Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So, i just ordered poxy last night, along with two of the duo applicators. I have been using megs #20 for a while now, and im just wondering what tips/tricks anyone has to offer when using poxy..

I have read and researched a bit on it, and what ive learned so far is that only about an ounce for the car, let it "cure" on the paint for about a 1/2 hour before wiping off, and only an ounce per car :dance

Anything else i should know? Also, the poxy i ordered was from the "retail" line... I know that poxy was just reformulated, so that is the new 3.0, correct?

Link of where i bought it: Polymer Sealant Car Wax & Shine Product - HD POXY 9 oz | 3D Products

Thanks for any help in advance, i just want to make sure im squared away before i get it and use it

Post Thanks / Like
    ONLY A DROP! I put two drops on a red finish pad last night and it covered two side panels of my 328IS- it was too much product. It spreads and spreads.

Use less than you think you`ll need and watch. 32 oz. bottle- going to last a long, long, time!

Rob
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Apply it nice and thin and you`ll have no issues. Less than 1/2oz per car. The stuff looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, thats the biggest thing ive been hearing is to apply it VERY sparingly. A 1/2 ounce for the whole car eh? So, how many pea sized drops would that come out to be? Lol

Im also going to be applying by hand, and not by DA(as i dont own a DA at this point in time).. Which is why i ordered the duo pads as well.

Also, i was reading on their site that it can be used on glass and plastic as well? Anyone ever tried it on glass or plastic? I have a TON of plastic trim on my car, so if i can get away with using it on there, that would be awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Grab one of those airplane approved 3oz shampoo bottles and fill it up 1/3 of the way and aim to use 1/2. It should work great on glass and I haven`t noticed any trim staining issues yet, though I haven`t used it extensively.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    Grab one of those airplane approved 3oz shampoo bottles and fill it up 1/3 of the way and aim to use 1/2. It should work great on glass and I haven`t noticed any trim staining issues yet, though I haven`t used it extensively.

Not a bad idea there, i`ll have to give that a shot. Yea, my main concern is if it stains my trim, because that would be a not so good thing lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poxy is super easy to use, as people above have commented(just like any other LSP) apply sparingly. Also, it`s super easy to wipe off no matter how long you let it sit.

Post Thanks / Like
    You`ll love it. As mentioned, thin coats are the trick. Use a foam applicator, not terrycloth, which will provide you thinner, more even coverage.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Like others said, thin coats are best, and very little product needed. It`s very easy to wipe off which is nice. Also lasts a long time and makes the car easy to clean off after it starts to get dirty.

I`m hoping that sometime soon I`ll have time to fully polish my car, and then I`m going to try a few layers of Poxy and see how it reacts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a Gold Lake Country 5.5" pad with a Griots Garage DA speed 3 to apply, went on super thin, I used 6-8 small drops to do a 370z

Post Thanks / Like
    So, im not going to lie, im quite disappointed...

I came home from work today, saw my package from 3D, and got really excited.. Cracked open the package to find not what i ordered..

Guess i wont be detailing my car this weekend after-all...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so i just got off the phone with 3D and they are going to be sending me the poxy i ordered and another exterior pad.

They REALLY are on the ball with customer service! So, hopefully will be getting my poxy next week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they are. I get my stuff within about a day- granted I`m an hour`s drive. I appreciate their packing style as well. My last order was packed very, very well + I can reuse the packaging for my own business.

Rob

Judging by how much POXY it took to cover my last car, I`ll have my 32oz bottle for quite a while.
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WCD
    Yes, they are. I get my stuff within about a day- granted I`m an hour`s drive. I appreciate their packing style as well. My last order was packed very, very well + I can reuse the packaging for my own business.

Rob

Judging by how much POXY it took to cover my last car, I`ll have my 32oz bottle for quite a while.

Yea, i ordered on Saturday and got it today, which is not bad at all considering i live in the suburbs of chicago, and they are pretty much on the other side of the country.

I was debating ordering the 32oz, but im only going to be using the poxy on my car, and maybe a couple friends cars.

Packaging was great too, i saw the box and kind of scratched my head wondering how they got one of their 9oz bottles and two pads in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought i would update my thread here.. Got my POXY in today, as well as the other exterior duo pad i ordered. This weekend, as long as the rain holds off for a few days, im going to put all my new products to use!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information