Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    hi folks.i was useing a pc 7424 xp with lc flat pads today useing oarnge,and white pads today.had a hard time figuring out how long to run both polishes.primed pads with a squirt of cg synthetic qd and put about 4 pea size drops on the pads.iwas not getting the cut i wanted with the oarnge pad and switched to megs mf cutting pad and still no luck.i have only used d300 in the past with mf pads ,so my procedure may have not been the best[ran it the same as i would with d300/mf combo] after awhile i would do 6 section passes[3up&3across] but it seemed like i could of run it a lot longer.iam starting to think that the lc oarnge pad does not have enough cut for the uno.i dont really know.ihave been planing to go to b&s pads in the future and was lookin at hd pads but they look the same to me.anyway i am glad to be here and look forward to getting tips when working with uno and the finishing polish.alsois the new version of uno pad dependent meaning i can adjust the cut?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey John - Yes UNO is pad dependent.

What kind of car was it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain, I`ve been in the same situation several times now, I`m glad it`s not only me (but sucks it doesn`t work for you either). The LC orange SHOULD work fine, as it works fine with other compounds, I`m playing around with it a little more before I throw in the towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    I 100% agree i am not a fan of uno4 at all. my go to compound has and always will be m105. reason being is that it has the most cut and i am able to work it down so far tht sometimes i never need to finish. the only drawback to m105 is obvi dust but it has never let me down when paired with a lc ccs orange 5.5 pad on the pcxp. everyone hyped about it saying "its 105 with no dust"!!! so of course i buy a 32oz. extremely dissapointed. it did not cut any better than menzerna IP and micromarred the living He11 out of any surface. even with a finishing pad.

OTOH i am in love with HD Speed!! (its very bizzare tht speed cuts and finishes better than uno.................)
    Originaly Posted by: camaro5ryan

CG customer service sucks... Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nushine31223
    I 100% agree i am not a fan of uno4 at all. my go to compound has and always will be m105. reason being is that it has the most cut and i am able to work it down so far tht sometimes i never need to finish. the only drawback to m105 is obvi dust but it has never let me down when paired with a lc ccs orange 5.5 pad on the pcxp. everyone hyped about it saying "its 105 with no dust"!!! so of course i buy a 32oz. extremely dissapointed. it did not cut any better than menzerna IP and micromarred the living He11 out of any surface. even with a finishing pad.

OTOH i am in love with HD Speed!! (its very bizzare tht speed cuts and finishes better than uno.................)

Seems like we got the same results. I have the newest version of UNO (Advanced Cut), you say you have v4? Are those the same?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nushine31223
    everyone hyped about it saying "its 105 with no dust"!!! so of course i buy a 32oz. extremely dissapointed. it did not cut any better than menzerna IP and micromarred the living He11 out of any surface. even with a finishing pad.

I`m not sure who hyped it as being 105 without dust. I don`t think you will find a single person that says it cuts on par with 105. IMO the cut is about 1/2 of 105 on hard clears. On softer clears, the difference isn`t as apparent. 105 also needs a wipedown afterwards because what is presented at first isn`t the real result, especially if you use an aggressive pad. I will say that for me, UNO is less work than 105 on all but the most hammered finishes, because there is less dust and what you see, is what you get. I hate the guessing game with 105.

Your remark about speed cutting and finishing better than uno... FILLERS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan

Your remark about speed cutting and finishing better than uno... FILLERS.

Now that`s a bold statement that I wasn`t sure I wanted to make, but I`ve heard the same with my Speed that I let a friend use on his car. He mentioned it`s fills rather than removes some of his swirls, just not scratches. I`ll confirm this in my test that`s ongoing in another thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    The windshield end of the hood was polished with HD SPEED - this picture was taken the following day after a very thorough wash.

P1080069 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    Now that`s a bold statement that I wasn`t sure I wanted to make, but I`ve heard the same with my Speed that I let a friend use on his car. He mentioned it`s fills rather than removes some of his swirls, just not scratches. I`ll confirm this in my test that`s ongoing in another thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting assessments.

I`ve got no filling with UNO or Polish thus far, but I`m using them within the parameters they should be used. I`ve also had quite pleasing cutting results with each one too. Every product can fill, but you need to also consider each product differently and use each within it`s realistic workflow. I could take UNO, apply it with a finishing pad with zero cut and do 2 passes and think that the correction/increased gloss I created is true. The same goes for anything else I suppose because any time a product with these types of lubricants is applied to a finish you can get a deepening effect which is considered filling.

Also, with Speed, it`s got wax in it which we all know can deepen/darken a finish right? So,technically speaking this increased effect (which is temporary) is filling? Are you with me? I don`t know of any waxes that are applied to a surface with defects that will not make it look different/improved? We all know that this effect isn`t a true correction of the finish and doesn`t last, so again, this is filling too. I certainly don`t strip a sealed finish to measure how much filling effect I received from the protectant because I pretty much know it will look the way it did prior to final polish. Food for thought.

Everyone should keep in mind that what works for you, on the finishes you work on, in the evnironment that you use them and with the tolerance you work within in isn`t always going to be identical for everyone else. If you don`t care for a product and have exhausted every opportunity to properly utilize it, then it`s your perogotive to go a certain direction at the fork in the road. You can either claim that they do or don`t work, but at the end of the day that should be a user defined presumption. Especially when someone else`s presumption is different.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    David, those are reasonable statements, however Speed contains Poxy, which contains silicone and montan wax, correct? Both of those are good fillers, nothing wrong with that. There are similar products, ZAIO, FK215, etc that do not fill at all. In my book filling is good, however if you use a product incorrectly, fillers have a very negative impact once the product wears off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80

Again, we`re talking about using a product incorrectly vs correctly. It sure will fill, you can take it, smear it all over the surface by hand, let dry, and voila, looks great. However if you use it via a machine and let the polish do the work, you get real results. This isn`t a defect in the product.

Frankly, I`m surprised this is even an issue, this the very nature of the product.

Post Thanks / Like
    As the product wears off, I will see if the swirls reappear, I sure hope they don`t, and I don`t THINK they will since the pads used with Speed all had some level of cut on their own. On more severe swirls, I`m not sure if it`s enough to fill at all or not.

On another note, the silicones you mentioned, are these the same that were mentioned in another thread (possibly one of mine) where someone mentioned it provides a "false" shine, not a real shine? I`m no chemist so I don`t know what the ingredients in it actually do or don`t do.

Post Thanks / Like
    how about adressing my origanal post?amount of passes,speeds ,pads to use with hd product while useing a pc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    David, those are reasonable statements, however Speed contains Poxy, which contains silicone and montan wax, correct? Both of those are good fillers, nothing wrong with that. There are similar products, ZAIO, FK215, etc that do not fill at all. In my book filling is good, however if you use a product incorrectly, fillers have a very negative impact once the product wears off.

Correct. All polishes and waxes have some form of silicone as a carrier and can fill. People tend to dismiss this, especially when referring to the effects that certain protectants offer.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    John, can you tell me what car and color you are working on? Every make and color is different and has to be treated accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN BAKER
    how about adressing my origanal post?amount of passes,speeds ,pads to use with hd product while useing a pc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information