As promised

I will start by saying that this test is in no way to the caliber that I see others on here perform and provide for the community, I will also state that neither photography or writing reviews/essays are my forte’. So consider this an apology in advance.

Things to note from the outset, this was a love job and the sole purpose was for my benefit only.

The vehicle was being fitted with a new air compressor so I was working outside with no lighting (other than the sun) in a less than ideal environment.

Also I had far less time to work on the vehicle than I had planned as such I was unable to take more time getting pictures.

The test vehicle and environment were both less than desirable,

The vehicle is 12 years old that is on the road and working 5 days a week, has had numerous repairs, damage and total lack of maintenance. I can guarantee this has never had a coat of wax and is washed with Truck Wash and a broom.

The whole objective of this test was to trial the correction ability of HD Finish/Speed Vs HD UNO (v4)

As you can see the paint is totally hammered, the hood has been re-sprayed at some stage and has not been cleared like the rest, and then we have major clear coat failure everywhere else.

A very quick wash and clay

In order to give HD Speed the best possible chance I used a LC Purple wool pad for both. (I didn’t have a fancy Black one like they did at SEMA)

Although the pictures don’t really do it justice just one pass with UNO corrected 90+% of the swirls, scratches and even some deeper rids. I was super impressed with V4 the added cutting ability is a real winner in my eyes. Other than some minor holograms and buffer trails left behind from the Wool, over all UNO finished down brilliantly

Before HD UNO (v4)

After HD UNO (v4)

Before

After

HD Finish/Speed was very impressive in its correction, far more so than I had expected. I would be confident is saying HD Speed removed a good 60-70% of the swirls and marks easily whilst refining some of the deeper scratches as well. HD Speed finished down a little nicer than UNO and there were far less buffer trails and or holograms present. Now keeping in mind that this was a very aggressive approach for an “AIO” product however I believe it displays the product as being very versatile.

Before HD Speed

After HD Speed

HD Speed Orange pad

Unfortunately I was unable to get any pictures other than the one above showing the results of HD Speed with different pad choices, however even with a Green polishing pad or a red finishing pad there was genuine correction present, and both pads finished very well

I used HD Speed on a red finishing pad to remove any buffer trails and holograms and it just eat them up finishing of the paint nicely.

In conclusion,

I would rate HD UNO as one of my favorite compounds and V4 has just increased my love for this product. Its added cutting ability has just raised the bar in my opinion, there was no dusting and even on LC purple wool the product finished down very well

For obvious reason HD Speed has nowhere near as much cut as UNO and nor should it, however I was truly impressed with the amount of true correction that it does, yet finishes down as you would expect a Finishing compound or AIO to do.

One thing I will note, HD Speed does not dust and removes just like an LSP it also has a very familiar Poxy style smell to it.

I am still a little confused as to whether HD Speed does have any protection in it or not. I was originally told that it did however it has been stated on here that it does not. If it does not then Tunch and 3D need to add some poxy to the mix and this would become a fantastic true AIO. HD Speed is an absolute pleasure to work with.

Over all HD Speed was a very pleasant product to use and if you are looking for something that will work as a quick one step whilst doing a minor correction and restoring a nice glossy finish then I would highly recommend HD Speed

I have plans of revising this test by doing a full hood that will be broken down into sections with HD Speed as the only medium used and showing the results from different pads. I’m hoping to get something to do this on over the weekend

I hope this helps. :yo:

Cheers

Daniel