Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a another good product from 3D.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great information Barry! Love the video of the Red M3 as well.

Can you compare Nitro Seal to the rash of quartz lattice or resin coatings coined as permanent protection such as Opti-Coat, C-Quartz, G|Techniq C1, or System X Element 119?

I`ve heard most that use these coatings say that the coatings shed water and resist water spotting etc. like nobody`s business but never really feel slick in the traditional sense as sealants and waxes do. If you have used both can you compare appearance, slickness, sheeting ability, etc. when you get the chance?

How resistive is this to stronger alkaline soap washings as well?

I`m trying to figure out if I wanna wait for this to come out to put on my car or put on the Opti-Coat 2 that I have. Come on Barry talk me out of it!!! lol

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    i had opti coat on my car a little over two years now and its still holding up just fine. haven`t used the nitro seal yet so can`t compare the two. i don`t think barry uses any of the coatings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18
    Did you read the post or watch the vid?

"HD Nitro Seal will last 12-18 months on a vehicle depending on normal usage. However you can prolong this time by regularly maintaining automobiles with HD POXY."

I read it but didnt watch the vid. I totally skipped right over that. I guess that is why I never got good grades in my English classes. Thanks buddy :xyxthumbs

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like
    What a pro! atta boy Barry!
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman1982
    Great information Barry! Love the video of the Red M3 as well.

Can you compare Nitro Seal to the rash of quartz lattice or resin coatings coined as permanent protection such as Opti-Coat, C-Quartz, G|Techniq C1, or System X Element 119?

I`ve heard most that use these coatings say that the coatings shed water and resist water spotting etc. like nobody`s business but never really feel slick in the traditional sense as sealants and waxes do. If you have used both can you compare appearance, slickness, sheeting ability, etc. when you get the chance?

How resistive is this to stronger alkaline soap washings as well?

I`m trying to figure out if I wanna wait for this to come out to put on my car or put on the Opti-Coat 2 that I have. Come on Barry talk me out of it!!! lol

Thanks!
    The chemistry and philosophy of Nitro Seal sounds great! I love it when a company thinks completely out of the box. 18 months durability sounds encouraging.

However, ceramic coatings, like Opticoat 2.0 are permanent coatings and, reportedly, lasts the life of the paint. I`m scratching my head to think of why a person would use a durable sealant, like NS, when they could they could apply a permanent coating like OC 2.0. :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    However, ceramic coatings, like Opticoat 2.0 are permanent coatings and, reportedly, lasts the life of the paint. I`m scratching my head to think of why a person would use a durable sealant, like NS, when they could they could apply a permanent coating like OC 2.0. :think:

I`m holding off on the permanent coatings because I firmly believe in a sacrificial coating. If a permanent coating was the answer, why not just put on more clear? Why is it lowly carnauba provides the best paint protection?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tru_Shine
    What a pro! atta boy Barry!

Please get a different avatar!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TedFred
    Please get a different avatar!!!!!!

lol, take it up with Barry Theal..... he put it on there.
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Leidgen
    I read it but didnt watch the vid. I totally skipped right over that. I guess that is why I never got good grades in my English classes. Thanks buddy :xyxthumbs

Haha, oh English classes. Those classes you realize do next to nothing for you when get into higher education.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18
    Haha, oh English classes. Those classes you realize do next to nothing for you when get into higher education.

Back in the day

History class - You`re learning history because we want to prevent history from repeating itself.

English - Because people will respect you

Math - You`ll use it everyday of your life.

I`ve only found two of the three to actually be very important to me... And I actually regret that I didn`t study harder in that section when I was in grade school/high school.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    I`m holding off on the permanent coatings because I firmly believe in a sacrificial coating. If a permanent coating was the answer, why not just put on more clear? Why is it lowly carnauba provides the best paint protection?

Permanent coatings are also a sacrificial layer. i.e. Not clear coat

And respraying your entire car is very much cost prohibitive and shouldn`t even be in this discussion in my own opinion. These permanent coatings vary in cost from $40 to $60 and will do 2-4 vehicles depending on the product and the size of the vehicle. Not to mention the resistance these coatings have to solvents/harsh soaps and their improved scratch resistance etc. Granted the pictures and videos of NS look to be impressive. I would like to at least know why I should choose this over the other alternatives. There will be some who will buy this just out of curiosity or because it`s the next flavor of the month. I want to be convinced to spend my hard earned money. I will use the coating I have in my house to coat my GF`s car and her sister`s car instead and get this is it seems to be worth it. Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman1982
    Permanent coatings are also a sacrificial layer. i.e. Not clear coat

And respraying your entire car is very much cost prohibitive and shouldn`t even be in this discussion in my own opinion. These permanent coatings vary in cost from $40 to $60 and will do 2-4 vehicles depending on the product and the size of the vehicle. Not to mention the resistance these coatings have to solvents/harsh soaps and their improved scratch resistance etc. Granted the pictures and videos of NS look to be impressive. I would like to at least know why I should choose this over the other alternatives. There will be some who will buy this just out of curiosity or because it`s the next flavor of the month. I want to be convinced to spend my hard earned money. I will use the coating I have in my house to coat my GF`s car and her sister`s car instead and get this is it seems to be worth it. Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

Great post! Nitro Seal is a 2 Part sealent and not a coating, so you can`t compare this to coatings. Just like anything in life we have many choices in whatever it is we try to accomplish. It will all come down to personal preference. I myself have used a few coatings, but I prefer carnuba based products. I am more into that desired carnuba look. Until I did research on 3D`s poxy and now Nitro Seal, these products actually use something entirely different then most. Its called Monton wax. Its actually a derived from coal. Here is the definition from wiki. Maybe this may be a reason to try it. Its something different.

Montan wax

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Montan wax, also known as lignite wax or OP wax, is a hard wax obtained by solvent extraction of certain types of lignite or brown coal. Commercially viable deposits exist in only a few locations, including Amsdorf, Germany, and in the Ione Basin near Ione, California.

[edit] Properties

Its color ranges from dark brown to light yellow when crude, or white when refined. Its composition is non-glyceride long-chain (C24–C30) carboxylic acid esters (62–68 weight %), free long-chain organic acids (22–26%), long-chain alcohols, ketones, and hydrocarbons (7–15%), and resins; it is in effect a fossilized plant wax. Its melting range is 82–95 °C.

[edit] Uses

It is used for making car and shoe polishes, paints, and phonograph records, and as lubricant for molding paper and plastics. About a third of total world production is used in car-polishing polishes. Formerly, its main use was making carbon paper. Unrefined montan wax contains asphalt and resins, which can be removed by refining. Montan wax in polishes improves scuff resistance, increases water repellence, and imparts high gloss.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Great post! Nitro Seal is a 2 Part sealent and not a coating, so you can`t compare this to coatings. Just like anything in life we have many choices in whatever it is we try to accomplish. It will all come down to personal preference. I myself have used a few coatings, but I prefer carnuba based products. I am more into that desired carnuba look. Until I did research on 3D`s poxy and now Nitro Seal, these products actually use something entirely different then most. Its called Monton wax. Its actually a derived from coal. Here is the definition from wiki. Maybe this may be a reason to try it. Its something different.

Montan wax

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Montan wax, also known as lignite wax or OP wax, is a hard wax obtained by solvent extraction of certain types of lignite or brown coal. Commercially viable deposits exist in only a few locations, including Amsdorf, Germany, and in the Ione Basin near Ione, California.

[edit] Properties

Its color ranges from dark brown to light yellow when crude, or white when refined. Its composition is non-glyceride long-chain (C24–C30) carboxylic acid esters (62–68 weight %), free long-chain organic acids (22–26%), long-chain alcohols, ketones, and hydrocarbons (7–15%), and resins; it is in effect a fossilized plant wax. Its melting range is 82–95 °C.

[edit] Uses

It is used for making car and shoe polishes, paints, and phonograph records, and as lubricant for molding paper and plastics. About a third of total world production is used in car-polishing polishes. Formerly, its main use was making carbon paper. Unrefined montan wax contains asphalt and resins, which can be removed by refining. Montan wax in polishes improves scuff resistance, increases water repellence, and imparts high gloss.

Thanks for the information and your informed opinion on these products. :thumb: I was so amazed by that M3 that my interest is definitely piqued on NS, and the 12-18 month durability is long enough that I would consider it without much thought against the coatings because I want my car to look awesome not just be "protected". Slickness is also something I desire and the coatings seem to be sub-par on that although it doesn`t seem to matter on their ability to release dirt, dust, etc.

Thanks again and I am definitely looking forward to the launch and more reviews!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    Actually, OptiCoat2.0/OptiGuard is a clearcoat. I don`t want to hijack this thread about 3D`s excellent new sealant so I`ll continue this discussion here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information