Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brownbob06
    How about "what speed and machine are you using? How much pressure? What pads? How many passes are you making? How big of an area are you working on? I can personally finish out great with this product, try (insert helpful tip) and let me know if things get better.

A little bit of genuine interest in helping people goes a long way.

Since you are talking about RZ, here is what he said about himself

Sorry Thomas, it`s not user error, I`m no rookie, and I know what I`m doing,

I really thought from his previous posts, that he was a pro doing it for a living, so "in this case" asking the suggested questions would have been disrespectful in my opinion.

Believe it or not, I have genuine interest in helping him and everyone else. Not sure why you would think that I don`t really care. Anyway.

I`ve given UNO many, many tries, on many cars, with many different pads and polishers, and i just don`t like the marring it leaves behind.

The above statement concerns me the most - with the exception of flat black paints "I" have been able to use UNO from start to finish and had not 1 case where UNO didn`t finish LSP ready. Even the original version finished perfect for me, though, the variety would haze if overworked. One quick extra pass would remove the hazing and leave an LSP ready finish. How much better the latest UNO is, I can`t even tell you. The previous version, V4, we demonstrated at SEMA, in front of thousands on flat black paint, using a rotary. Even Tom Horvath tried it out and liked the finish UNO left behind, and the panel was sanded first with 1200 grit paper. You`d use UNO with a wool to cut, orange to polish, and red to finish. The 2010 or 2011 Japanese detailing (who knew such competition existed) champion also really enjoyed using it and could not believe that we asked him to use 1 product with 3 pads. Jason Kilmer was another very well known detailer who loved the product. I could go on and on about how many others were impressed with HD UNO, but that is not important for now.

So, if RZ says he has done all he could with a variety of polishers and pad combinations, and UNO mars no matter what, I can think of 2 possibilities. He was sent a "defective" product, somehow the formula was wrong, after all his bottle of HD POLISH he also had issues with (the product is too thick and he didn`t like it much if I recall correctly) or it is his detailing skills. If there is another possibility, please point it out. I say only 2, because UNO is a very easy product to use.

So I will ask RZ to send me a sample, and I will test it. Don`t worry, I`ll pay for shipping and if it is the product, I will pay for a new bottle for him and refund his initial purchase including shipping.

Sincerely

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...2007-335i.html

This is the time when I started with UNO. Look at the date. Look at all my other threads, see how I sound about HD UNO

Have a good evening.

HD UNO - flex 3401 orange pad from Patrick

ZAIO - pcxp gray 3m pad

Z2 - flex 3401 green ccs pad

Z8

Z16 x2 on tires

FK1 FX100 on wheels

You proved my point. You may have used UNO when it came out, also when the company gave many of the "pros" on autopia free product to use. But look at the other products you used. I dont see another 3D/HD product listed. Why is that? If you now say all their products are the best how come you were not using them. Im sure all the products were available in 2007. Its because you werent working for them.

I never said a business should not promote their products, they absolutely should. My point was that you shouldnt be rude and criticize someone who is giving their opinion on a product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don`t understand your posts.

One can be either right or happy. You can`t be both. I want to be happy.

So I will leave it at that.

It seems that you want to be right. At least get your facts rights. Because from where I am reading your posts, you are not doing a very good job.

2007? What is that?

BTW, I paid for all those bottles of UNO. I sure wasn`t one who received free stuff.

And please quote where I said all their products are the best?

Quote Originally Posted by gooshster
    HD UNO - flex 3401 orange pad from Patrick

ZAIO - pcxp gray 3m pad

Z2 - flex 3401 green ccs pad

Z8

Z16 x2 on tires

FK1 FX100 on wheels

You proved my point. You may have used UNO when it came out, also when the company gave many of the "pros" on autopia free product to use. But look at the other products you used. I dont see another 3D/HD product listed. Why is that? If you now say all their products are the best how come you were not using them. Im sure all the products were available in 2007. Its because you werent working for them.

I never said a business should not promote their products, they absolutely should. My point was that you shouldnt be rude and criticize someone who is giving their opinion on a product.

Post Thanks / Like
    This was the very first panel I used HD UNO V1 on.

HD UNO, with the HD UNO orange pad. (no longer available) PCXP, speed 6, lots of pressure, and worked it in real good. there was some hazing, so added 1 small drop of UNO and quickly went over the area. Wiped off the residue and this is what I saw.

This was sometimes in August 2009 and I didn`t know of another product that could do this using a PC.

I was exited to say the least.

June 10 2012

HD UNO, Original Optimum Micro Fiber pad, Griots PC, speed 5 little pressure

I started with this

P1080630 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

After 1 pass, UNO wiped off with no effort, revealing an LSP ready finish

P1080633 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

HD UNO, Original Optimum Micro Fiber pad, Griots PC, speed 5 little pressure[/B]

Was that the Optimum Cutting Pad or Polishing Pad??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    Was that the Optimum Cutting Pad or Polishing Pad??

Cutting pad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Oh boy, the ignorant card...lol. I know the results I get with it on various paints. So either I`m ignorant and have magical power when it comes to detailing, or more likely you lack the skills to use the product.

The reason so many products are sold as professional only, is because of that fact, application is not bubba proof. Certain products.... Meguiars.... are loaded with oils. You can use them incorrectly and still get great results.

WHen I say ignorant, it`s not you as a person, it`s your knowledge about others who don`t get certain results. Unless you are actually there and see for yourself something isn`t being done crrectly, you can`t say it`s user error or they`re not doing it right. I only used myself as an example.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    I used Speed with a B&S Orange pad on hard VW paint on speed 6--it removed 95% of the light to medium wash marring and finished great. However, I did need to do 6 firm pressure passes and 2 lighter pressure passes so it took some time but was ready for LSP afterwards.

With that many passes, wouldn`t it have been easier/quicker to just polish it and top it off with an LSP? If you make enough passes with almost anything, it will eventually cut some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    With that many passes, wouldn`t it have been easier/quicker to just polish it and top it off with an LSP? If you make enough passes with almost anything, it will eventually cut some.

Yea, I think that would have been a better approach, but I was evaluating Speed so I could write a review from a beginners point of view. As a newbie to Machine Polishing I found Speed very easy to use and forgiving with great results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you are talking about RZ, here is what he said about himself

I really thought from his previous posts, that he was a pro doing it for a living, so "in this case" asking the suggested questions would have been disrespectful in my opinion.

Believe it or not, I have genuine interest in helping him and everyone else. Not sure why you would think that I don`t really care. Anyway.

The above statement concerns me the most - with the exception of flat black paints "I" have been able to use UNO from start to finish and had not 1 case where UNO didn`t finish LSP ready. Even the original version finished perfect for me, though, the variety would haze if overworked. One quick extra pass would remove the hazing and leave an LSP ready finish. How much better the latest UNO is, I can`t even tell you. The previous version, V4, we demonstrated at SEMA, in front of thousands on flat black paint, using a rotary. Even Tom Horvath tried it out and liked the finish UNO left behind, and the panel was sanded first with 1200 grit paper. You`d use UNO with a wool to cut, orange to polish, and red to finish. The 2010 or 2011 Japanese detailing (who knew such competition existed) champion also really enjoyed using it and could not believe that we asked him to use 1 product with 3 pads. Jason Kilmer was another very well known detailer who loved the product. I could go on and on about how many others were impressed with HD UNO, but that is not important for now.

So, if RZ says he has done all he could with a variety of polishers and pad combinations, and UNO mars no matter what, I can think of 2 possibilities. He was sent a "defective" product, somehow the formula was wrong, after all his bottle of HD POLISH he also had issues with (the product is too thick and he didn`t like it much if I recall correctly) or it is his detailing skills. If there is another possibility, please point it out. I say only 2, because UNO is a very easy product to use.

So I will ask RZ to send me a sample, and I will test it. Don`t worry, I`ll pay for shipping and if it is the product, I will pay for a new bottle for him and refund his initial purchase including shipping.

Sincerely

You assumed I`m a pro, I only said I know what I`m doing as everything else I`ve tried works well, some better than others, but still well. Concerning UNO, I thought with all the hype I`ve read about it being the greatest thing since sliced bread, it would blow me away, make 105 look like a fools toy, my expectations were way up in the sky and I was extremely anxious to jump on it and use it as my mainstay. Maybe that`s why I was so disappointed with the results, I set myself up for failure, who knows? I only really compared it to 105 since that`s what I wanted it to replace, anything to get rid of that nasty dusting. But my results weren`t as yours have been, and others obviously. And keep in mind, I used UNO with H20 pads (which with everything else, finish down almost LSP if not LSP ready) and Megs MF cutting pads, and there`s no way it could finish LSP ready by itself, I have no idea how you are doing it or what`s really going on. Maybe the paints you have used it on are just night and day different than what I used it on, I don`t know.

It`s possible it`s a defective product since my HD Polish is clumpy and thick, as you saw in the picture I posted, when it`s supposed to be more fluid like, I can`t really say. Maybe the Speed I got in the same order was defective also, I really can`t say. If you want me to send them all back I can, no problem. But I`m sure the results will be, they`re just fine, it must be user error.

Post Thanks / Like
    This was the very first panel I used HD UNO V1 on.

HD UNO, with the HD UNO orange pad. (no longer available) PCXP, speed 6, lots of pressure, and worked it in real good. there was some hazing, so added 1 small drop of UNO and quickly went over the area. Wiped off the residue and this is what I saw.

This was sometimes in August 2009 and I didn`t know of another product that could do this using a PC.

I was exited to say the least.

June 10 2012

HD UNO, Original Optimum Micro Fiber pad, Griots PC, speed 5 little pressure

I started with this

P1080630 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

After 1 pass, UNO wiped off with no effort, revealing an LSP ready finish

P1080633 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

So you got that finish and results with JUST UNO and a MF pad, nothing else? How many passes did it take you?

Post Thanks / Like

And please quote where I said all their products are the best?

I tried (used to use Meg`s) both and it is a better product. Smell about the same (nothing fancy), but the lack of suds that you get with Meg`s is non existent. You would love it doing carpets. Not even in the same category. Meg`s to me was very limited as far as where I would use it. This one is very gentle yet cleans better. I use it everywhere. Really like it on cleaning leather

My go to product for wheels and engine cleaning

I use this product on every single detail.

My Favorite waterless product.

I love HD Free, best waterless wash there is, is this the same stuff? I agree Dan, I love using HD FREE. Use it on anything I can.

HD POXY along with HD UNO were the 2 products that changed my professional life as a detailer. After the first detail, I was hooked. I couldn`t believe how much simpler and easier it was while you use a lot less too! Using only 2 products, yet the gloss/shine was noticeably better. That was August of 2009. I have been using these 2 products ever since. I thought you used Uno in 2007, but you began only using Uno in 2009 This is the product list from a detail by you posted on 10/28/09,

wash

clay

105 wool rotary

105 orange flex

205 green flex

ultra fina blue (some areas) flex

PS black flex

Z8

TW tire gel
    Dont see a mention of Uno or Poxy here, or anything 3D/HD as a matter of fact

Do you want unbeatable shine? CHECK!

Do you want gloss that is unmatched? CHECK!

Do you want very long lasting protection? CHECK! Try ANY Wax or Sealant against NITRO SEAL and you`ll see which product you prefer.

Since I first ordered this product awhile back, this has been the only car soap on my cars.

Out of all the cleaners for windows that I have used regularly, this product is in another class. This is the most user friendly window cleaner I have tried.

Seems someone doesnt have their facts correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes sir! Not sure how many passes I did, I have a unique style - I polish slowly. So instead of doing 6 passes I may do 2 max 3 and get the result, so that would not be helpful.

But don`t forget, the thread I started said the easiest paint I have worked on so far. I mean I pretty much corrected the whole car in 9 or so hours

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    So you got that finish and results with JUST UNO and a MF pad, nothing else? How many passes did it take you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes sir! Not sure how many passes I did, I have a unique style - I polish slowly. So instead of doing 6 passes I may do 2 max 3 and get the result, so that would not be helpful.

But don`t forget, the thread I started said the easiest paint I have worked on so far. I mean I pretty much corrected the whole car in 9 or so hours

That IS truly amazing then, or that paint just kept moving around to cover up swirls lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought you used Uno in 2007, but you began only using Uno in 2009

Do you know when UNO was first available?

Quote Originally Posted by gooshster
    I tried (used to use Meg`s) both and it is a better product. Smell about the same (nothing fancy), but the lack of suds that you get with Meg`s is non existent. You would love it doing carpets. Not even in the same category. Meg`s to me was very limited as far as where I would use it. This one is very gentle yet cleans better. I use it everywhere. Really like it on cleaning leather

My go to product for wheels and engine cleaning

I use this product on every single detail.

My Favorite waterless product.

I love HD Free, best waterless wash there is, is this the same stuff? I agree Dan, I love using HD FREE. Use it on anything I can.

HD POXY along with HD UNO were the 2 products that changed my professional life as a detailer. After the first detail, I was hooked. I couldn`t believe how much simpler and easier it was while you use a lot less too! Using only 2 products, yet the gloss/shine was noticeably better. That was August of 2009. I have been using these 2 products ever since. I thought you used Uno in 2007, but you began only using Uno in 2009 This is the product list from a detail by you posted on 10/28/09,

wash

clay

105 wool rotary

105 orange flex

205 green flex

ultra fina blue (some areas) flex

PS black flex

Z8

TW tire gel
    Dont see a mention of Uno or Poxy here, or anything 3D/HD as a matter of fact

Do you want unbeatable shine? CHECK!

Do you want gloss that is unmatched? CHECK!

Do you want very long lasting protection? CHECK! Try ANY Wax or Sealant against NITRO SEAL and you`ll see which product you prefer.

Since I first ordered this product awhile back, this has been the only car soap on my cars.

Out of all the cleaners for windows that I have used regularly, this product is in another class. This is the most user friendly window cleaner I have tried.

Seems someone doesnt have their facts correct.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information