Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased a PC7424XP, one of each of the orange, green, and red pads, HD Uno & Poxy and I`m ready to give this a shot. How do I decide which pads to use? Do I really need to polish 3 times? I was thinking orange and green pads, then apply the Poxy with the red one? I`m sure the all comes with experience, but I`m curious on what the typical work pattern is for the Uno product. In regards to the DA, I assume speed 5 for cutting, 4 for polishing, and 1 for applying the wax? I tried a small section the other night and it seemed like it was pretty easy to get the pad to stop spinning. I`m not pushing very hard (and at speed 1 it stops with the weight of the machine), but maybe it`s from not holding the machine level, or the various "creases" in the body panels. Thanks for any tips/tricks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to leave most of the answers for the experts, but I have the exact same setup, though a GG polisher not a PC. Personally I only use speed 1 to spread product. I usually do the Poxy on 3. Polishing I`m usually at 5 or 5 1/2. Almost always I only use the green and red pads with UNO, and a GG red pad for poxy. Sometimes I even just use the green pad, but go back and do a low speed and light polish to finish the paint up without holograms. I usually do the square technique with the up and down, with overlapping, and then side to side a couple times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently looking at it again, reading forum members and what 3D has to say, you can use any one of the pads with Uno.

And since what members and people have to say about UNO it changes its `cutting` ability depending on what pad you`re using so I would go with the popular term of using the least aggressive product to get the job done. Green or the Red to start off with and if that`s not working, bump up to the orange.

My PC7424 is like that. It`s not the XP so its weaker but its all in how you use it. I know I`m not great but you can get to the point where it will not stop on you. SO just remember how much pressure you`re applying that stops the pad, and then figure out the most you can press before you stop the rotation of the pad. One of the reasons why I picked up a GG6 instead of the PCXP. Also when I`m cutting I start off at a low speed to spread the product then bump it to speed five. Only reason why I go to five and not higher is because the GG6 is kind of known for burning up pads so better safe then sorry. Also I do the same pattern that StuLax18 does for when I`m cutting. Slowing and or speeding up my arm speed depending on how the paint is and how much correction I would like to get out of it.

Hope to have helped OP, and I hope you get experts of Autopia to chime in and give you more pointers.

Post Thanks / Like
    not see the car i`d probably start off with the green and do a test spot. chances are that you`ll move up to the orange and do another test spot. multiple pass maybe need to get the results you`re looking for. i don`t find the orange to be all that aggressive cutting pad. putting a mark on you`re backing plate will make it easier to tell if it`s still spinning. for cutting/polishing speed start around 5 and move it up and down a little to see what works for you. all three pads can be used with the uno. if after green and uno your happy then use your red to apply poxy. for spreading poxy or any other lsp speed 1 is what you`ll want to use. on a side note about poxy you`ll probably only need .5-.75 oz for the whole car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also if you bought the 32oz bottles transfer them into the 3oz bottles that you can buy at any big store. WalMart sales them in the travel beauty section, Walgreens have them in the cosmetic travel and

Amazon.com: travel bottles 3oz

Post Thanks / Like
    It will totally depend on the surface and it`s condition. As someone mentioned, start with green, then move up to orange if you need more cut. Apply 3-4 pea sized drops on the outside edge of the pad>>work it into a 2X2 area at speed 3/4>>turn up speed to 6 and apply firm pressure moving very slow with overlapping passes. Keep your pad clean and don`t overwork the area. Once you think you`re done, do a 50/50 with a finishing pad to determine if there`s any improvement as move forward from there if needed.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the difference betweent he waffle pads and the flat pads? I am using a PC7424 and have used flat pads to date - how does the waffle pad change the equation?

Thanks,

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    waffle pads are supposed to have more air flow so they run cooler. i`ve use waffle and flat pads and i prefer the flat pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei86
    Also if you bought the 32oz bottles transfer them into the 3oz bottles that you can buy at any big store. WalMart sales them in the travel beauty section, Walgreens have them in the cosmetic travel and

Amazon.com: travel bottles 3oz

While those will work, the clear ketchup bottles sold at Wal-mart are superior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky

Ahh, good tip!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky

ahahaha thanks for the tip Yakky

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black99miata
    What is the difference betweent he waffle pads and the flat pads? I am using a PC7424 and have used flat pads to date - how does the waffle pad change the equation?

Thanks,

Jeff

Waffle for Rotary

Flat for DA
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks WR and David. Ordered the set of flat pads and backing plate this afternoon along with UNO and Proxy. Couldn`t order the Nitro yet... Grrrrrrrrr.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    you could just waited 5 more days and ordered ns.

Thread Information