Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I used UNO AC this weekend, and it left marring behind, even with a polishing pad. The marring was easily removed wit HD polish and a finishing pad. HD polish is THE BOMB!!! Anyhow, does HD speed have the tendency to marr, even on soft paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6
    I used UNO AC this weekend, and it left marring behind, even with a polishing pad. The marring was easily removed wit HD polish and a finishing pad. HD polish is THE BOMB!!! Anyhow, does HD speed have the tendency to marr, even on soft paint?

I will say no, speed doesn`t have enough cut to mar anything unless it`s used with a very abrasive cutting pad. I`ve used it with both tangerine and crimson H20 pads and it`s fine, barely any cut at all and finishes down mar free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    I will say no, speed doesn`t have enough cut to mar anything unless it`s used with a very abrasive cutting pad. I`ve used it with both tangerine and crimson H20 pads and it`s fine, barely any cut at all and finishes down mar free.
    Cool. I was thinking of using it with a tangerine pad, too. Does this combo have at least decent cut?

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool. I was thinking of using it with a tangerine pad, too. Does this combo have at least decent cut?

I wouldn`t really say decent cut, although I`ve tried it twice and both had harder clears. I guess it would have decent cut on a softer clear, but I`ll find out this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    HD Speed isn`t made to have all that much cut. It seems to be made to take out micro-marring and minor scuffs, while it polishes to a nice shiny finish and leaves behind a coat of even shinier protection. It finishes beautifully, but I wouldn`t expect a lot of cut, even with a heavier pad.
    ---------------------

Ah...so many pedestrians, so little time...

- Robin Williams

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if it`s only effective on soft clears with minor defects, I think I`ll pass. I mainly come across daily drivers that are heavily swirled, so I don`t think it would really benefit me. I`ve never been a fan of AIO`s, but I thought this one might be different. This is not a knock on SPEED, FWIW...

Post Thanks / Like
    It should do ok on hard clears as well, with the right pad. However, you`re not going to get more than minor correction with it, no matter how you use it. It would probably remove heavy swirls, with enough time and effort; but you`re likely better off spending your time with something more aggressive, like HD Polish; though you could finish with Speed, if you really wanted to use it.
    ---------------------

- Robin Williams

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mark, its good to see you posting here.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryoken0367
    but you`re likely better off spending your time with something more aggressive, like HD Polish;
    As far as I know, SPEED is more aggressive than POLISH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean
    Hey Mark, its good to see you posting here.
    Hey bud, I`m really enjoying this forum! How r u? Sorry I missed you when you were in town. I`ve been very busy with everything!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you have that backwards. Polish should be more aggressive than Speed.

From the hdcarcare website:

Speed: Removes light to moderate surface scratches and swirl marks.

Polish: is the most effective way to remove light to moderate paint defects for the highest shine possible.

I believe Polish is going to be more aggressive, it uses the same type of abrasives as Uno, so should respond to pad choice a lot more than Speed is going to.
    ---------------------

- Robin Williams

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryoken0367
    I think you have that backwards. Polish should be more aggressive than Speed.

From the hdcarcare website:

Speed: Removes light to moderate surface scratches and swirl marks.

Polish: is the most effective way to remove light to moderate paint defects for the highest shine possible.

I believe Polish is going to be more aggressive, it uses the same type of abrasives as Uno, so should respond to pad choice a lot more than Speed is going to.
    Whoops, my fault! I could have swore I read somewhere that speed is more aggresive, but I just spoke with Javier at 3D, and he said that polish is more aggressive. Poilsh finishes extremely well for being able to remove moderate defects, even on soft paint!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey bud, I`m really enjoying this forum! How r u? Sorry I missed you when you were in town. I`ve been very busy with everything!

Im doing very well. Just got into my new shop and my product line is blowing up. I think you will find that this forum, its members and the parent company, 3D International are amazing in all ways. I have all but stopped posting on other forums.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean
    my product line is blowing up.

:clap: :cooleek: :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    HD Speed struggle with marring?

From the description of this thread it would come off as Speed having difficulty with removing marring? Which in my opinion hasn`t been the case. But, as we read further into this thread we learn that you are having problems with UNO on soft paint in regards to it leaving marring behind. I can say that this would probably be the case seeing that UNO (Advanced Cut) is no longer has a "1 product for all applications" designation. UNO AC, as a result, will tend to cut more and leave marring behind. That`s why they now created a finishing polish to handle the cleanup chore created by this extra cut. As you move forward with higher powered polishing compounds, you run the risk of loosing its finishing abilites.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information