Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used HD Polish several times from the sample bottle I received, on dark vehicles, it`s the perfect finishing polish, works great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ww2717
    Got to use HD Polish for the first time over the weekend. I tested it against Menzerna 106FA and it defiantly gave a better finish than the 106FA. I did some jeweling with a rotary using HD Polish and Menezerna PO85RD. Polish came very close in the finish that it left when compared to PO85RD.
    Between POLISH and PO85RD which did you like best and why?

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys for the replies! is it necessary to prime the pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    thanks guys for the replies! is it necessary to prime the pad?

For such an easy question it`s much harder to answer nowadays. Of course we don`t want a dry pad moving over the surface but with this polish you wouldn`t add anywhere near the amount you would using the KBM. I start with a few small drops around the pad then run it with very light pressure until the surface is "primed" then add pressure. After that 1 or 2 drops is all that`s needed.

It`s easy, if you haven`t used it before, to want to add the same amount of polish as other brands. Try to use as little as you can per section. There should be a very light film left on the paint that buffs off super easy. It has a very long working time too so if you need more cut then just extend the buffing cycle.

Post Thanks / Like
    HD Polish saved me when I was doing this black truck. M205 was leaving a haze and driving me nuts. I hit this car with a MF Pad and either M105 or D300, and finished it with HD Polish on GOLD pad. I usually use Gold pads for waxing...actually, that`s the only reason I use them. Gold pads have no mechanical cut in them, which pretty much means HD Polish took out whatever D300 left behind and produced a mirror finish for me. Un-freaking-real. I consider myself a pretty good detailer, but not top notch famous detailer status. After I was done with this truck, I felt like I just finished a Bugatti. Probably the best looking finish I`ve produced.........and the guy didn`t even care, he was mad it took so long. Pff...

If you don`t know the answer, ask the question. The worst that can happen is that you find out the answer.

San Diego`s Professional Detailer

www.SanDiegoDetailer.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    I`m trying to link a photo from Flickr but am having trouble.

It`s a Toyota Klugar solid black that I finished today and took a couple of quick snaps...not that great.

Anyway, I had real trouble polishing this vehicle as its solid black paint was soooo soft. It had some swirls and RIDS but main problem was severe water marks. I successfully corrected it with - wait for it - HD SPEED/black finishing pad! Hard to believe, but the paint was that soft. However, that combo left fine buffing swirls! Since I was going to NS it I had to find a polish that had no fillers and oils. I had a sample bottle of HD POLISH that I used with a super-soft LC gold pad.

The results were amazing. I`ve never seen solid black look so good. It`s the best *true* finishing polish I`ve ever used.

Wow, I skipped over this comment but it looks like you found the SAME combo as me after the same issue! The black pad wasn`t doing what I wanted, but the Gold made it look amazing.
    If you don`t know the answer, ask the question. The worst that can happen is that you find out the answer.

San Diego`s Professional Detailer

www.SanDiegoDetailer.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly haven`t used a gold pad for about 3 years and have forgotten about it. Thanks for the heads up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenga
    The black pad wasn`t doing what I wanted, but the Gold made it look amazing.

Hey, that`s interesting! Yeah...different "zero cut" pads can sure behave differently all right.

How would you describe the diffs you experienced (between the black and gold)?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the black first which left marring on the soft solid black I was polishing.

The gold pad removed all marring and left a superb finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    HD POLISH looks to be getting rave reviews from all over! thanks to everyone who has shared their thoughts on this product and kudos to 3D/HD for listening to what others have had to say and making any (if at all) changes if necessary on this or any 3D/HD product!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information