Post Thanks / Like
    What`s going on folks? Here is a brief write up on the Mrs metallic silver Saturn. A quick Hx on this car, it was originally my, car, bought in 07 w/24k on the clock. Since the birth of my daughter, I had to give it up for the `04 ZX3 Focus as it was ahem....too cramped for Mrs Underdawgs taste. Let`s just say that this car was in pristine shape when I was forced to hand over the keys......not so much now!

Anyways, the Friday before I had contacted Barry for some more HD products as I have been nothing short of impressed so far by the HD line. Initally I was planning on using these products to do an intense detail on the Focus as I`ve really have neglected the car.....well both actually since my little boo was born. Plans changed and I ended up giving the rest of Mrs Undrdawgs Mother`s Day present on Father`s Day.....go figure!

All right back on track. Early in May I planned on detailing the car, started but got interrupted by pop up family plans. I absobleepinlutely hate not being able to finish what I start and it will suck all motivation quicker then...well you know! I had tried out Meg`s Ultimate Polish at the time and was for the most part pleased with the results, being silver metallic and driven by someone what definitely doesn`t have the "passion", I wasn`t gonna break my back to get it looking it`s best only to have it trashed in a few days.....and it WILL be trashed.

So I started out the day before by taking it to the coin op and washing her down with their power washer. The outside wasn`t terribly bad but I needed all the time I needed the next day. During this time I cleaned out the interior w/Lysol wipes and following up w/Meg`s M40. Didn`t take many pics in there due to it being a royal hot mess!

Father`s Day comes around and once Mrs Underdawg enters the house from work, my arse heads out! Pull the car into my grassy man shade.....that`s right I don`t have a man cave but a MAN SHADE!

Alight, long story short. Everything under the sun came up and took a very large chunk out of my polishing time. Between NPT`n the car, the wife and kid and neighbors bbq`n, I started polishing at 5 pm instead of 2 pm as I was originally shooting for. I wanted to try out Uno but that got cut of the process, so I went straight to Polish on a HD green pad alternating between 5 and 6. Since I was in a race against the sun I opened up the work area to between 3x3 and 4x4 max while cutting down the polishing time to between 1 and 2 minutes per section. Being a GM car, the paint does lean on the harder side but with the situation I was faced, Polish on it`s own was able to cut down about 60% of the defects without any issues. 3 dots of polish on a primed pad I know I could`ve achieved near perfection if time wasn`t an issue.

I did test out Uno on a HD yellow pad for the headlights and a particularly nasty set of scratches on the left rear quarter panel. It diminished these scratches but they were too deep to fully correct. Headlights had a yellow haze to them, now they look brand spankin new!

About 3 quarters thru the polishing step, the ole g110v1 started exhibiting the signs that the cord was acting up again. Not wanting to take any chances I called it quits with the polishing, leaving the trunk lid and R/S quarter panel and doors unfinished. Applied poxy by hand and before I knew it, light was fading fast. Removed Poxy with ease and called it a day!

My apologies for the pics, no 50/50`s as I was in too much of a rush, It rained the next day and I haven`t got around to taking in the sun pics yet.

Befores:

Headlights:

Headlights after Uno/Polish = AWSOME! Even using the 105/205 combo would still leave a slight yellowish haze around the edges of the light housing, not with Uno/Polish, took it all out with relative ease!

Afters:

Afterthoughts: I`m loving how HD Polish brought out the gloss and flakes with relatively easy effort. Swirl removal was impressive with the time crunch I was on, being metallic, it hides them very well to begin with in most light and angles. If I had more time to concentrate on the RIDS, I know they could`ve gone bye bye too. I knew the g110 days were numbered and as soon as it started acting up I immediately took it off line. I`m glad it went when it did as if I was working with Uno when it quite, the outcome of this detail may have been different. With the weather in the mid 70`s with low humidity, I didn`t run into any temperature related problems. All in all I`m very happy with the results and Polish is gonna stay in my front line bag!

Thanks for looking and any comments, gripes, advice is always greatly appreciated.

Sean
    My pride is in the details!

736 GunTrucks -Bakersfield to Bagdad-...and everywhere in between. OIF II `04-`05

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review, car looks really slick. Can you compare your Polish combo with anything else you`ve used? And, how many passes did you do to get the results you wanted?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking very sharp! The gloss is really nice. I love the POLISH/POXY combo. Excellent job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you RZ and Thomas!

RZ, my product exposure is pretty much limited to Meguiar`s and now 3D/HD in regards to paint products. That being said the only real combo I can compare it to is 205/16. The gloss on that combo was below that of Polish/Poxy by a notch or two, however the beading was way tighter with the M16. I feel as if poxy gives it a bit of a darker glow while 16 gave it a much crisper look (which I love on lighter vehicles btw). I`ve done DCPC/NXTv1, UC/SwirlX/NXTv2, and UP/NXTv2 combos but they didn`t give me the kind of results with the two combos mentioned above.

Cutting wise, as I was in a crunch for time and it being the daily driver of the destroyer of cars, I wasn`t concentrating too much on correction, being metallic silver, it does a really awesome job at hiding them on its own. I would give it to Polish as what I was able to correct in one pass it would take two with the 205. Polish also wins hands down with removal. I know if I applied too much 205 or didn`t work it in long it would get tacky on me when it came time to wipe it off. Another plus was no "polish boogers" that 205 would give me.

Thanks again guys!

736 GunTrucks -Bakersfield to Bagdad-...and everywhere in between. OIF II `04-`05

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work. Well written review :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Lowe! I try to keep it short yet informative and somewhat entertaining! I actually had to rewrite it a few times as I tend to really get into details on the detail and everything surrounding it!

Thread Information