Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to detailing and have purchased the HD Uno Advanced Cut and the HD Uno Poxy for detailing my wife`s Infiniti G37 black paint. I also purchased a PC 7424XP and the white, green, and red pads.

Unfortunately the videos I have seen on correction using the HD Uno have not been all that informative. My wife`s car is swirled pretty good and I would like a basic idea of what I need to do to start and then step down using this product.

I don`t really know if the white pad will be too aggressive or not and want to know if I should start with the green pad first. Also from a few videos I have seen no more product is put on the pad but just a spray of water as I change to the finishing pad?

Are these two products all I will need to get the car gleaming the way it should?

Thanks,

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceValium
    I am new to detailing and have purchased the HD Uno Advanced Cut and the HD Uno Poxy for detailing my wife`s Infiniti G37 black paint. I also purchased a PC 7424XP and the white, green, and red pads.

Unfortunately the videos I have seen on correction using the HD Uno have not been all that informative. My wife`s car is swirled pretty good and I would like a basic idea of what I need to do to start and then step down using this product.

I`m realatively new to machine polishing myself and feel your pain--Unfortunately there isn`t a good "How To" video for the correct use of UNO. The best thing you can do is read through as many of the threads in this section and the Machine Polishing section as you can that apply to using UNO.

I don`t really know if the white pad will be too aggressive or not and want to know if I should start with the green pad first. Also from a few videos I have seen no more product is put on the pad but just a spray of water as I change to the finishing pad?

You need to do a test section--start with the green, if that`s not aggressive enough move to the white--you may need orange if that`s not enough--no spray of water on the pad using UNO--if you have used white and want to do another step wipe off spent product -- put new product on the pad and continue polishing.

Are these two products all I will need to get the car gleaming the way it should?

As I said you may need orange pads in addition to the white--if the paint is very soft and none metallic black you may need HD Finish to get the final finish marring free.

Thanks,

Rob

In general with UNO "Less is More"--prime the pad with 3 or 4 pea size drops--then add a pea size drop for the next section--clean your pad on the fly often. While not specifically for use with UNO there are allot of good articles and video`s here Articles by Mike Phillips - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum Read and watch as much as you can and if you have an older not as important car you can practice on that would be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply Pwaug...I have read about the HD Free...am I supposed to be using a shot of it every time I put product on the car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure - start with the Green pad and evaluate your results. If that doesn`t work, then step up the pad choice. The same goes for finishing. Please note that when using the new UNO AC on certain dark/soft paints that HD Polish can/will certainly step up your final results.

Keep your pad clean, don`t overapply product (4-5 drops), and don`t overwork the product. It likes to stay wet, so you can even start with a spritz of QD/water to assist.

Let us know how it works.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceValium
    Thanks for the reply Pwaug...I have read about the HD Free...am I supposed to be using a shot of it every time I put product on the car?

Not HD Free (waterless wash) but HD Touch which is the QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaug
    Not HD Free (waterless wash) but HD Touch which is the QD.

Ah ok gotcha

Thread Information