Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    I was using a Mak BO6040, so not quite rotary. It left a mild compound marring, not really a haze, more like mild swirls.

I would normally agree on the *gap* but it looked great in the end with no swirls left at all. I used a prep-wash body solvent to remove all oils and pulled it out into the sun. Looked perfect.

What are your thoughts on this result, and also on why I was having trouble finishing with UNO.

I think I`m not following. Elaborate a little more when you say it looked great. After what step? And how did you use UNO after the initial cutting phase where it left undesireable results.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    It looked great after finishing with 85RD. No swirls of any kind left, removed UNO marring and high gloss finish.

I had trouble when attempting to finish with UNO/finishing pad (generic closed-cell type like the old Sonus SFX pads that worked very well). It removed the compound marring but left light swirls. I tried varying the amount of UNO used, the speed, the pressure, all to no avail. What do you think I was doing wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda sounds like the same thing that happens to me sometimes with M205. I have a hunch that finishing with a non-deminishing abrasive on soft paints can be a challenge. On paint like this, you may need a fully broken down polish to finish out perfect. I`d keep trying different pads to see if one works next time. Keep the pad extremely clean and use slow speeds with firm pressure.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, must be the soft paint. I used the same UNO/pad combo on my wife`s car, which is also black, and had no problems. It finished out perfectly. Her car seemed to have harder paint but still corrected easily and left a flawless finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I compound, polish and finish using just HD uno and using the following pads?

a PFW for compounding

white LC pad for polishing

then Black LC pad for finishing

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can use that combo of pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was looking at ordering the HD Uno Combo this week. Was curious, do people feel its more useful with DA`s or Rotarys? I prefer to use my rotary and try to avoid products that dry up only after 2-3 section passes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MachNU
    Was looking at ordering the HD Uno Combo this week. Was curious, do people feel its more useful with DA`s or Rotarys? I prefer to use my rotary and try to avoid products that dry up only after 2-3 section passes.

Machnu,

Uno has long working times and is great with rotory. It virtually dustless as well. It works great with DA as well.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I was wondering (since I had a chance to use Uno v2 again today but on MF pads), how do you guys use it? I have soft honda paint and using speed 4.5 on my PCXP left a VERY faint haze that M205 on white effortlessly removed. I think the haze was attributed to the speed, as for finishing they recommend 3000opm. So my question is, can I cut at 4800opm and then finish at 3000opm in the same buffing cycle with Uno on the same pad (from my understanding the difference between cutting and finishing discs is negligible).

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are happy with finishing with 205, than no need to change the formula. However, UNO can finish very well, so next time try that out. Let us know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    If you are happy with finishing with 205, than no need to change the formula. However, UNO can finish very well, so next time try that out. Let us know.

I`d rather kill 2 birds with one stone if you know what I mean. Still waiting on 3.0 in the mail (sometime this week I hope), and will give it another go. Can`t wait to use it on my 3" MF pads (should give awesome correction in extremely tight areas).

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anybody weigh in on which pad system works the best with UNO v3? I am either going to go with the new cutting and polishing pads from 3D (orange and green pads) or the Meguiars MF cutting and finishing pads. TIA
    2008 Acura TSX in pearl white w/ tan leather

Post Thanks / Like
    when I was working on a SS Ren Red paint on a 93 Toyota the 3D Cutting pad did a great job. However Uno with the MF Cutting disc took much lesser time and seemed to finish out a bit better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei86
    when I was working on a SS Ren Red paint on a 93 Toyota the 3D Cutting pad did a great job. However Uno with the MF Cutting disc took much lesser time and seemed to finish out a bit better.
    PC or rotary?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    PC or rotary?

Griot`s Garage 6"

Speed 5 with MF disc with Uno and Speed 5 with HD new foam Cutting Pads

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information