Post Thanks / Like
    Any update on the shelf life of Nitro Seal? Got mine back in September, and used it on my tiny Miata with lots of product remaining. Just bought a new Odyssey. Have had the NS in my basement since I used it. Any idea whether it is possibly still good? Is there any way to tell empirically whether it has gone bad, lost its potency or whatever you want to call it?

Thanks,

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Ben / Tunch?

Can you provide some insight into how one can tell if the product is no longer viable? If it is used, does it just not bond/crosslink correctly? Will it do harm? What really happens? I have a brand new Odyssey that I`d like to use my leftovers on that I used the beginning of September.... how will I know?

Thanks,

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I would also like to know. I have the exact scenario and need to know if I can use the half a bottle of Nitro Seal I have left... or if I have to trash it.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Ben, Tunch, Barry, etc. are all at SEMA in Las Vegas, and they are extremely busy. It might be a few days before you guys get an answer.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    :nervous: Hopefully they will see it. I am hoping to get some time tomorow to apply the Nitro. Have to get this sucker sealed up for winter.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. At a little show called SEMA this week. :lever:

The shelf life we say is 30 days after opening if kept sealed. But may be a bit longer. After that time, the solvents start to evaporate. The spread-ability starts to diminish. The product still works, but you will have to work a bit harder and use more product than the initial use.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ben. I appreciate the feedback. If it is just a little more work, I`ll give it a go.

Hope that SEMA goes well for you guys. Say Hi to Barry for me.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad I am going to give it a go. I`ll let you know how it goes this weekend...

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black99miata
    Brad I am going to give it a go. I`ll let you know how it goes this weekend...

Jeff

Thanks! Good luck.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Brad... spent the day on the new van - washed and dried it last night and started in this morning with clay using Meguiars quick Detailer. Followed that with a round of Uno on a HD green pad. IPA`ed to ensure a good clean surface. Applied Part A Nitro - absolutely no change in application. Went on smooth and easy. Went around the whole vehicle and gave it a couple of extra minutes dry time. Followed it up with Part B. It was a bit more creamy than I remembered when I first opened it two months ago. Despite that, it spread reasonably smoothly and I coated the entire car - jams, windows, trim - everything. Again, left it for a couple of minutes before I started to remove the slight haze. Came right off with minimal effort.

Long way around to saying - I would absolutely not toss the remainder of your product. I kept mine in my cool basement tightly closed. Other than that no speciall handling. It was fine to use after two months (almost to the day). Not sure how much longer it could go and still be good (finished Part B with the van - it is huge).

The van looks awesome despite having more orange peel from the factory. At least it is pretty even across all panels. The dealer stripped the protective films and washed it without installing swirls, although the color (Mocha Metallic) doesn`t seem to show much of anything. NS is really a great product going on, and time will tell how long it lasts. I am actually thinking of topping it with a quick coat of Poxy on Sunday just for the fun of it. I just can`t stop... ya know?

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    2 things to remember for anyone reading this:

1- If you`re using UNO just prior to NitroSeal and/or POXY, you don`t need to strip the surface to insure bonding. The oils in both UNO and NS/POXY are the same and work as one.

2- The best thing to do after using NitroSeal is to tighten the cap on both A & B, put them in a Ziplock baggies squeezing all the air out and putting them in the refridgerator. This will drastically prolong the life of both products.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David. Appreciate the application tip, and I had read that before. I was a little concerned that I had used the Megs QD on it, and potentially had some of that remaining, so I figured better safe than sorry. It also gave me another chance to look the surface over really well. I`ll keep the tip on the storage in mind for next time. Between the miata and the van, Part B is all gone, so the next application will be with fresh product.

Only one "issue" - I had watched Tunch`s video applying NS across all surfaces including trim, rubber and glass, and while it worked as advertised on all the surfaces, the glass is an exception. It deems to be a bit "smeary" (a technical term) and despite using Griots glass claner as well as a 50-50 IPA mix, I can`t seem to get it completly free of these smudges. Any tips on that?

Both the van and the miata are looking otherwise awesome thanks to Nitro Seal.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    2 things to remember for anyone reading this:

1- If you`re using UNO just prior to NitroSeal and/or POXY, you don`t need to strip the surface to insure bonding. The oils in both UNO and NS/POXY are the same and work as one.

2- The best thing to do after using NitroSeal is to tighten the cap on both A & B, put them in a Ziplock baggies squeezing all the air out and putting them in the refridgerator. This will drastically prolong the life of both products.

Great tip!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black99miata
    Only one "issue" - I had watched Tunch`s video applying NS across all surfaces including trim, rubber and glass, and while it worked as advertised on all the surfaces, the glass is an exception. It deems to be a bit "smeary" (a technical term) and despite using Griots glass claner as well as a 50-50 IPA mix, I can`t seem to get it completly free of these smudges. Any tips on that?

The smearing should only be temporary and *could* be attributed to heavy application. I`d imagine a quick wash would take care of it. The IPA could just be smearing the oils around and not lifting them off and away from the surface.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information