Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been looking to go up to the rotary now for a while, and am finally taking the plunge. I`ve also been recommended HD Uno several times now as sort of an all-in-one compound/polish solution, and I`m wondering if it`s just for DA or if it has been shown to work just as well with a rotary?

If so, what pads work well for heavy cutting, moderate polishing, and light polishing/finishing?

I`ve used a rotary with a 7.5" pad before and felt it was too big for typical use, so I`d prefer 6.5" for normal polishing. I still have yet to figure out what the best route to go is for the smaller strips that require a 3-4" pad - although open to suggestions.

Should I be looking at UNO or is that not the right option for rotary work? I tend to work on pretty rough cars.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

-Evan

Post Thanks / Like
    I like DA more than rotary. I know you can always get a faster and better finish with rotary, but DA is fool proof.

Besides I get very good results with DA as well.

The new HD pads are great. They have the waffle and the flat version. I think flat is better IMO.

If you are working with rough cars perhaps rotart is the best option. HD Uno on rough cars works great with wool pad and rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that`s good news. Looking for specific recommendations on both the wool and foam pads I`ll need to have in my arsenal to work with Uno on a rotary. Heck, even a backing plate recommendation would be helpful.

I`ve used a friend`s rotary multiple times, and I`ve been detailing for years with a PC, but in your recommendations do factor in that rotary usage is not quite as practiced as the PC for me yet.

Many thanks!!

Thread Information