Post Thanks / Like
    As promised

I will start by saying that this test is in no way to the caliber that I see others on here perform and provide for the community, I will also state that neither photography or writing reviews/essays are my forte’. So consider this an apology in advance.

Things to note from the outset, this was a love job and the sole purpose was for my benefit only.

The vehicle was being fitted with a new air compressor so I was working outside with no lighting (other than the sun) in a less than ideal environment.

Also I had far less time to work on the vehicle than I had planned as such I was unable to take more time getting pictures.

The test vehicle and environment were both less than desirable,

The vehicle is 12 years old that is on the road and working 5 days a week, has had numerous repairs, damage and total lack of maintenance. I can guarantee this has never had a coat of wax and is washed with Truck Wash and a broom.

The whole objective of this test was to trial the correction ability of HD Finish/Speed Vs HD UNO (v4)

As you can see the paint is totally hammered, the hood has been re-sprayed at some stage and has not been cleared like the rest, and then we have major clear coat failure everywhere else.

A very quick wash and clay

In order to give HD Speed the best possible chance I used a LC Purple wool pad for both. (I didn’t have a fancy Black one like they did at SEMA)

Although the pictures don’t really do it justice just one pass with UNO corrected 90+% of the swirls, scratches and even some deeper rids. I was super impressed with V4 the added cutting ability is a real winner in my eyes. Other than some minor holograms and buffer trails left behind from the Wool, over all UNO finished down brilliantly

Before HD UNO (v4)

After HD UNO (v4)

Before

After

HD Finish/Speed was very impressive in its correction, far more so than I had expected. I would be confident is saying HD Speed removed a good 60-70% of the swirls and marks easily whilst refining some of the deeper scratches as well. HD Speed finished down a little nicer than UNO and there were far less buffer trails and or holograms present. Now keeping in mind that this was a very aggressive approach for an “AIO” product however I believe it displays the product as being very versatile.

Before HD Speed

After HD Speed

HD Speed Orange pad

Unfortunately I was unable to get any pictures other than the one above showing the results of HD Speed with different pad choices, however even with a Green polishing pad or a red finishing pad there was genuine correction present, and both pads finished very well

I used HD Speed on a red finishing pad to remove any buffer trails and holograms and it just eat them up finishing of the paint nicely.

In conclusion,

I would rate HD UNO as one of my favorite compounds and V4 has just increased my love for this product. Its added cutting ability has just raised the bar in my opinion, there was no dusting and even on LC purple wool the product finished down very well

For obvious reason HD Speed has nowhere near as much cut as UNO and nor should it, however I was truly impressed with the amount of true correction that it does, yet finishes down as you would expect a Finishing compound or AIO to do.

One thing I will note, HD Speed does not dust and removes just like an LSP it also has a very familiar Poxy style smell to it.

I am still a little confused as to whether HD Speed does have any protection in it or not. I was originally told that it did however it has been stated on here that it does not. If it does not then Tunch and 3D need to add some poxy to the mix and this would become a fantastic true AIO. HD Speed is an absolute pleasure to work with.

Over all HD Speed was a very pleasant product to use and if you are looking for something that will work as a quick one step whilst doing a minor correction and restoring a nice glossy finish then I would highly recommend HD Speed

I have plans of revising this test by doing a full hood that will be broken down into sections with HD Speed as the only medium used and showing the results from different pads. I’m hoping to get something to do this on over the weekend

I hope this helps. :yo:

Cheers

Daniel

Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel, excellent review. I share your feelings regarding these 2 products.

HD Finish HAS protection in it. How durable? Don`t know yet, but a good detailer should always use an LSP. Only time I can think of using it alone would be wholesale details.

Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Daniel,

this is more than a "Mini Review". Great write-up.

HD SPEED will be out very soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for a great review! I can`t wait to try this stuff, going to order Uno v4, Poxy and Speed.

-Kody-
    New Image Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job on the review! Another reason to try both the new UNO & FINISH.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

I am assuming the OP is referring to HD Finish as HD Speed? Was Speed a Beta name for Finish?
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the kind words

QUOTE=tdekany;1471147]Daniel, excellent review. I share your feelings regarding these 2 products.

HD Finish HAS protection in it. How durable? Don`t know yet, but a good detailer should always use an LSP. Only time I can think of using it alone would be wholesale details.[/QUOTE]

Thomas, as mentioned previously my gut feeling was that HD Speed does have some protection and as to durability I guess time will tell. I also agree whole hartedly that every job should have a true LSP to complete with, however I also understand that there are times using a LSP just isnt an option be it due to customer, cost and or job. In which case as long as HD Speed’s protection does hold up for a reasonable amount of time then it is a winner in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by tunch123
    Hi Daniel,

this is more than a "Mini Review". Great write-up.

HD SPEED will be out very soon.

Tunch, that is good news indeed and I’m sure it will make a number of people very happy and I think it will prove to be a great addition to the 3D/HD stable. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kakeuter
    Thanks for a great review! I can`t wait to try this stuff, going to order Uno v4, Poxy and Speed.

-Kody-

Kody, you won’t regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

David, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean
    I am assuming the OP is referring to HD Finish as HD Speed? Was Speed a Beta name for Finish?

Garry, you post has just reminded me I would like to discuss your cord clip with you. (PM sent)

I’m sorry if I had added some confusion by using both HD Speed/Finish. The origonal product I recieved was infact HD Finish, this has now had a name change and will be released to the market as HD Speed, I thought it best to use both names so people reading will be aware of which product I was refering to once it is available.

I hope this removes and confusion re the product used and the name when it is released.

(Tunch, I Hope i’m not speaking out of turn re the above.)

Cheers

Daniel

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good. Thanks for clarifying.

I didnt get a chance to use "Speed" at SEMA, Just UNO. Got my package yesterday! Gonna try it out tomorrow.

PM responded to...

I got my packaging sorted out this week and I will be emailing Juan @ 3D in the next couple of days. They are interested in carrying them.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for doing this. You sold me and tons more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin, your welcome.

I`ll be honest the purpose of doing this was not to sell on to anyone, merely just a an opportunity to trial and test the product and share my experiences.

On a side note I did attempt to do a complete step by step review showing the complete cutting and finishing range of HD Speed using 4 different pads. Unfortunately the only Hood I could get my hands on was a pale blue one and the pictures do not clearly show up enough of the changes in pads. So I`m off to try and find another one in a much darker colour tomorrow. I`ll keep you all posted.

Cheers Daniel

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my wife read this post, she smiled and reassured me Christmas would be good this year.

Thank-you!
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    I had my wife read this post, she smiled and reassured me Christmas would be good this year.

Thank-you!

JuneBug, that is cool.

I`m still scared to tell my wife anything about what I spend on products, as far as she knows I get it all from the $2 dollar store

(well at least she pretends to believe me)

Cheers Daniel

Thread Information