What`s going on folks? Here is a brief write up on the Mrs metallic silver Saturn. A quick Hx on this car, it was originally my, car, bought in 07 w/24k on the clock. Since the birth of my daughter, I had to give it up for the `04 ZX3 Focus as it was ahem....too cramped for Mrs Underdawgs taste. Let`s just say that this car was in pristine shape when I was forced to hand over the keys......not so much now!

Anyways, the Friday before I had contacted Barry for some more HD products as I have been nothing short of impressed so far by the HD line. Initally I was planning on using these products to do an intense detail on the Focus as I`ve really have neglected the car.....well both actually since my little boo was born. Plans changed and I ended up giving the rest of Mrs Undrdawgs Mother`s Day present on Father`s Day.....go figure!

All right back on track. Early in May I planned on detailing the car, started but got interrupted by pop up family plans. I absobleepinlutely hate not being able to finish what I start and it will suck all motivation quicker then...well you know! I had tried out Meg`s Ultimate Polish at the time and was for the most part pleased with the results, being silver metallic and driven by someone what definitely doesn`t have the "passion", I wasn`t gonna break my back to get it looking it`s best only to have it trashed in a few days.....and it WILL be trashed.

So I started out the day before by taking it to the coin op and washing her down with their power washer. The outside wasn`t terribly bad but I needed all the time I needed the next day. During this time I cleaned out the interior w/Lysol wipes and following up w/Meg`s M40. Didn`t take many pics in there due to it being a royal hot mess!

Father`s Day comes around and once Mrs Underdawg enters the house from work, my arse heads out! Pull the car into my grassy man shade.....that`s right I don`t have a man cave but a MAN SHADE!

Alight, long story short. Everything under the sun came up and took a very large chunk out of my polishing time. Between NPT`n the car, the wife and kid and neighbors bbq`n, I started polishing at 5 pm instead of 2 pm as I was originally shooting for. I wanted to try out Uno but that got cut of the process, so I went straight to Polish on a HD green pad alternating between 5 and 6. Since I was in a race against the sun I opened up the work area to between 3x3 and 4x4 max while cutting down the polishing time to between 1 and 2 minutes per section. Being a GM car, the paint does lean on the harder side but with the situation I was faced, Polish on it`s own was able to cut down about 60% of the defects without any issues. 3 dots of polish on a primed pad I know I could`ve achieved near perfection if time wasn`t an issue.

I did test out Uno on a HD yellow pad for the headlights and a particularly nasty set of scratches on the left rear quarter panel. It diminished these scratches but they were too deep to fully correct. Headlights had a yellow haze to them, now they look brand spankin new!

About 3 quarters thru the polishing step, the ole g110v1 started exhibiting the signs that the cord was acting up again. Not wanting to take any chances I called it quits with the polishing, leaving the trunk lid and R/S quarter panel and doors unfinished. Applied poxy by hand and before I knew it, light was fading fast. Removed Poxy with ease and called it a day!

My apologies for the pics, no 50/50`s as I was in too much of a rush, It rained the next day and I haven`t got around to taking in the sun pics yet.

Befores:

Headlights:

Headlights after Uno/Polish = AWSOME! Even using the 105/205 combo would still leave a slight yellowish haze around the edges of the light housing, not with Uno/Polish, took it all out with relative ease!

Afters:

Afterthoughts: I`m loving how HD Polish brought out the gloss and flakes with relatively easy effort. Swirl removal was impressive with the time crunch I was on, being metallic, it hides them very well to begin with in most light and angles. If I had more time to concentrate on the RIDS, I know they could`ve gone bye bye too. I knew the g110 days were numbered and as soon as it started acting up I immediately took it off line. I`m glad it went when it did as if I was working with Uno when it quite, the outcome of this detail may have been different. With the weather in the mid 70`s with low humidity, I didn`t run into any temperature related problems. All in all I`m very happy with the results and Polish is gonna stay in my front line bag!

Thanks for looking and any comments, gripes, advice is always greatly appreciated.

Sean