have to top it anyway I would just use HD Polish of M205 and the use a sealant as usuall. This way I would get even better cut and the same basic durability as topping Speed w/ Poxy. I guess this is why I personally really don`t care for AIO`s...

I agree, if you are doing two steps anyway might as well go polish and poxy or whatever your favorite LSP is.

Post Thanks / Like
    To me, I find that HD Speed makes the surface glossier(and slicker) then HD Polish. Anyone else notice this difference?

Also, has anyone tried using Speed just as you would a stand alone sealant? Meaning spread/apply with a finishing pad (low speed). I would assume that it would increase durability.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    To me, I find that HD Speed makes the surface glossier(and slicker) then HD Polish. Anyone else notice this difference?

Also, has anyone tried using Speed just as you would a stand alone sealant? Meaning spread/apply with a finishing pad (low speed). I would assume that it would increase durability.

Speed definitely offers a more glossy look, a wetter look I would say. I`ve applied Speed as I would KAIO and as just a sealant type of product, and the durability and shine seems to be the same, there`s no difference.

I think 3D may want to look at how it markets Speed, as it is confusing in what it claims versus what it actually does.

From the 3D website:

Name: HD Speed - All-In-One Polish/Sealant

Description: "HD® Speedâ„¢ polishes and protects the painted surface in one easy and simple step. Removes light to moderate surface scratches and swirl marks. This remarkable product restores color, depth, and gloss while adding a long lasting wax to the surface."

"Great for those who want quick paint correction with amazing paint protection."

Instructions: "Shake well. Best applied using a DA Random Orbital Polisher, may be applied by hand. Set the DA Random Orbital Polisher on medium to high speed with a polishing foam pad apply a thin layer of product over the entire painted surface. Apply in a cool dry place. Easy on and easy off removal. Just use a clean dry micro fiber towel and buff product off by hand to a deep, high gloss finish."

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add another wrinkle to the AIO debate...When you use an AIO that cuts (Speed, ZAIO, 151, etc.), do you work it like a stand-alone polish and remove the residue immediately, or work it in and let it set for a bit before wiping down? Could this affect durability as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenap
    Just to add another wrinkle to the AIO debate...When you use an AIO that cuts (Speed, ZAIO, 151, etc.), do you work it like a stand-alone polish and remove the residue immediately, or work it in and let it set for a bit before wiping down? Could this affect durability as well?

Very good question that I asked awhile ago. The answer I got was that it did NOT need to be left to "cure." However, I`m not sure that`s the case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you can test it for us again?

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    Speed definitely offers a more glossy look, a wetter look I would say. I`ve applied Speed as I would KAIO and as just a sealant type of product, and the durability and shine seems to be the same, there`s no difference.

I think 3D may want to look at how it markets Speed, as it is confusing in what it claims versus what it actually does.

From the 3D website:

Name: HD Speed - All-In-One Polish/Sealant

Description: "HD® Speedâ„¢ polishes and protects the painted surface in one easy and simple step. Removes light to moderate surface scratches and swirl marks. This remarkable product restores color, depth, and gloss while adding a long lasting wax to the surface."

"Great for those who want quick paint correction with amazing paint protection."

Instructions: "Shake well. Best applied using a DA Random Orbital Polisher, may be applied by hand. Set the DA Random Orbital Polisher on medium to high speed with a polishing foam pad apply a thin layer of product over the entire painted surface. Apply in a cool dry place. Easy on and easy off removal. Just use a clean dry micro fiber towel and buff product off by hand to a deep, high gloss finish."

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you can test it for us again?

I`d be happy to. Every car I`ve used it on has technically been a test, but I`d be happy to further test it and post my results.

Post Thanks / Like
    For what it`s worth, on the hood I polished with a finishing pad and wiped it off immediately like I would a polish. When I did the test on the roof, I applied it LIKE a stand alone sealant with little to no pressure, allowed it to haze, and remove it like I would a sealant. So I did cover both bases.

@ David, I do think SPEED feels slicker than POLISH, but I believe that`s because it *does* contain POXY, and would inherently be slick immediately after application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!

Maybe using a finishing pad - blue or red, speed 1 or 2 on the pc. If you could, maybe one car if possible, you`d leave speed on over night and another one maybe 30 minutes before wiping it off. See if there is a difference.

On the red Camaro, I left HD POXY on overnight and didn`t wipe it off until about 5pm the following day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I left my Speed on for 8+ hours, I was testing to see if it became a PITA to remove. I`m at week two and still beading strong.

Post Thanks / Like
    How interesting that is. I wonder why the discrepancy. Please keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I left my Speed on for 8+ hours, I was testing to see if it became a PITA to remove. I`m at week two and still beading strong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Found the post...

Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail

Since HD Speed has wax and or sealant in it, does it have any sort of cure time? Or do you simply apply and remove?

Hmmm. Sorry about that. It has a sealant in it according to Ben. It is a true AIO, you can wipe it off right away or go over the whole car and then wipe off. Very easy product to work with.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...ml#post1497979

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    Do you have any 50/ 50 pictures after using the PB Polish w/ Sealant?
    No I don`t but I have a lot of experience with one steppers and know what they do.

I love a lot of things about Speed. Easy to use. Cleans and cuts really well. It`s just that the slickness is gone fast as well as any sheeting.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information