Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I can most definitely do it faster with SPEED/POXY

Especially if you are working with black/dark colors, a product like SPEED will finish flawless vs a dedicated product that may need another step.

IF you do it for a living. If you are doing your own, that is another story.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not go with 3D Polish and then follow with Poxy? You`ll get more cut with the polish since it is not watered down with a sealant, you`ll see the finish as it is (no filling issues) and then you move on to your protection step.

I`m not sure how pro vs DIY has anything to do with how long it takes to do stuff. I have four cars in my driveway, and very little time, so trust me, split seconds all the time. I have a clock in my garage and time most of the stuff I do, and my time is really important to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan - if a pro does a one step with an All In One (AIO) he is not going for cut. Same with uno. you are just polishing really. But no need to go back and forth.

Post Thanks / Like
    does speed fill ? what about Poxy?

Post Thanks / Like
    No

Neither does POXY - not for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    Dan - if a pro does a one step with an All In One (AIO) he is not going for cut. Same with uno. you are just polishing really. But no need to go back and forth.

Right, I wasn`t saying they were cutting, just the amount of paint polishing/cut. Regardless, I think it still stands, but whatever works for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Why not go with 3D Polish and then follow with Poxy? You`ll get more cut with the polish since it is not watered down with a sealant, you`ll see the finish as it is (no filling issues) and then you move on to your protection step.

I`m not sure how pro vs DIY has anything to do with how long it takes to do stuff. I have four cars in my driveway, and very little time, so trust me, split seconds all the time. I have a clock in my garage and time most of the stuff I do, and my time is really important to me.
    This is my opinion and situation too. Of course, on my car I Opti-Coated it, but I`d rather just go with 205 and a good sealant/wax than do multiple Speed steps to achieve the same thing.

I do like Speed and I`m going to use it today on a patient`s wife`s car (patient from my regular job) who doesn`t have a lot of money so I told them I`d detail it for $50 more as a gift than anything. It`ll work well enough for a $50 detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    What does everyone think about multilayering Speed? Meaning using an orange cut pad or cutting MF disc, then using a finishing pad, both with speed?

This will obviously increase the defect removal properties but will the multilayering increase the durability?

I`ve got a Roush Mustang tomorrow and might try this, will report back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IHA Mark
    What does everyone think about multilayering Speed? Meaning using an orange cut pad or cutting MF disc, then using a finishing pad, both with speed?

This will obviously increase the defect removal properties but will the multilayering increase the durability?

I`ve got a Roush Mustang tomorrow and might try this, will report back.

I polished the hood of my car with HD SPEED last week. On one half I used a Hydrotech Cyan pad, then I followed with a Tangerine pad, and then the Crimson pad. On the other side I just used the Tangerine and Crimson. I will report back if the durabilities are different [which I highly doubt they will be]. I also hand polished a portion of my roof at the same time that I machine polished my hood. I am curious if SPEED`s durability is greater when applied via machine application versus hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Layering will remove the previous layer, but finishing with a soft pad should result in a nicer, sharper finish though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke
    I polished the hood of my car with HD SPEED last week. On one half I used a Hydrotech Cyan pad, then I followed with a Tangerine pad, and then the Crimson pad. On the other side I just used the Tangerine and Crimson. I will report back if the durabilities are different [which I highly doubt they will be]. I also hand polished a portion of my roof at the same time that I machine polished my hood. I am curious if SPEED`s durability is greater when applied via machine application versus hand.

Not sure why you used Speed with three different pads?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    Not sure why you used Speed with three different pads?

To see if the correction and finishing ability was improved with subsequently less aggressive pads. In the 3D DA kit that is coming out, they have speed with a cutting, polishing, and finish pad as it will work with all 3. That is why I did it.

Post Thanks / Like
    To see if the correction and finishing ability was improved with subsequently less aggressive pads. In the 3D DA kit that is coming out, they have speed with a cutting, polishing, and finish pad as it will work with all 3. That is why I did it.

So what did you notice between the three pads in terms of cutting ability? How many passes did you do with each pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    So what did you notice between the three pads in terms of cutting ability? How many passes did you do with each pad?

I made 4 passes with the Cyan, and then 4 passes with the Tangerine at speed 5, and then 4 passes at speed 4 with the Tangerine. With the crimson I made 4 passes as well.

I noticed that the Tangerine can cut as well as the cyan and finish as well as the Crimson when it came to SPEED. If I were to have made a few passes with Tangerine at a higher speed and then a few finishing passes it would have done the same [which is good and pad, not additional cut noticed by me, but it would save time to use just 1 pad]. The more SPEED in the pad, the less cut and effectiveness, so it is key to keep the pads pores unclogged as much as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made 4 passes with the Cyan, and then 4 passes with the Tangerine at speed 5, and then 4 passes at speed 4 with the Tangerine. With the crimson I made 4 passes as well.

I noticed that the Tangerine can cut as well as the cyan and finish as well as the Crimson when it came to SPEED. If I were to have made a few passes with Tangerine at a higher speed and then a few finishing passes it would have done the same [which is good and pad, not additional cut noticed by me, but it would save time to use just 1 pad]. The more SPEED in the pad, the less cut and effectiveness, so it is key to keep the pads pores unclogged as much as possible.

Excellent advice!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information