Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    I know you wrote that you have nothing personally against me, but it really seems that you have an issue at least with the HD products. You do take every opportunity to put it down

Well, I am going to PM you my address and you send me those samples. Let me see what is going on with them Send some of each. Not too long ego there was a member who was having issues with UNO. He sent me some and sure enough, it didn`t want to wipe off. He was sent a new bottle. It is all good.

i really don`t have anything personally against you, I don`t know you, so how could I? And I don`t have an issue with HD products per se. I think, other than yourself, I`ve posted the most reviews of the new HD products, and I`ve commented about both the good and not so good results that I`ve had, so how can you even make that statement? I`ve been completely honest, I have nothing to gain or lose in my reviews, only trying to share with the community for those who have the products or those that are thinking about trying them. Everything good about the products, I`ve stated in every review I`ve posted, so I`m not really sure where you`re coming up with this supposed vendetta i have on HD. It`s a good line, it has it`s place, each products has pros and cons, and I`ve honestly stated them.

I`ll reply in PM to the sample thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if I could use Poxy on a cutting pad and get it to cut the same amount as Speed? If it`s the pad doing the cutting, I`d think it would work and you`d end up with an even more durable finish.

Also, I can and do use M105 on a foam applicator or MF towel to hand polish small areas and it works great. I use it regularly on a foam pad to polish wiper arms, for example. They come up beautifully.

Post Thanks / Like
    I said it is both the pad and the polish that does the cutting.

I also said to wipe 105 on very gently with a finishing foam, not rub it. Rubbing create friction and heat, it is what aids the polish.

Trying to make a point, that it is both the pad and the product that gives the cut.

You can do the experiment, let me know what you find out. See how well a cutting pad cuts. But while you are at it, why not just use water and a cutting pad. You will be amazed at the cut it will do.

Enjoy your weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    If Speed contributes to the cut, then it would cut with any pad. Correct?

Nothing personal, but I too can see you`re talking in circles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you 2 are finally getting somewhere constructive. Bout time lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct. Even using it with a soft foam by hand it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisguga
    If Speed contributes to the cut, then it would cut with any pad. Correct?

Nothing personal, but I too can see you`re talking in circles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct me if I`m wrong...but abrasives are abrasives. There are abrasives in speed therefore it cuts. The pad will of course make a difference in the amount of cut. Its not necessarily the pad doing the cutting, but it makes a huge difference. I don`t think Tom is talking in circles about that. It should be common sense that any product will cut better with a cutting pad versus a finishing pad. Otherwise pads wuld make no difference and there would just be one pad used for all applications.

I`m beginning to get lost as to what`s going on here...

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly. we`ve never had it so good before. more pad materials to choose from (around 10) and variations between the same family of material

Lots of factors to consider with pads. surface tension, pores per inch, density, material type, nap thickness, amount of cushioning the pad has within itself, open and closed cell european and american foams etc

with wool a lower nap thickness means more cut (older and thinner the pad the better they get at correction) and the less plys, the more too. for instance CSI 1 ply untwistedpad is stronger than a conventional 4 ply twisted.

Actually you may of hit on something there brownbobo6 - I firmly believe that we will not only see more pad materials being released by 2020 but a pad or two that are universal, which perhaps could be used in different ways/techniques to do the entire process by itself. correction, light polishing, finishing and jewelling with the use of a single polish system of your choice

anything is possible
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any abrasive polish and pad combination is only as fine as its coarsest component. All abrasive polishes are ‘foam pad and applied pressure dependant’ as far as their paint correction abilities are concerned. Any abrasive / pad combination is reliant upon its most abrasive component.

If we consider the Lake County (LC) White foam (50 PPI) polishing pad as the baseline; any polish used will derive help from the abrasive abilities of the foam. Then consider the LC Blue (70 PPI) finishing pad has no abrasive ability and will contribute nothing to the cutting capability of a polish.

What is derived from this is that a polishes abrasive ability can be ‘fine tuned’ by using different combinations (abrasiveness) of polish and foam (the same thing is true of wool pads) and of course differing the amount of downward pressure (10-15 Lbs is the usual range) applied will also have an effect on the abrasives capability

Different pad / product combinations (least abrasive pad / polish first)

a) Base pad / product (least abrasive pad / product) if this combination does not provide the desired results, increase the aggressiveness of the technique or product selection.

b) Step-up 1 - using the same pad with a more abrasive product

c) Step-up II – use a less abrasive pad and the same product as used in step-up I

d) Step-up III- using the same pad with a more abrasive product

As can been ascertained from the above the total abrasive ability of a polish / foam pad combination is subject to many variables, the polishes abrasive ability is just the starting point
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man do you ever not have answers for everything? LOL

Since this is a discussion on SPEED, i got a chance to use it more on a black 2012 Regal for our used lot. Great stuff really. Now i want to know where this product could be used when it comes to express details etc.. What type of package would one offer with speed or when would it be the right product to use out side of production work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good thread lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta say that after using speed for a while I really like it. Sure durability isn`t fantastic, but everything else is top notch. Easy to use and stunning results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Speed is a great go-to product for me whenever I`ve spent too much time on a really nasty interior and need to make up some time. I can use it on a vehicle and feel like I have not compromised my standards, even though I`ve spent less time then I would like to.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I gotta say that after using speed for a while I really like it. Sure durability isn`t fantastic, but everything else is top notch. Easy to use and stunning results.

You should`ve tried our original aussie version that was UNO-based instead of POLISH-based. Awesome correction ability and finished out very nicely too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    You should`ve tried our original aussie version that was UNO-based instead of POLISH-based. Awesome correction ability and finished out very nicely too.

Oh, now *that* might`ve really turned my crank! Every now and then I wish I had an AIO that`d cut better than...say, ZAIO. Like a modern version of 1Z Paint Polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I gotta say that after using speed for a while I really like it. Sure durability isn`t fantastic..

Heh heh...[insert my usual "top that AIO!" bit here :chuckle: ]

So this gonna replace ZAIO for you? Seems like it was just yesterday that you convinced me to try that stuff (with generally great results).

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information