Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that you just want to be right, so here it is: SPEED ranks last of all AIO products.

How can I rate it except to say that it will clean.

Here is an example for you, but I am not sure if a white pad is soft enough in your book.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...ed-detail.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    I think that you just want to be right, so here it is: SPEED ranks last of all AIO products.

OK, nevermind. Maybe someone else will chime in with answers instead of dancing around it. Thanks for the great info.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have given you many HONEST answers to your misleading posts. Not sure what it is you want to hear. For some reason the product doesn`t perform in most cases for you. You claim to be a pro detailer. What can anyone say that would satisfy you? My guess is that you want others to agree with you. After all, you are a pro, you should be able to make it work.

SPEED CUTS, CLEANS AND LEAVES PROTECTION BEHIND.

It says right on the label. If a product doesn`t work to your satisfaction, it may not be the product for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have given you many HONEST answers to your misleading posts. Not sure what it is you want to hear. For some reason the product doesn`t perform in most cases for you. You claim to be a pro detailer. What can anyone say that would satisfy you? My guess is that you want others to agree with you. After all, you are a pro, you should be able to make it work.

SPEED CUTS, CLEANS AND LEAVES PROTECTION BEHIND.

It says right on the label. If a product doesn`t work to your satisfaction, it may not be the product for you.

I never said I`m a PRO, I said I`m no rookie. My posts are anything but misleading, again you try to discredit me because I don`t agree with you automatically. On the contrary, I`ve posted several reviews where the product worked very well and I said so, you`re simply being very defensive for some reason and are giving biased answers, and along the way attempting to make me look like I just don`t know what I`m doing. If that`s the extent you have to go to in order to make your point, then perhaps you are in the wrong position at 3D.. Maybe they could use you as a demonstrator at trade shows instead of a customer service rep.

Either way, I know what your cookie cutter answers are, maybe someone else has an unbiased opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    My goodness!

You complain that SPEED doesn`t cut with a finishing pad. My response: that you should use a finishing pad to FINISH. NOT to cut.

You don`t like that answer. Sorry. I really am.

For the record, I am not trying to discredit you, but you seem to not understand some very basic detailing principals.

Finishing pads are for finishing, cutting pads are for leveling, cutting. It is as simple as that. In general, use a compound with cutting pad, final polish with the finishing pad.

AIO products are ALL IN ONE - meaning that the product will do a good job of all 3 (usually) steps it was designed to do. Clean well, Polish well, Protect well.

Using a finishing pad with an all in one product and expecting great leveling abilities leaves me with some questions.

If SPEED can`t remove dead paint like KAIO, use KAIO and do an extra step with SPEED to get a better look. Your customers will appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    RZJZA80 - You had your answer right here, nearly 5 hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I`ve tried almost every quality AIO out there, nothing comes close to KAIO for cleaning ability. It is in a league of its own. M66 is the next closest in my book. D151 is a few rungs down from that.

Post Thanks / Like
    My goodness!

You complain that SPEED doesn`t cut with a finishing pad. My response: that you should use a finishing pad to FINISH. NOT to cut.

You don`t like that answer. Sorry. I really am.

For the record, I am not trying to discredit you, but you seem to not understand some very basic detailing principals.

Finishing pads are for finishing, cutting pads are for leveling, cutting. It is as simple as that. In general, use a compound with cutting pad, final polish with the finishing pad.

AIO products are ALL IN ONE - meaning that the product will do a good job of all 3 (usually) steps it was designed to do. Clean well, Polish well, Protect well.

Using a finishing pad with an all in one product and expecting great leveling abilities leaves me with some questions.

If SPEED can`t remove dead paint like KAIO, use KAIO and do an extra step with SPEED to get a better look. Your customers will appreciate it.

That`s all fine and good, and I fully understand what pad types are used for what purpose, and you trying to say I don`t understand principals in insulting as best. You took a post about it`s actual cleaning ability, which should be there even with a finishing pad (like other products called AIO), and want to just respond to it`s cutting ability, which I quickly mentioned in my original post in ONE sentence. Even if it didn`t have cut I wouldn`t care, it`s easy to use and provides a good shine, I only questioned the cleaning part. But it`s fine, I`ll figure it out. Thanks for the great info.

Post Thanks / Like
    RZJZA80 - You had your answer right here, nearly 5 hours ago.

I had one person`s answer, I thought by page two, I`d have the HD experts answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    All I know is that speed leaves a stunning marr free finish that I am reluctant to top off because it might take away from the looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lkotsios
    All I know is that speed leaves a stunning marr free finish that I am reluctant to top off because it might take away from the looks.

Yes, I agree, the finish it leaves IS very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    If KAIO removed the dead paint and SPEED didn`t, KAIO is a better cleaner. Dan agreed with you, (unbiased since that is what you were asking for) yet now you want HD to reply with an answer?

Use what works. It is ok to try new products, but if it doesn`t work for you, how can anyone tell you otherwise? I suggested to use a cutting pad to remove dead paint with SPEED. You said I am not being helpful, because KAIO can clean the paint with a finishing pad. How hard is it to figure it out? Stay with KAIO to remove dead paint.

As far as that "ONE sentence" - it is misinformation, and a very damaging one at that to 3D. Of course I make a big deal of it, I spent 2 HOT days testing it in the worst conditions. Not only did it worked, it worked better than I expected it. It CAN cut very well with the right tools. So when I read that someone writes that SPEED can only remove "very very light swirls" (your words), of course I am going to defend the product and the company I work for - because the info you provided is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    That`s all fine and good, and I fully understand what pad types are used for what purpose, and you trying to say I don`t understand principals in insulting as best. You took a post about it`s actual cleaning ability, which should be there even with a finishing pad (like other products called AIO), and want to just respond to it`s cutting ability, which I quickly mentioned in my original post in ONE sentence. Even if it didn`t have cut I wouldn`t care, it`s easy to use and provides a good shine, I only questioned the cleaning part. But it`s fine, I`ll figure it out. Thanks for the great info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me see if I can put some figures to this...

KAIO:

Chemical cleaning ability:11

Polishing ability:0

Durability:2

Speed:

Chemical cleaning ability: 2ish? I dunno, I haven`t used mine much

Polishing ability:4-6

Durabilityrobably better than KAIO

KAIO can cut through oxidation with out any abrasives, it also is great on any sort of stuff stuck to your paint. You don`t need abrasives to remove oxidation!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dan! Great info.

Post Thanks / Like
    If KAIO removed the dead paint and SPEED didn`t, KAIO is a better cleaner. Dan agreed with you, (unbiased since that is what you were asking for) yet now you want HD to reply with an answer?

Use what works. It is ok to try new products, but if it doesn`t work for you, how can anyone tell you otherwise? I suggested to use a cutting pad to remove dead paint with SPEED. You said I am not being helpful, because KAIO can clean the paint with a finishing pad. How hard is it to figure it out? Stay with KAIO to remove dead paint.

As far as that "ONE sentence" - it is misinformation, and a very damaging one at that to 3D. Of course I make a big deal of it, I spent 2 HOT days testing it in the worst conditions. Not only did it worked, it worked better than I expected it. It CAN cut very well with the right tools. So when I read that someone writes that SPEED can only remove "very very light swirls" (your words), of course I am going to defend the product and the company I work for - because the info you provided is not true.

Now I thought it was advertised as having light cut. Misinformation seems to be in the eye of the beholder. To you it is, to me it`s not. You`ve gotten good cut from it using cutting pads, that`s great. I`m using it as it`s advertised, and the name "Speed". If I`m going to use a cutting pad and multiple passes to achieve the results I want, I`ll just use compound and cut down on the number of passes it would have to take. So, the info I provided is MY real world results, so no you can`t simply say it`s not true. Don`t get me wrong, you`re doing what an employee is supposed to do. But anyway, going back and forth isn`t getting us anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Let me see if I can put some figures to this...

You don`t need abrasives to remove oxidation!

Thank you, that`s what I`ve been asking all along. That`s why I thought an AIO should be able to perform regardless of the pad used, as I always use soft finishing pads with Klasse.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information