Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    They are different pads. What was the issue with UNO?

Post Thanks / Like
    Website is fixed. It now shows all 3 pads. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    typically i use lc ccs pads and love them i had purchased the pads with the coushin because i try to really keep my brands together. the orange one i purchased was super thick and i believe it was a 40ppi pad. the correction was much more minor than m105 and finished down with light pigtails and tons of micromarring.

i am just wondering if these pads (they look newly designed) are actually a better foam.

by the way speed is incredible

thanks Tom,

Nick
    Originaly Posted by: camaro5ryan

CG customer service sucks... Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a new UNO now, very different from V4. That doesn`t mean you should not use it though.

Every time I see someone mention UNO not cutting, the first thing I want to say is that you used too much product. If you use it like you use 105, you get the results you described.

Quote Originally Posted by nushine31223
    typically i use lc ccs pads and love them i had purchased the pads with the coushin because i try to really keep my brands together. the orange one i purchased was super thick and i believe it was a 40ppi pad. the correction was much more minor than m105 and finished down with light pigtails and tons of micromarring.

i am just wondering if these pads (they look newly designed) are actually a better foam.

by the way speed is incredible

thanks Tom,

Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    Warranty information aside, the only thing I`d like would be an option to swap out Speed for the new Uno! I love the carrying case, does it have room for pads in it or is it just the machine/wrench/BP that fit inside? Thanks for the quick release, if I really needed more information before ordering a new DA, I`d just wait for it personally. It`s nice to have the option to order it early without *full* information as opposed to sitting on my thumbs for a few more weeks. :peace:

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks alot tom. i had sergury today so i got the rest of the week to expieriment. and wait on a brand new polisher to arrive

i appreciate the help

Nick McGuire

Nu-Shine Auto Spa
    Originaly Posted by: camaro5ryan

CG customer service sucks... Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoolinNoMore
    Warranty information aside, the only thing I`d like would be an option to swap out Speed for the new Uno! I love the carrying case, does it have room for pads in it or is it just the machine/wrench/BP that fit inside? Thanks for the quick release, if I really needed more information before ordering a new DA, I`d just wait for it personally. It`s nice to have the option to order it early without *full* information as opposed to sitting on my thumbs for a few more weeks. :peace:
    has room for pads.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thomas, maybe you could do a video on how to use UNO properly? Would help a lot of members here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there an option to just buy the polisher?

Also, what is different with these new pads? When HD first released pads, I purchased probably around 20 of them(foam back). Other than them not having a foam back anymore am I missing out on anything awesome?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    The HD site has the HD shirts, hats, etc., but not the polisher. What if you want to order both? Is that separate orders and shipping?

I do not need mf towels in the kit, that`s for sure.

Rob

I`d like to give UNO another shake (pun intended), but so far the Hyper Polish and Speed are working very well, but do need something that can cut for tougher jobs.
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rob - I`talk to Ben in a minute. I`ll find out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WCD
    The HD site has the HD shirts, hats, etc., but not the polisher. What if you want to order both? Is that separate orders and shipping?

I do not need mf towels in the kit, that`s for sure.

Rob

I`d like to give UNO another shake (pun intended), but so far the Hyper Polish and Speed are working very well, but do need something that can cut for tougher jobs.

Post Thanks / Like
    it will be listed later today

Post Thanks / Like
    I never use a DA type polisher and always stick to my Rotary but am in the need for a DA type by next week. Hopefully you guys will start selling it without a kit by then because if so then I`d be interested in giving it a shot. The reason I am in need of one is to train my new employee on buffing/polishing and a DA will be much easier to start on instead of throwing him on the rotary first...

Looks interesting though and can`t wait to hear more reviews and info on it! As for the ones ragging on it before even trying it or seeing any review videos, I think you should hang in there a little longer and give it a chance and appreciate the fact that they are giving everyone a chance to try the thing out as soon as they are... I know right now for me it`s either spending extra on a Flex or getting the typical Porter Cable or this one. Unfortunately for me I am in a hurry and can`t wait too long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Dan, I missed this post. What exactly would you like to see? rotary, flex, da? Wool, foam MF pads?

Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    Thomas, maybe you could do a video on how to use UNO properly? Would help a lot of members here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    Sorry Dan, I missed this post. What exactly would you like to see? rotary, flex, da? Wool, foam MF pads?

It seems that the majority people (on this site and others) are using a DA with Foam pads. I think an instructional video would go a long way to help with the acceptance of UNO (and for all 3D "polishing" products). I`ve run across posts many times on other forums where people are unhappy with UNO and it`s clear they are just using it like other products--also seen posts from people who were happy with UNO and really not using it properly so they could have gotten even better results.

Instructional videos for most competing products are readily available.

7/9/12 Here are two excellent "How To" articles as examples of type of information available for competing products:

Finishing with Meguiar`s M105 Ultra Cut Compound - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

Tips to acheive a flawless finish with M205 and a DA polisher - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information