Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the product - no sling, easy to spread, and leaves a really nice deep black finish. :thumbs:

Ultra protectant by thomasdekany, on Flickr

This is how it looks. Do you like it?

3D Spray-on Ultra Protectant

Are you looking for a long lasting tire dressing? Then 3D Ultra Protectant water based tire dressing, is a spray on formula that any car detailer will need. If you are not comfortable with thick solutions, you can always use the 3D Ultra Protectant spray-on formula. It will give your car tires the same long-lasting high gloss that its thicker counterpart, Ultra Protectant Thick, has to offer.

This water based dressing has silicone and is made of the highest grade ingredients that are blended into a super micro emulsion that spreads easily onto your tires and lasts the longest. It also gives best results when it is used after cleaning your tires with the 3D Yellow Degreaser. After spraying a mist of this solution on your car tire, you can wipe it off and give your car tires the long-lasting gloss that you have always wanted.

If you prefer to spread on your tire dressing then consider 3D Ultra Protectant Thick. These are only two of the most popular tire dressings offered by 3D Professional Detailing Products.

This water based tire dressing should be in every car care enthusiast’s garage, any one who enjoys working on their car will love enhancing their expensive paint job and custom car modifications with some nice looking tires.

Is there a water based tire dressing that is green and biodegradable? Yes, 3D Ultra Protectant spray

Features and Advantages of Water Based Dressing

Dressings are applied to tires to give them that shiny and new look as though the car just came out of the showroom. While all dressings used to be solvent-based, it was discovered that they caused harm to both the car and to the environment. In fact, it is the solvent-based dressing that gave wheel dressings its bad reputation for damaging tires and ruining the paint job of cars.

Water based dressing is white in appearance, water-based substances do not contain petroleum distillate liquids that can harm the tires and the paint job of the vehicle in case of a sling. Natural oils and polymers make up this water based tire dressing, which when applied, forms a high gloss long lasting shine. In order to achieve a glossy appearance, multiple layers can be applied on the wheels. Another environmentally-friendly feature of the water-based dressings is the fact that it is biodegradable, unlike other products on the market.

What`s great about water based dressing is that its application is not limited to just the wheels; this substance can also be applied to vinyl, rubber bumpers, plastic cladding, door seals, and trimmings to improve their appearance as well. Also, since this product is not sticky, it does not attract dust and grime, so the attractive appearance is maintained for a long time.

Because the dressing is relatively thin and non-greasy, it is very easy to apply and can be used straight from the bottle.

Water based dressing is a good choice if you want to attain the brand new appearance of your tires without causing any harm to them.

If you are looking for the best water based dressings then 3dProducts.com is your one stop shop!

For the best prices and the cheapest 3D Ultra Protectant buy only from 3dproducts.com where quality and price are just the beginning of bringing the best car care product into your detailing garage!

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly what the DR ordered... Nice review... Thank you:biggrin:

Reeeko99, 13 Subaru Legacy Sport White, 15 Subaru Outback Premium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good, not an obnoxious shine but not too much of a matte finish which is something I lean towards when it comes to the tires. How long does it usually last for a 24/7 outdoor vehicle? I`ll be honest, the contrast between the tire and rim is pretty sweet looking!

Personally, I`m more of a gel onto a tire applicator type, could never get the spray and walk away down without the product slinging like a mofo!
    My pride is in the details!

736 GunTrucks -Bakersfield to Bagdad-...and everywhere in between. OIF II `04-`05

Post Thanks / Like
    how does this compare to meguires hyper dressing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hyper dressing is what I use after trying many crap products, I like it because it can be diluted to your own tastes for gloss and doesn`t sling a bit. Can this be diluted in the same way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it can be diluted. It depends on the look one is after.

I apply with an applicator and there is no sling. I also spray it in wheel wells. Without touching it, it dries to a nice even finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite tire shine!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like this tire shine and use it often. I will point out a few things, from my experience.

1.If you want it shiny, spray it on and let it dwell for at least 20 minutes. As long as it settles well it will not sling.

2. If you apply with an applicator it will be much more matte, unless you do several coats.

3. Will easily last 1 week or more on a 24/7 outdoor vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    what dilution ratio for the wheel wells? 3:1?

Post Thanks / Like
    Al I usually do straight, but I have done 3:1 and 4:1 as well

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    what dilution ratio for the wheel wells? 3:1?

Post Thanks / Like
    Will be using it tonight on a brand new BRZ

Post Thanks / Like
    The client picked up the car too late and it was too dark for any type of picture taking. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    Will be using it tonight on a brand new BRZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Thomas or Barry; I`m starting my own detailing business soon (worked for others for 5+ yrs) and am in need of a dressing or two for exterior use.

I would like something that gives consistent results on many brands of tires, fast and is at least somewhat durable. If you can recommend a dressing that can be applied via foam tire swipe that would be great (ultra protectant-thick?).

I would also like something that I can use for exterior trim and wheel wells that gives a consistent, uniform finish and can be buffed to reduce dust attraction (or simply dries to the touch)- Magic Blue or Thick Dressing?

These products would be used for volume work mainly, any suggestions or further insight on the dressings 3D offers would be great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Morning - Congratulation on starting your own business.

This is my personal experience: Thick I use in wheel wells with an applicator and also when there is a lot of trim. Works very well for me. I don`t use a spray bottle with thick, I keep it in a ketchup bottle. Easier to get the product on the foam.

As far as tires, the best product is Ultra Protectant in the 3D line. The only brand of tires I dislike is Continentals. The sidewall design is such that it is hard to get a uniform shine. So in that case I actually spray Magic blue on the tires directly. That works. Normally I spray the product onto the applicator.

As far as wiping off the product, I never done in 3 years. Not once. They all dry very even (trim, tires, engine) and dry to the touch. Really dry. We demonstrated that over and over at SEMA last year.

If you have any more questions, let us know.

Good luck with the business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cant go wrong with Ultra or Magic Blue, both are great products. Magic Blue lasts longer in my experience but Ultra is more versatile and gives more shine.

Ultra is more cost effective though, would be better for you IMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information